Women given death threats over playing frisbee

Page 6 of 13 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 1:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Why the added hyperbole cyberdad?

I posted this article because right wing nutjobs threatened her with harm and called her liberal scum playing frisbee on her own property.

It's funny because right wingers are the ones who claim American freedom is being taken away yet they don't seem to mind curtailing other people's personal freedom...hypocrisy on display

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 2:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I posted this article because right wing nutjobs threatened her with harm and called her liberal scum playing frisbee on her own property.

It's funny because right wingers are the ones who claim American freedom is being taken away yet they don't seem to mind curtailing other people's personal freedom...hypocrisy on display

No one threatened her with harm and no one made death threats as the title of your article claims. Stop lying.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 3:44 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No one threatened her with harm and no one made death threats as the title of your article claims. Stop lying.

She is the one claiming she has been threatened...who is lying? :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 4:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

She is the one claiming she has been threatened...who is lying? :roll:

She specified the threats that were made which I posted. None had anything to do with harming her or threatening her life.

I'm going to have to conclude that you didn't read your own thread.

Who is lying? You are lying. Saying death threats were made is a lie, it is something that you made up.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

This is why I am trying to get the hell out of Texas. Gov. Abbott wants to ban anything he considers to be "un-Christian."

Example:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/3/20847447/unsolicited-dick-pics-texas-law-harassment

This law was never about combating harassment. It was entirely about legislating morality.

He won't legalize marijuana, and would bring back Prohibition if he could.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 8:38 am

Morality, yikes!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 9:11 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
... womens breasts, penises and vaginas are what get covered up. There's obviously a reason for that. I think it's silly to pretend otherwise.
For some women, I imaging that physical support and comfort are more of a consideration than submitting to some puritanical prude's idea of "decency".  As for covering up the genital-anal area, there may be some issues of sanitation involved (i.e., "skid-marks", et cetera).
So you're saying there is a sanitation issue involved with nudist colonies, beaches and saunas etc?  How often does the health department get involved with that.  Do they go to such places to inspect for skid-marks etc?
The phrase I meant was "personal hygiene", not "sanitation", but you bring up a valid point.  How often does the local health department go in to nudist colonies and take swab-samples of chairs, benches, couches and so forth?  It might be worth looking into.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 9:43 am

If someone wants to go topless, I don't really care. In situations like sun bathing it could even make a bit of sense, regarding tan lines and heat.

I would ask who here has breasts? Breasts flop... participating in an activity will activate the flopping. Flopping is no fun and can cause soreness... given the choice, I'd rather have the sweat beads. I would challenge the woman only to admit that she wanted the attention. If she said she wanted the attention in a state where toplessness is legal, I would consider her to be a person of integrity. To use the excuse that the heat overcame her, so she flopped around is hardly believable in my own personal experience as a female.

If she's flat chested, I could buy the heat thing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
... womens breasts, penises and vaginas are what get covered up. There's obviously a reason for that. I think it's silly to pretend otherwise.
For some women, I imaging that physical support and comfort are more of a consideration than submitting to some puritanical prude's idea of "decency".  As for covering up the genital-anal area, there may be some issues of sanitation involved (i.e., "skid-marks", et cetera).
So you're saying there is a sanitation issue involved with nudist colonies, beaches and saunas etc?  How often does the health department get involved with that.  Do they go to such places to inspect for skid-marks etc?
The phrase I meant was "personal hygiene", not "sanitation", but you bring up a valid point.  How often does the local health department go in to nudist colonies and take swab-samples of chairs, benches, couches and so forth?  It might be worth looking into.

After this one thing is for sure. I will never visit one of those places now. :eew:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 5:54 pm

I've never been to a nudist colony myself----but I'm sure the people in them take baths and showers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've never been to a nudist colony myself----but I'm sure the people in them take baths and showers.

I am sure they bathe, but I think the point about sanitary us since there are no skivvies or anything to act as a barrier when sitting down so a waiting room chair might still have as many germs as a public toilet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:43 am

EzraS wrote:
Who is lying? You are lying. Saying death threats were made is a lie, it is something that you made up.

Others have already said it...a male threatening a female online is physical intimidation.

I'll repeat the use of the term "liberal scum" because she exercised the right to go topless on her own property means she will probably have sleep problems worrying about a right wing nutjob peppering her house with bullets.

We already know right wingers don't like black kids playing in their front yard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD_wyHS3xZc

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Others have already said it...a male threatening a female online is physical intimidation.

I'll repeat the use of the term "liberal scum" because she exercised the right to go topless on her own property means she will probably have sleep problems worrying about a right wing nutjob peppering her house with bullets.

No one made death treats against her. You made that up. You lied.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
A threat is a threat.....I feel like a threat to harm is just about equivalent to a death threat.

Only a nut would get his/herself wound up over somebody playing frisbee topless. I would tell the person to get a friggin' life.

Good point.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:16 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No one made death treats against her. You made that up. You lied.

How do you know the nature of the threats weren't insinuating harm? as usual bending over backwards to defend vile right wing trolls