Mom charged in killing "make a wish daughter"

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

She told make a wish her daughter was dying.Now,the Colorado mom is charged with her murder.

A Colorado mother sought donations to cover medical expenses for her daughter and promoted the girls bucket list of dreams to fulfill before she died has been indicted on a murder charge in the 7 year old's death,that was previously believed to be from a terminal illness.

The grand jury indictment revealed monday,Kelly Renee Turner,41 was charged with 13 criminal counts that include child abuse,theft and charitable fraud in the death of Olivia Gant.The indictment alleges Turner caused Olivia Gant's death,not the multiple illnesses that the mother claimed the girl had.

USA TODAY

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 11:05 am

Quote:
Olivia’s actual cause of death was not immediately clear. It was originally attributed to intestinal failure, according to the indictment issued Thursday and first reported Monday by KUSA-TV. Her body was exhumed last year, and an autopsy found no physical evidence of that illness or other conditions that Turner claimed the girl suffered, including seizure disorder and a buildup of fluid in cavities deep within the brain. Several doctors who were interviewed said Olivia did not have a terminal condition. During an interview, investigators said Turner spontaneously brought up Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a psychological disorder in which parents or caregivers seek attention from the illness of their children or dependents and sometimes cause them injuries that require attention. Olivia’s death is now listed as undetermined.
Source: This USA Today Article.

Is this an extreme case of "Munchhausen By Proxy"? By God, I hope not!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Olivia’s actual cause of death was not immediately clear. It was originally attributed to intestinal failure, according to the indictment issued Thursday and first reported Monday by KUSA-TV. Her body was exhumed last year, and an autopsy found no physical evidence of that illness or other conditions that Turner claimed the girl suffered, including seizure disorder and a buildup of fluid in cavities deep within the brain. Several doctors who were interviewed said Olivia did not have a terminal condition. During an interview, investigators said Turner spontaneously brought up Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a psychological disorder in which parents or caregivers seek attention from the illness of their children or dependents and sometimes cause them injuries that require attention. Olivia’s death is now listed as undetermined.
Source: This USA Today Article.

Is this an extreme case of "Munchhausen By Proxy"? By God, I hope not!
I think it is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 1:14 pm

If Munchausen by Proxy enables a successful insanity plea, then there'll be no justice for poor little Olivia Gant.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 1:22 pm

I wonder if she has another "dying kid" who's wish is for Mommy to have a good lawyer for the trial?