Another Trump Supporter threatening civil war

Page 21 of 24 [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 5:54 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Quote:
It was worse for the slaves...but it wasn’t a walk in the park for the poor white folks, either.

It’s good to have perspective....but it’s bad not to acknowledge that others suffered under the slave system in the South.

Some people don't give a s**t because there really is a prejudice towards both the white people from the south and the Germans because of the terrible things they did in the past, and cyberdad has proved my point about that although I'm sure he'll deny it.

I find it disturbing that anybody would actually think it's ok to slaughter women and children during times of war.

One can object to it but still recognize that brutalizing civilian populations has been a common tactic up until very recently. Civilians on both sides of the US Civil War were brutalized, why focus on the southern civilians suffering? Given how important slavery was to the southern economy, outside of a few areas like Appalachia, everyone bore guilt for slavery because they all benefited from it. It's perfectly fine to make a blanket condemnation of the way wars were fought at the time, but why focus on the civilians of the aggressor/traitor government?

I'm not sure why not giving those people special treatment compared to other victims of war at the time somehow makes Cyberdad especially hostile against those people. They don't deserve to have the value of their lives and well-being elevated above all other people alive at that time.

Exactly what northern civies of the war were brutalized other than the morons who decided to have a picnic while watching the first battle?

TW1ZTY wrote:
The South suffered the most from the war. Any northern civilian casualities were very meager in comparison because the north was invading us.

You're not familiar with 'Bleeding Kansas'?

Of course the south suffered more, they initiated hostilities with the north and lost. Generally the loser gets the worst of things, that's why they're the loser. They've spent the last 154 years attempting to portray themselves as the victims of the War of Southern Treachery, it wasn't true then and it's still just Lost Cause nonsense today.

Whatever, I'm sure if it was your home being burned to the ground and your family was left to starve to death while you were imprisoned in some disease-infested hell hole you would be singing a different tune. :roll:

I'll take that as you conceding there's absolutely no legitimate reason to be more invested in the sufferings of the white southerners who fought against America than any other group of people who had to deal with war in the 1800s, notwithstanding your personal connection to those folks vs. all the others.

You can spare the snark, it's not helping you make your point.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

You know something? North and South is exactly like East and West. We are non-compatible. Sorry.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:03 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
You know something? North and South is exactly like East and West. We are non-compatible. Sorry.

While that may or may not be true, it fails to address why one should be more concerned about what southern civilians went through in the war of southern treachery, compared to what any other civilians went through during other contemporary conflicts. War in that era was horrible, perhaps they should have abandoned slavery voluntarily while they had the chance.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

While that may or may not be true, it fails to address why one should be more concerned about what southern civilians went through in the war of southern treachery, compared to what any other civilians went through during other contemporary conflicts. War in that era was horrible, perhaps they should have abandoned slavery voluntarily while they had the chance.

Yeah, clearly it is true. Our arguing is proof of that.

If I were in control I would have abolished slavery and successfully succeeded the south from this stupid BS country known as the good ol' USA. I'm sure that would have made everyone happy. :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:24 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

If I were in control I would have abolished slavery and successfully succeeded the south from this stupid BS country known as the good ol' USA. I'm sure that would have made everyone happy. :roll:

I'm not from the north, so I'm not sure how us debating this is proof of more than that we disagree on this matter.

The south chose secession and conflict with the north to protect the institution of slavery and as things turned out, they made the wrong bet. Considering what they fought for, they're not exactly a sympathetic cause.

That said, the suffering of civilians is never something to celebrate, no matter how reprehensible their cause and no matter whether other choices could have prevented that outcome. I don't believe their suffering matters more than any other civilians in any other conflict during the period, but that doesn't mean that I feel their suffering matters any less than any other civilians in any other conflict during the period either.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I'm not from the north, so I'm not sure how us debating this is proof of more than that we disagree on this matter.

You're Canadian! That's as far north as it gets on this continent! :P

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:46 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Indeed, but as far as Union vs. Confederates, I don't got a dog in the fight. I try to call it as fairly as I can based on what I've been able to research on my own because it's not something that comes up in our curriculum here. I'd imagine that makes it easier for me to be emotionless when discussing, since a lot of Yankees seem to think the Civil War makes up for the north's racism and a lot of southerners seem defensive and easily triggered because 'but slavery' often ends up being the entirety of discussion of racism in America.

Canadians do it too, mention racism to Canadians and they immediately pivot to discussing the US and it's history of racial injustice, and spend the rest of the day acting like their s**t don't stink.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Indeed, but as far as Union vs. Confederates, I don't got a dog in the fight. I try to call it as fairly as I can based on what I've been able to research on my own because it's not something that comes up in our curriculum here. I'd imagine that makes it easier for me to be emotionless when discussing, since a lot of Yankees seem to think the Civil War makes up for the north's racism and a lot of southerners seem defensive and easily triggered because 'but slavery' often ends up being the entirety of discussion of racism in America.

Canadians do it too, mention racism to Canadians and they immediately pivot to discussing the US and it's history of racial injustice, and spend the rest of the day acting like their s**t don't stink.

Like I said, North and South, along with East and West, are not compatible. The USA is south of Canada. :wink:

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 30 Oct 2019, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:54 pm

Allow me to put all of North America into perspective for you, Game of Thrones intro style!

We are like King's Landing, you guys are Winterfell, and Mexico is Pentos. :king:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 7:06 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Like I said, North and South, along with East and West, are not compatible. The USA is south of Canada. :wink:

We're all the Anglo-West. America is welcome to rejoin the empire whenever she remembers that Elizabeth, of House Windsor, second of her name is their rightful head of state. :wink:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

We're all the Anglo-West. America is welcome to rejoin the empire whenever she remembers that Elizabeth, of House Windsor, second of her name is their rightful head of state. :wink:

Never gonna happen. :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 7:24 pm

I wonder if Americans and Canadians would ever go to war with each other? Maybe when us Yanks get tired of not having "free health care" and decide to steal it from Canada like we do other resources from other countries? :lol:

Or maybe we'll go to war once we run out of fat chunky bacon and maple syrup? :P

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:08 pm

You know something, I actually DO get it. Us southerners are supposed to feel ashamed and hate ourselves every waking day of our pathetic redneck lives for the sins of our past (slavery, racism, and treason). We're all supposed to hate everything about the south but feel so proud to be Americans!

Well I think this little cartoon here sums up the irony in that perfectly. :P

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 30 Oct 2019, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm

I believe the prejudice against the South is lessening as time proceeds.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:20 pm

I'm probably the ONLY southerner who will openly admit to not liking this country. Everyone else I know in the south seems so patriotic, or maybe they're more nationalistic? Hell I dunno anymore. :lol: But it's like the moment that southerners decided we liked being Americans the other more liberal states decided that being proud of being an American is a bad thing. :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:24 pm

I take pride in my country.

It ain't perfect----but it's not as bad as many other countries, either.