Women given death threats over playing frisbee

Page 6 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Who is lying? You are lying. Saying death threats were made is a lie, it is something that you made up.

Others have already said it...a male threatening a female online is physical intimidation.

I'll repeat the use of the term "liberal scum" because she exercised the right to go topless on her own property means she will probably have sleep problems worrying about a right wing nutjob peppering her house with bullets.

We already know right wingers don't like black kids playing in their front yard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD_wyHS3xZc

No one made death treats against her. You made that up. You lied.

How do you know the nature of the threats weren't insinuating harm? as usual bending over backwards to defend vile right wing trolls

Effie Krokos specified the wording of what was said to her. I heard her talking about what was said to her in a televised interview. That is how I know.

You on the other hand lied about her receiving death treats.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:31 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Who is lying? You are lying. Saying death threats were made is a lie, it is something that you made up.

Others have already said it...a male threatening a female online is physical intimidation.

I'll repeat the use of the term "liberal scum" because she exercised the right to go topless on her own property means she will probably have sleep problems worrying about a right wing nutjob peppering her house with bullets.

How do you know the nature of the threats weren't insinuating harm? as usual bending over backwards to defend vile right wing trolls

Effie Krokos specified the wording of what was said to her. I heard her talking about what was said to her in a televised interview. That is how I know.

You're taking the discussion off topic. Let's talk about what kind of nutcase would threaten a woman because she unthinkingly played frisbee in her backyard with her shirt off. That would make for a much more productive conversation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 2:38 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're taking the discussion off topic. Let's talk about what kind of nutcase would threaten a woman because she unthinkingly played frisbee in her backyard with her shirt off. That would make for a much more productive conversation.

The title of this thread is "woman given death threats over playing frisbee" and I am pointing out that is a lie, which is obviously completely on topic.

The title of the news article cyberdad posted is:

" A US woman charged with indecent A US woman charged with indecent exposure for playing frisbee topless has been awarded a $US50,000 ($A73,000) settlement. for playing frisbee topless has been awarded a $US50,000 ($A73,000) settlement."

Which is really primarily what the actual story and subject is about. New laws and unprecedented large sum awards being given over a citation.

cyberdad obviously wanted to make it about "violent conservative white males making death threats to woman" which resulted in him lying.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Nov 2019, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 2:48 am

I tried to see if I could find a picture of what her yard looked like.

I wouldn't be topless, but if I were and someone reported me, I would be very anxious to know how they had seen me.

She wasn't running down the road. Did she have a privacy fence? I realize that one wouldn't be necessary with the law that was passed, but it would be interesting to know if the neighbor had to break their neck to see the woman. Or peek

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 2:58 am

This is Effie Krokos, in her front yard (presumably), detaling her experience.

People make stupid calls to the police and 911 all the time. People make stupid comments on social meadia 24/7. Neither of those issues are really the actual issue.

The actual issue is the police issuing Effie Krokos a citation she did not deserve, due to a new law they were unaware of, which resulted in her receiving a very large sum of money.

And the whole thing basically being a big victory for "Free The Nipple".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 3:39 am

EzraS wrote:

" A US woman charged with indecent A US woman charged with indecent exposure for playing frisbee topless has been awarded a $US50,000 ($A73,000) settlement. for playing frisbee topless has been awarded a $US50,000 ($A73,000) settlement."

Which is really primarily what the actual story and subject is about. New laws and unprecedented large sum awards being given over a citation.

cyberdad obviously wanted to make it about "violent conservative white males making death threats to woman" which resulted in him lying.

The article mentioned many things including what you are harping on about. That doesn't change the following things

- the neighbor was ignorant that Krokos wasn't breaking the law
- the police officer (Harris) did not correctly understand or was trained to deal with such cases and mishandled it
- She decided to file a formal complaint after receiving the citation, which turned into a large settlement after the charge was dropped by the city.
- After name was in the news Ms Krokos told CBS 4 that people had threatened her over the past couple of months, with some calling her “liberal scum”.

There's no pretending this never happened....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 4:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The article mentioned many things including what you are harping on about.

What I've been harping about is you lying. And the only reason why that's resulted in harping is because you keep trying to worm your way out of the fact that you made something up, that you lied.

What does is say about a man's character and credibility when first he lies and then makes numerous atrempts worm his way out of it?

My harping would have stoped the minute you displayed integrity by admitting the title of this thead and the information it conveys is false.

cyberdad wrote:

No there's not, yet you keep trying.

cyberdad wrote:
- the neighbor was ignorant that Krokos wasn't breaking the law
- the police officer (Harris) did not correctly understand or was trained to deal with such cases and mishandled it
- She decided to file a formal complaint after receiving the citation, which turned into a large settlement after the charge was dropped by the city.
- After name was in the news Ms Krokos told CBS 4 that people had threatened her over the past couple of months, with some calling her “liberal scum”.

I already adressed all that in this thread, which you appearntly did not read all the way through.

Haven't you figured out by now that when you wing it, it's quite obvious that you are winging it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 7:13 am

The neighbor could be some angry old hag.....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 7:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The neighbor who called the police could be a 15 year old Muslim girl. Or a gay autistic10 year old. Or a zillion other combinations of age, gender, race, religion, political affiliation etc.

What that neighbor did got Effie Krokos Fifty Thousand Dollars.

If a neighbor of mine called the cops on me for whatever reason, which lead to me getting a citation, crank messages and then FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS, I'd give that neighbor a thank you card with a $500 giftcard inside it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 8:31 am

She got lucky....

Sort of makes up for all the threats.

She wasn’t being immoral.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 8:37 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The neighbor who called the police could be a 15 year old Muslim girl. Or a gay autistic10 year old. Or a zillion other combinations of age, gender, race, religion, political affiliation etc.

If a neighbor of mine called the cops on me for whatever reason, which lead to me getting a citation, crank messages and then FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS, I'd give that neighbor a thank you card with a $500 giftcard inside it.

Don't forget as thanks for the crank calls, thank the neighbor by putting a message on your voicemail that says "....And if you are calling me about a photo opportunity, please call my agent at _______(put neighbor's phone number in the blank)."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 8:50 am

People just have to accept a little eccentricity. They can’t just stamp it out by calling the cops.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
She got lucky....

Sort of makes up for all the threats.

She wasn’t being immoral.

What was the theat again? "Tell me where you live so I can take a picture of you in front of your house"?

I'm sure the FBI in in the process tracking down that person as we speak.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 9:20 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Don't forget as thanks for the crank calls, thank the neighbor by putting a message on your voicemail that says "....And if you are calling me about a photo opportunity, please call my agent at _______(put neighbor's phone number in the blank)."

The neighbor didn't have anything to do with the crank messages. Effie Krokos going public with her situation is what lead to that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 9:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
People just have to accept a little eccentricity. They can’t just stamp it out by calling the cops.

Since you're so bothered by that call, you probably shouldn't look up 'stupid 911 calls'. It might keep you up at night.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 9:43 am

I have to wonder ... what exactly powers this mysterious nipple ray that turns men's minds to mush and threatens the moral fiber of our nation?

:scratch:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.