Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 5:31 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pepe wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Trump tweeted an American flag as an American airstrike killed Iranian General Qassim Soleimani at Baghdad International Airport. This appeared to be in retaliation for a siege by protesters of the US Embassy in Baghdad:

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

Of course, this all goes back to Trump reneging on our nuclear agreement with Iran.

And I'm kinda curious as to what an Iranian general was doing in Baghdad. :?

This isn't about women's rights. Trump is Israel's little pet pig.

Israel openly says it wants the US to fight Iran and Americans to die for Israel so they don't have to.

https://twitter.com/AWAKEALERT/status/1 ... 48576?s=20
What does Israel expect to come out of this? Do they want WW3 to start?

Are you saying that ww3 seems more likely to happen than the civil war I keep hearing about?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 5:32 pm

What kind of a person was Qasem Soleimoni?

If he was mostly a pretty decent guy, then why would Trump, of all people, would order the US to do something as unthinkable as this?! ! 8O I thought, all this time, that Trump is "all bark and no bite"! :(

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 5:57 pm

World War III, Civil War II, Korean War II, Cold War II, war is trending, tensions are rising, and things are heating up.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:06 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pepe wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Trump tweeted an American flag as an American airstrike killed Iranian General Qassim Soleimani at Baghdad International Airport. This appeared to be in retaliation for a siege by protesters of the US Embassy in Baghdad:

Of course, this all goes back to Trump reneging on our nuclear agreement with Iran.

Israel openly says it wants the US to fight Iran and Americans to die for Israel so they don't have to.

Are you saying that ww3 seems more likely to happen than the civil war I keep hearing about?
I don't know what's going to happen. I just think if Israel really does want a attack on Iran, They should do it. WW3 will be the death of the 1st world.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:09 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
World War III, Civil War II, Korean War II, Cold War II, war is trending, tensions are rising, and things are heating up.
Yep. It's time to sit back and grab the slurpee and the popcorn because things are probably going to get ugly.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 6:25 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

How long do I have to secure the perimeter of my residence?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 7:29 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
What kind of a person was Qasem Soleimoni?

If he was mostly a pretty decent guy, then why would Trump, of all people, would order the US to do something as unthinkable as this?! ! 8O I thought, all this time, that Trump is "all bark and no bite"! :(

take whatever the media says about him, and flip it on it's head.

100% of iranians i've met were awesome people.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 7:40 pm

I've never wished Qasem Soleimoni dead, but I have read of his demise with some slight degree of schadenfreude.

Other than that, 99.99999% of the Iranians/Persians I've met were awesome people.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 7:50 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump most likely did this on impulse.

I'd be surprised if he did.
Trump demonstrably doesn't want to get involved with prolonged "Police Action" and wars,
And has drawn back previously action against Iran (The retaliation of the drone downing) and extricated America in the Middle East, as examples.

My best guess is that he equates long term military action with draining/weakening the non-military economy.
He is a businessman, after all, remember.
I didn't say he was a good one. :mrgreen:

Iran Leader Khamenei Taunted Trump New Year’s Day, Claimed “You Can’t Do Anything”
Quote:
Just a day prior to President Trump ordering airstrikes that killed Iranian top general Soleimani, Iranian dictator Ayatollah Khamenei taunted President Trump, writing:

That guy has tweeted that we see Iran responsible for the events in Baghdad & we will respond to Iran.
1st: You can’t do anything.
2nd: If you were logical —which you’re not— you’d see that your crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan… have made nations hate you.

Not even two days later, President Trump ordered airstrikes that killed Iran’s top general Solemani.

Umm,
"Not even two days later" doesn't support "impulse",
In my book, at least.

Yes, I know it takes time to set up an assassination.
But that time does allow for the reconsidering of that decision,
As was the case involving the downed American drone.

I suspect the tweet taunt was simply an excuse that tipped the balance in regards to action.
I suspect there had been something in the wings for some time. :shrug:

Pretty dumb move on Iran's part, in hindsight.

Moral of the story:
Don't do a: "Ner, ner ner ner, ner",
At Trump. :mrgreen:

And I think that was the actual message to others/everyone. :wink:
The same applies to Putin's obvious assassination operation with radioactive material.
It was an explicit message not to mess with the Vlad. 8O

If true,
A bit worrying that "The Donald" is taking lessons from "The Vlad". 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
I've never wished Qasem Soleimoni dead, but I have read of his demise with some slight degree of schadenfreude.

Other than that, 99.99999% of the Iranians/Persians I've met were awesome people.

What is the matter with you, moit?
Why the effluence of Political Correctness all of a sudden?
Are you sick or wounded,
Huddling in a foxhole?

Dude,
You are leaving me moightly exposed now. 8O

Look on the bright side,
There is always another miscreant to take his place. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:05 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

In other words: "Things are Normal". :mrgreen:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:13 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pepe wrote:
beneficii wrote:

They want their enemies to be destroyed. They don't care what happens next and never do.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:16 pm

Iran are in Iraq cause they are now military allies. You know the same neocon psychopaths who are cheering Trump on? They are the same ones who pushed and cheered the Iraq war, you know the one that turned Iraq and Iran from enemies into allies?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:29 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Iran are in Iraq cause they are now military allies. You know the same neocon psychopaths who are cheering Trump on? They are the same ones who pushed and cheered the Iraq war, you know the one that turned Iraq and Iran from enemies into allies?

You might have a point there. Cenk here mentioned how much our actions a week ago made Iraq angry at us, as well as Iran. The Iraqi Prime Minister said that all the people who were killed in our airstrike a week ago were martyrs. And Kata'ib Hezbollah, who we went after and bombed just now when we killed the Iranian general, is actually recognized by the Iraqi government and it was originally formed to fight ISIS. So we may have just driven Iraq onto Iran's side.

Cenk's segment starts at 2:04 on the video:

When I saw this video, I realized we are getting ourselves in a pretty big mess.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm

Cenk won't call out Israel.

They are already allies because of the US's actions since 2003.

What people need to be concerned with is what Iran do to retaliate. They are crazy enough to take the world down with them. So is Israel.

I'd listen to the Sunday Wire if I was you. And keep up with Ryan Dawson (disclaimer to mod, I'm not endorsing every word he says) who predicted this last Spring as there was an 8 point plan from John Bolton was was part of the Israel Working Group set up in 2017.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Cenk won't call out Israel.

They are already allies because of the US's actions since 2003.

What people need to be concerned with is what Iran do to retaliate. They are crazy enough to take the world down with them. So is Israel.

And so are the dispensationalists that have dominated our foreign and military policy for a long time. Cenk discusses their end times beliefs and how their application in foreign policy puts us all in danger: