Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 3:07 am

Donald Trump has become the third US president in history to be impeached by the House of Representatives, setting up a trial in the Senate that will decide whether he remains in office.
The House voted on two charges - that the president abused his power and that he had obstructed Congress.
Nearly all Democrats voted for the charges and every Republican against.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50840934

It passed by 230 votes to 197, almost completely on party lines. Only two Democrats opposed - New Jersey's Jeff Van Drew, who is set to leave the party, and Michigan's Collin Peterson.
The second charge is obstruction of Congress, because the president allegedly refused to co-operate with the impeachment inquiry, withholding documentary evidence and barring his key aides from giving evidence.
It passed by 229-198. Democrat Jared Golden of Maine voted for the first charge but opposed this.
No Republicans supported impeachment, although ex-party member Justin Amash, from Michigan, did.
Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard voted "present" on both charges - effectively an abstention. Two members were absent for personal reasons.
Being impeached places Donald Trump alongside only two other presidents in the nation's history - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 3:09 am

How Trump Plans To Spend His Time In Prison
https://socialnewsdaily.com/84760/how-t ... in-prison/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 7:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Donald Trump has become the third US president in history to be impeached by the House of Representatives, setting up a trial in the Senate that will decide whether he remains in office.
The House voted on two charges - that the president abused his power and that he had obstructed Congress.
Nearly all Democrats voted for the charges and every Republican against.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50840934

It passed by 230 votes to 197, almost completely on party lines. Only two Democrats opposed - New Jersey's Jeff Van Drew, who is set to leave the party, and Michigan's Collin Peterson.
The second charge is obstruction of Congress, because the president allegedly refused to co-operate with the impeachment inquiry, withholding documentary evidence and barring his key aides from giving evidence.
It passed by 229-198. Democrat Jared Golden of Maine voted for the first charge but opposed this.
No Republicans supported impeachment, although ex-party member Justin Amash, from Michigan, did.
Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard voted "present" on both charges - effectively an abstention. Two members were absent for personal reasons.
Being impeached places Donald Trump alongside only two other presidents in the nation's history - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

A correction: Collin Peterson is from Minnesota, not Michigan.

Last edited by Magna on 19 Dec 2019, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 7:41 am

Impeachment means NADA unless he is convicted by the Senate.

At this point, I would put the odds at 100 to 1 (at least) for conviction.

I wish this wasn’t so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 7:55 am

It means something if it keeps Trump from being reelected.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 8:16 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 8:32 am

:mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:03 am

EzraS wrote:
It already means something. It means that Donald J. Trump is no better than William J. Clinton. It also means that Barack Obama -- Nobel Prize winner, two-time Grammy Award winner, and Time Magazine Person of the Year winner -- was a much better president than Donald J. Trump could ever hope to be.

By the way ... Osama bin Laden is still dead and General Motors is still alive...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:24 am

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It already means something. It means that Donald J. Trump is no better than William J. Clinton. It also means that Barack Obama -- Nobel Prize winner, two-time Grammy Award winner, and Time Magazine Person of the Year winner -- was a much better president than Donald J. Trump could ever hope to be.

By the way ... Osama bin Laden is still dead and General Motors is still alive...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It also means he's gonna serve two terms, just like both of your examples.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:29 am

Persephone29 wrote:
It also means he's gonna serve two terms, just like both of your examples.
Evidence, please?

William Clinton was already in his second term when he was impeached, and Barack Obama was re-elected by both the Electoral College and the popular vote and never faced impeachment.  The only thing these two presidents have in common with Donald Trump is that they all used the same bathroom at the White House.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:31 am

Trump will likely win because of the weak democratic canidates,but I doubt the impeachment will factor in.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:32 am

TRE45ON!!

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:35 am

I wonder how well the trial will go, and what will happen next. :|

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:38 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
I wonder how well the trial will go, and what will happen next.
I'm betting even money on a same-day acquittal. 50 bucks will get me 100 if the Senate acquits Donald Trump within 24 hours of official receipt of the Letters of Impeachment.

It was hard to find someone who would take that bet, but there are some die-hard Democrats around here who are still celebrating yesterday's results.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:44 am

This is really about ignoring those democrat subpoenas. That really pissed them off.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 10:56 am

EzraS wrote:

Or helps him get reelected.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman