NYT admits the "Deep State" does exist

Page 2 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 1:36 am

The coup in Bolivia was way too organized to have just been some spontaneous thing. It has been in the planning for a while, and it has the United States written all over it:

This is just like when Allende was overthrown in Chile, who was popularly elected, the US media was conscripted to portray him as the "bad guy" and trumpet the supposed necessity of the coup, as a brutal right-wing regime rose to power in Chile with CIA help. Trump and his regime are pulling the same crap now.

So if you wanna talk about the "deep state", then let's talk about it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 1:42 am

beneficii wrote:
Anyone who speaks of Trump as being separate from whatever it is they call the "deep state" is delusional. Trump's "deep state" just masterminded a coup by a Christian fascist paramilitary group, in alliance with the military there, in Bolivia:

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/11/11/boli ... o-camacho/

This paramilitary group hates the indigenous Bolivians, came out with trumped up charges of election fraud, and led violent demonstrations that included kidnapping a female mayor who supported Morales and torturing her.

Morales has lifted many poor Bolivians out of poverty, and nationalized the oil industry. In addition, he empowered the indigenous groups of Bolivia. This is what Trump and the right wing, and the "deep state", in America hate.

history repeating itself....As Shirley Bassey put it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... in_America

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 2:47 am

beneficii wrote:
The coup in Bolivia was way too organized to have just been some spontaneous thing. It has been in the planning for a while, and it has the United States written all over it:

This is just like when Allende was overthrown in Chile, who was popularly elected, the US media was conscripted to portray him as the "bad guy" and trumpet the supposed necessity of the coup, as a brutal right-wing regime rose to power in Chile with CIA help. Trump and his regime are pulling the same crap now.

So if you wanna talk about the "deep state", then let's talk about it.

Sounds like you want to set up a strawman by redefining what the deep state is. Along with using a blog and a youtube show as source material.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:20 am

Fine, but when will the New York Times admit that autism is a deep state conspiracy? :lol:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2019, 8:25 am

Antrax wrote:
Should 2 million jobs be turned over every 4 years.

So, on the national scale... half a million jobs per year out of 350 million people, or 1 job per year for every 700 people. Not sounding exactly difficult there. Particularly if they all use much the same standardized process.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Sounds like you want to set up a strawman by redefining what the deep state is. Along with using a blog and a youtube show as source material.

I don't care about your stupid crap here. I'm done dealing with you guys trying to portray the thoroughly corrupt Trump as a victim. He's not, and is the most corrupt President we've ever had. Of course, Congress is going to take a look at that.

But, here is something the US is known to have done for over a century, this constant meddling in the politics of Latin America. If you want to speak of a "deep state", this is the place to do it. Not crying a river for Trump.

But of course, American right-wingers don't give a crap about our the negative impacts of our interference in Latin America. They'd rather just build a wall, and keep screwing over Latin Americans as they shut off any means of escape.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 12:14 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I don't care about your stupid crap here.

I feel the same way about the blogs and youtube shows you post as source material.

beneficii wrote:
I'm done dealing with you guys trying to portray the thoroughly corrupt Trump as a victim. He's not, and is the most corrupt President we've ever had. Of course, Congress is going to take a look at that.

But, here is something the US is known to have done for over a century, this constant meddling in the politics of Latin America. If you want to speak of a "deep state", this is the place to do it. Not crying a river for Trump.

The "deep state" is whatever it has already been made out to be, not what you want to make it out to be.

beneficii wrote:
But of course, American right-wingers don't give a crap about our the negative impacts of our interference in Latin America. They'd rather just build a wall, and keep screwing over Latin Americans as they shut off any means of escape.

This thread isn't about that. Instead of hijacking it, perhaps you should start your own thread about what you want to discuss about Latin America.

Last edited by EzraS on 12 Nov 2019, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 12:20 pm

A new thread should be started. It's an important issue.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 1:13 pm

It is an important issue. But I think it is also going to be addressed by the left with the usual virtue signalling and crocodile tears.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 1:40 pm

Liberals. The same crocodile tears that were dry when Obama instigated coups.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 2:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
It is an important issue. But I think it is also going to be addressed by the left with the usual virtue signalling and crocodile tears.

So if I start a new thread, you'll cut it out with these insinuations of virtue signalling and crocodile tears?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

There seem to be quite a few instances where something that's supposed to be totally a Trump thing, has been going on way before Trump.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 4:59 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So if I start a new thread, you'll cut it out with these insinuations of virtue signalling and crocodile tears?

That is a risk you'll have to take. Quite honestly I think you mainly just want to do another anti-trump spiel in the guise of being upset about Bolivians. Not that the anti-trump part bothers me any. It is the part where I am supposed to pretend that's not what it is all about that I would call into question. Than again you said you don't care about my "stupid crap" so why even ask.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:11 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That is a risk you'll have to take. Quite honestly I think you mainly just want to do another anti-trump spiel in the guise of being upset about Bolivians. Not that the anti-trump part bothers me any. It is the part where I am supposed to pretend that's not what it is all about that I would call into question. Than again you said you don't care about my "stupid crap" so why even ask.

This is a worrying thing actually. Because of liberals hysteria over everything Trump does whether it is good or bad, there is now a boy who cried wolf affect.

US foreign policy is controlled by the deep state, the same deep state that liberals are cheering for to remove Trump. It is the deep state/Military Industrial Complex that needs to be removed.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:39 pm

EzraS wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

There seem to be quite a few instances where something that's supposed to be totally a Trump thing, has been going on way before Trump.

As if I was saying it in a way that was only about Trump. :roll: Go back and read what I wrote. Jesus Christ. I brought up Allende and how this crap has been going on for a century.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:39 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

A "risk"? What are you talking about? I cannot even parse the rest of what you wrote here, because your use of the word "risk" makes no sense here.