Page 10 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

We know plenty of Republican politicians criticize Trump privately but not publicly because those Democrats and "never Trumper" Republicans have reported as such. It stands to reason they're fearful of being voted out of office for fear of losing their jobs to fanatical Trump supporters. These are men and women versed in how the government is supposed to work, but are morally too weak to stand up in front of the cameras.

So how are they keeping what is apparently public knowledge away from Trump and his fanatical supporters?

Not public knowledge, but the Republicans in the senate and congress, as well as state legislatures and state houses, can and do talk to Democrats they're friendly with. They tell the Dems how Trump is a subnormal idiot, how he's a liar, a racist, how he's betrayed conservative principles, not to mention that he and his family are as corrupt as hell and are enriching themselves through the White House. But they're afraid to speak out for fear that they'll be voted out by the Trump cult. The Dems, without usually naming names, talk in interviews about this, as do those few brave Republicans who can no longer remain silent.

If it's not public knowledge then how do you know about it?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 9:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

We know plenty of Republican politicians criticize Trump privately but not publicly because those Democrats and "never Trumper" Republicans have reported as such. It stands to reason they're fearful of being voted out of office for fear of losing their jobs to fanatical Trump supporters. These are men and women versed in how the government is supposed to work, but are morally too weak to stand up in front of the cameras.

So how are they keeping what is apparently public knowledge away from Trump and his fanatical supporters?

Not public knowledge, but the Republicans in the senate and congress, as well as state legislatures and state houses, can and do talk to Democrats they're friendly with. They tell the Dems how Trump is a subnormal idiot, how he's a liar, a racist, how he's betrayed conservative principles, not to mention that he and his family are as corrupt as hell and are enriching themselves through the White House. But they're afraid to speak out for fear that they'll be voted out by the Trump cult. The Dems, without usually naming names, talk in interviews about this, as do those few brave Republicans who can no longer remain silent.

If it's not public knowledge then how do you know about it?

(Sigh) I mentioned in my post how Democrats and Anti-Trump Republicans have spoken in interviews about lily livered Republicans who despise Trump but are too frightened of the Orange Messiah's worshipers to say it in public.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 9:41 pm

I already said rumors. I thought you were putting up an argument against that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 10:17 pm

EzraS wrote:

So you think republican dim wits who believe rumours about Obama/Hillary/Brietbart related conspiracies get a free pass but democrats need to be held to a different level of accountability?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 12:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So you think republican dim wits who believe rumours about Obama/Hillary/Brietbart related conspiracies get a free pass but democrats need to be held to a different level of accountability?

The reason you're getting pushback like this from Ezra is he's trying to prove his thesis that the Republicans and Trump are no worse than the Democrats and Obama, and by posting information like this you're disrupting his efforts. He has no choice but to challenge it. And of course, he must give Republicans a pass because in truth the Republicans are much worse.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 1:31 am

beneficii wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The reason you're getting pushback like this from Ezra is he's trying to prove his thesis that the Republicans and Trump are no worse than the Democrats and Obama, and by posting information like this you're disrupting his efforts. He has no choice but to challenge it. And of course, he must give Republicans a pass because in truth the Republicans are much worse.

There's been a cycle of escalation in American politics. The Republican behavior under Trump has been worse than the Democratic behavior under Obama which was worse than the Republican behavior under Bush. I don't know how we break the cycle of escalation, but it desperately needs to happen.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 3:05 am

Antrax wrote:
beneficii wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

There's been a cycle of escalation in American politics. The Republican behavior under Trump has been worse than the Democratic behavior under Obama which was worse than the Republican behavior under Bush. I don't know how we break the cycle of escalation, but it desperately needs to happen.

I do see your point, in for example, how Obama utilized executive orders much more than Bush did, and Trump is turning around and escalating it still. Not sure how far you can take it or how generally you can apply it, though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 4:16 am

EzraS wrote:

What Cyberdad said.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 7:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I already addressed that earlier. But here is another democrats are just like republicans disclaimer. And should be held to the same standard. Even though democrats also say that democrats operate on a higher standard.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 9:48 am

beneficii wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Not quite. I have observed that a lot of what is said about one, has been said about the other.