TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:32 pm

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:49 pm

Well, I hope he doesn't get himself killed when the police come to confiscate his weapons due to his terrorist threats.

Actually, if enough deplorables get neutralized because they resist lawful orders to disarm them, they might end up making America great again after all. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:57 pm

Eh, I really don't find it that funny. I don't want anybody actually getting killed over Trump, not even his supporters.

I just want Americans to work out their differences without repeating mistakes from the past. The Civil War was one of our biggest mistakes that destroyed so many lives and we really do not need another one. :(

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:58 pm

"Save our sons, from war we pray."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:00 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Eh, I really don't find it that funny. I don't want anybody actually getting killed over Trump, not even his supporters.

I just want Americans to work out their differences without repeating mistakes from the past. The Civil War was one of our biggest mistakes that destroyed so many lives and we really do not need another one. :(

I see no problem with terrorists plotting a violent insurrection getting themselves killed. Nipping the problem in the bud is likely to reduce the overall amount of violence because if those considering joining an insurrection get scared when some of the leadership ends up with their caps peeled, their movement will collapse and far less blood will be shed.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:03 pm

Why can't we all just try to avoid war and NOT kill each other?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:10 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Why can't we all just try to avoid war and NOT kill each other?

Ask society; I can't offer an answer for why humanity is so prone to violence.

But, since we are a violent species of ape it's unrealistic to expect us to collectively be able to always refrain from violence.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:13 pm

If it ever comes to that in our country I'm not sticking around. I will run far away or get shot trying.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:41 pm

I really hate this country. Seriously. If Americans want to kill each other over a reality TV star than I say f**k all of em. I wish I was born in a better country.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:46 pm

Not much of a threat. Umpires are blind.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 10:09 pm

I worry that more people are going to start making these threats. Like the Oath Keepers and the Texas pastor who originally suggested the idea causing Trump to tweet about it. :|

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 10:45 pm

EzraS wrote:
Not much of a threat. Umpires are blind.

Beat me to it! :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 1:08 am

Quote:
Partisan political division and the resulting incivility has reached a low in America, with 67% believing that the nation is nearing civil war, according to a new national survey.

“The majority of Americans believe that we are two-thirds of the way to being on the edge of civil war. That to me is a very pessimistic place,” said Mo Elleithee, the executive director of Georgetown University’s Institute of Politics and Public Service.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 1:45 am

If Americans were personally getting massively screwed over, then there might be an actual civil war.

All the same, it's still a strong message to the democrats that if they are framing Trump, they might want to abandon that course of action, and remove him the old fashioned way by producing a canidate who will win the next presidential election.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 1:53 am

EzraS wrote:
If Americans were personally getting massively screwed over, then there might be an actual civil war.

All the same, it's still a strong message to the democrats that if they are framing Trump, they might want to abandon that course of action, and remove him the old fashioned way by producing a canidate who will win the next presidential election.

Let me guess. "Framing Trump" is exactly what you think the Democrats are doing, so you're with the guy mentioned in the OP.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 2:06 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Let me guess. "Framing Trump" is exactly what you think the Democrats are doing, so you're with the guy mentioned in the OP.

I was thinking of putting the word "if" in my post in bold caps because I anticipated such a response.

I would have to be narrow minded to not consider it a possibility.