US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad

Page 2 of 23 [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Cenk won't call out Israel.

They are already allies because of the US's actions since 2003.

What people need to be concerned with is what Iran do to retaliate. They are crazy enough to take the world down with them. So is Israel.

And so are the dispensationalists that have dominated our foreign and military policy for a long time. Cenk discusses their end times beliefs and how their application in foreign policy puts us all in danger:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:46 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
What kind of a person was Qasem Soleimoni?

If he was mostly a pretty decent guy, then why would Trump, of all people, would order the US to do something as unthinkable as this?! ! 8O I thought, all this time, that Trump is "all bark and no bite"! :(

he was head of the Iranian special forces, so he almost certainly was not a decent guy.
But have you listened to the American drone pilots talk while shooting at people in Iraq? the videos that Asange is in jail for? - American drone pilot slang for "children" is "fun sized terrorist". It's as if it was a dialogue straight from Apocalypse now.

I don't think decency is part of any consideration.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pepe wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Trump tweeted an American flag as an American airstrike killed Iranian General Qassim Soleimani at Baghdad International Airport. This appeared to be in retaliation for a siege by protesters of the US Embassy in Baghdad:

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

Of course, this all goes back to Trump reneging on our nuclear agreement with Iran.

And I'm kinda curious as to what an Iranian general was doing in Baghdad. :?

This isn't about women's rights. Trump is Israel's little pet pig.

Israel openly says it wants the US to fight Iran and Americans to die for Israel so they don't have to.

https://twitter.com/AWAKEALERT/status/1 ... 48576?s=20
What does Israel expect to come out of this? Do they want WW3 to start?

Mate,
You messed up the quoting system.
I didn't write what it said in your post.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

Quote:
I'd listen to the Sunday Wire if I was you. And keep up with Ryan Dawson (disclaimer to mod, I'm not endorsing every word he says) who predicted this last Spring as there was an 8 point plan from John Bolton was was part of the Israel Working Group set up in 2017.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:55 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
World War III, Civil War II, Korean War II, Cold War II, war is trending, tensions are rising, and things are heating up.
Yep. It's time to sit back and grab the slurpee and the popcorn because things are probably going to get ugly.

I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt that.
But if you turn out to be right,
You win...err. :hmph: :mrgreen:

I have been through more imminent apocalypses than you can poke a stick at, in my lifetime.
I'll believe it when it happens.
Call it: "End of the World Fatigue." :mrgreen:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:57 pm

Trump tweeted in 2011 that "Obama was trying to start a war with Iran to win an election".

Oh dear Donald. That tweet will come back like the ghost of Jacob Marlowe to haunt you...

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/3/21048155/t ... ran-tweets

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:59 pm

B19 wrote:
Trump tweeted in 2011 that "Obama was trying to start a war with Iran to win an election".

Oh dear Donald. That tweet will come back like the ghost of Jacob Marlowe to haunt you...

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/3/21048155/t ... ran-tweets

Classical projection by Trump.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm

"... if Trump’s comments about the political expediency of starting a war in an election year represent another instance of his tendency to project his own shortcomings on others, then American foreign policy just entered a dangerous new phase.

At the very least, you would think someone who not only campaigned on bringing American troops home, but also warned against starting a war with Iran in an election year, would be wary of doing just that."

I am inclined to think that the dangerous new phase has begun. The cheeseburger lunatic in the White House is losing it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 10:07 pm

beneficii wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Iran are in Iraq cause they are now military allies. You know the same neocon psychopaths who are cheering Trump on? They are the same ones who pushed and cheered the Iraq war, you know the one that turned Iraq and Iran from enemies into allies?

You might have a point there. Cenk here mentioned how much our actions a week ago made Iraq angry at us, as well as Iran. The Iraqi Prime Minister said that all the people who were killed in our airstrike a week ago were martyrs. And Kata'ib Hezbollah, who we went after and bombed just now when we killed the Iranian general, is actually recognized by the Iraqi government and it was originally formed to fight ISIS. So we may have just driven Iraq onto Iran's side.

Cenk's segment starts at 2:04 on the video:

When I saw this video, I realized we are getting ourselves in a pretty big mess.

We can thank Bush junior for the mess in Iraq and the establishment of the ISIS abomination.
His dad was too smart to invade the country (if memory serves me correctly).

A bigger mess than Trump, so far.
But no,
I am not defending the Trumpinator.
Just making observations. :mrgreen:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 10:56 pm

What is an Iranian general doing in Iraq?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 12:14 am

jimmy m wrote:

I don't know.

A strange joke there.
Tell me the punchline.
I'm all ears.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 1:27 am

i found a picture of his corpse.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 1:28 am

WW III is going to break out, now. What a way to start a new decade.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 2:06 am

aux bellicistes, je dis "putain de dieu vous tous".

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:33 am

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump most likely did this on impulse.

I'd be surprised if he did.
Trump demonstrably doesn't want to get involved with prolonged "Police Action" and wars,
And has drawn back previously action against Iran (The retaliation of the drone downing) and extricated America in the Middle East, as examples.

My best guess is that he equates long term military action with draining/weakening the non-military economy.
He is a businessman, after all, remember.
I didn't say he was a good one. :mrgreen:

Iran Leader Khamenei Taunted Trump New Year’s Day, Claimed “You Can’t Do Anything”
Quote:
Just a day prior to President Trump ordering airstrikes that killed Iranian top general Soleimani, Iranian dictator Ayatollah Khamenei taunted President Trump, writing:

That guy has tweeted that we see Iran responsible for the events in Baghdad & we will respond to Iran.
1st: You can’t do anything.
2nd: If you were logical —which you’re not— you’d see that your crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan… have made nations hate you.

Not even two days later, President Trump ordered airstrikes that killed Iran’s top general Solemani.

Umm,
"Not even two days later" doesn't support "impulse",
In my book, at least.

Yes, I know it takes time to set up an assassination.
But that time does allow for the reconsidering of that decision,
As was the case involving the downed American drone.

I suspect the tweet taunt was simply an excuse that tipped the balance in regards to action.
I suspect there had been something in the wings for some time. :shrug:

Pretty dumb move on Iran's part, in hindsight.

In decision not being reversed does not prove the original decision was not impulsive.
Maybe the decision to call off the earlier attack on Iran was impulsive.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In decision not being reversed does not prove the original decision was not impulsive.
Maybe the decision to call off the earlier attack on Iran was impulsive.

We will have to agree to disagree. <shrug>