US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad

Page 3 of 23 [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In decision not being reversed does not prove the original decision was not impulsive.
Maybe the decision to call off the earlier attack on Iran was impulsive.

We will have to agree to disagree. <shrug>

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:30 am

beneficii wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Cenk won't call out Israel.

They are already allies because of the US's actions since 2003.

What people need to be concerned with is what Iran do to retaliate. They are crazy enough to take the world down with them. So is Israel.

And so are the dispensationalists that have dominated our foreign and military policy for a long time. Cenk discusses their end times beliefs and how their application in foreign policy puts us all in danger:

Right. He's blaming it on Christians. The guy is a shill and a scumbag. It's Israel.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:31 am

beneficii wrote:
Quote:
I'd listen to the Sunday Wire if I was you. And keep up with Ryan Dawson (disclaimer to mod, I'm not endorsing every word he says) who predicted this last Spring as there was an 8 point plan from John Bolton was was part of the Israel Working Group set up in 2017.

Thanks for the recommendation!

That's ok. Seriously I wouldn't waste time with TYT.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:36 am

jimmy m wrote:
What is an Iranian general doing in Iraq?

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHAT THE F**K WAS A US DRONE DOING IN IRAQ?

Read the thread. Iran and Iraq are military allies fighting Al Qaeda. The US support Al Qaeda.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 8:35 am

JohnPowell wrote:

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHAT THE F**K WAS A US DRONE DOING IN IRAQ?

I'm sure there are many drones in Iraq but probably not many used to kill Iranian generals,I'm sure drones kill people in Iraq from time to time.Most are just small time enemy combatants that never make the news.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 10:25 am

Does anyone know the odds of a random 19 year old from Iowa(me)getting drafted into a potential war? This is kind of scaring me.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 10:29 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Does anyone know the odds of a random 19 year old from Iowa(me)getting drafted into a potential war? This is kind of scaring me.
Not likely,we don't even know if there is going to be a war or not.I woudn't worry about it.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 10:30 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:

That depends on if you have any significant health related issues that for example prevent you from safely handle a firearm.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 10:53 am

JohnPowell wrote:
The US support Al Qaeda.

That is a very strange statement. Source???

According to Wikipedia:

Al-Qaeda (/ælˈkaɪdə, ˌælkɑːˈiːdə/; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-Qāʿidah, IPA: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base", "The Foundation" or "The Database", alternatively spelled al-Qaida and al-Qa'ida) is a militant Sunni Islamist multi-national organization founded in 1988 by Osama bin Laden, Abdullah Azzam, and several other Arab volunteers during the Soviet–Afghan War.

Al-Qaeda members believe in a conviction that a Christian–Jewish alliance is conspiring to destroy Islam. As Salafist jihadists, members of al-Qaeda believe that the killing of non-combatants is religiously sanctioned. This belief ignores the aspects of religious scripture which forbid the murder of non-combatants and internecine fighting. Al-Qaeda also opposes what it regards as man-made laws, and wants to replace them with a strict form of sharia law. Al-Qaeda's leaders regard liberal Muslims, Shias, Sufis and other sects as heretical and its members and sympathizers have attacked their mosques and gatherings.

Al-Qaeda has carried out a total of six major attacks, four of them in its jihad against America. In each case the leadership planned the attack years in advance, arranging for the shipment of weapons and explosives and using its businesses to provide operatives with safehouses and false identities. [One of the most critical was the 9/11 attack on New York and Washington D.C.]

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 11:29 am

Pepe wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
World War III, Civil War II, Korean War II, Cold War II, war is trending, tensions are rising, and things are heating up.
Yep. It's time to sit back and grab the slurpee and the popcorn because things are probably going to get ugly.

I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt that.
But if you turn out to be right,
You win...err. :hmph: :mrgreen:

I have been through more imminent apocalypses than you can poke a stick at, in my lifetime.
I'll believe it when it happens.
Call it: "End of the World Fatigue." :mrgreen:

I feel that. I'm having times where I feel like I should be afraid, but the fear emotion has been numbed out of my system. The best I can get to is startled and then bored $#!%less afterwards. I'm more terrified of being murdered by a family member than the world coming to an end.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 11:29 am

It would have been pointless to run it by Congress, not to mention time consuming. Congress would shoot down anything Trump wanted to do and they would have absolutely no problem allowing the employees and delegates at the US embassy die. Who cares about the few!? It's the many Congress has their eyes on.

Obama delivered something like 1.7 Billion dollars to Iran in the middle of the night. The nuclear agreement drawn up imperiled Israel. Obama hated Israel, as does Iran.

No Benghazi's on Republican watch!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 12:18 pm

I saw a meme that suggested trump supporters cheering on war with Iran join the army. I think that’s a pretty good suggestion - if you think this is a war the USA should be getting into, enlist & go fight it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 12:20 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
It would have been pointless to run it by Congress, not to mention time consuming. Congress would shoot down anything Trump wanted to do and they would have absolutely no problem allowing the employees and delegates at the US embassy die. Who cares about the few!? It's the many Congress has their eyes on.

Obama delivered something like 1.7 Billion dollars to Iran in the middle of the night. The nuclear agreement drawn up imperiled Israel. Obama hated Israel, as does Iran.

You mean Congress would have slowed things down a little in order to consider the consequences & what comes next.

Obama released Iran’s own money back to them that was frozen due to sanctions. He didn’t give them American tax dollars.

That nuclear agreement provided stability. Now the world is at the whim of trump’s impulses.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 2:50 pm

And the solution is to leave an ally alone against Iran? I could see you doing that. You'd be fine if Iran blew Israel off the map.

How long do you think the people in our Embassy had? Iran doesn't exactly have a history of mercy.

Relax, nobody wants Canada. You're safe.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

You mean Congress would have slowed things down a little in order to consider the consequences & what comes next.

Obama released Iran’s own money back to them that was frozen due to sanctions. He didn’t give them American tax dollars.

That nuclear agreement provided stability. Now the world is at the whim of trump’s impulses.

Stability for whom? Not Israel, I can assure you. But, Canada is notoriously anti-Israel.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:38 pm

why should anyone care about israel, more than any other country?
i like the people but i don't want my tax $$ going there

CubsBullsBears wrote:

very unlikely that there will ever be a need for another draft, you can "thank" america's monstrously bloated military budget for that. also not saying this to be mean but the average adolescent from iowa is pretty likely to be overweight and generally unfit (iowa has the 4th highest obesity rate) + you are autistic and i think that's still a disqualification, at least now...
unless they lower the requirements

"religion of peace" is a catch phrase by your stooge bush to stop your s**t kind of shooting Indian corner shop owners thinking they're muslims
islam can be best described as religion of justice
with your s**t kind on our beautiful earth, peace was never an option

-iraqi to an american poster on 4chan today

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.