US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad

Page 5 of 24 [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2020, 4:38 pm

why should anyone care about israel, more than any other country?
i like the people but i don't want my tax $$ going there

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Does anyone know the odds of a random 19 year old from Iowa(me)getting drafted into a potential war? This is kind of scaring me.

very unlikely that there will ever be a need for another draft, you can "thank" america's monstrously bloated military budget for that. also not saying this to be mean but the average adolescent from iowa is pretty likely to be overweight and generally unfit (iowa has the 4th highest obesity rate) + you are autistic and i think that's still a disqualification, at least now...
unless they lower the requirements

"religion of peace" is a catch phrase by your stooge bush to stop your s**t kind of shooting Indian corner shop owners thinking they're muslims
islam can be best described as religion of justice
with your s**t kind on our beautiful earth, peace was never an option

-iraqi to an american poster on 4chan today

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...

BERNIE 2020 - cause it's not red vs. blue, it's 1% vs. you

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
why should anyone care about israel, more than any other country?
i like the people but i don't want my tax $$ going there

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Does anyone know the odds of a random 19 year old from Iowa(me)getting drafted into a potential war? This is kind of scaring me.

very unlikely that there will ever be a need for another draft, you can "thank" america's monstrously bloated military budget for that. also not saying this to be mean but the average adolescent from iowa is pretty likely to be overweight and generally unfit (iowa has the 4th highest obesity rate) + you are autistic and i think that's still a disqualification, at least now...
unless they lower the requirements

I think that the obesity part is irrelevant. Infact, I think most drill instructors have more fun with the fat recruits, because it means working them harder to get the weight down. I had asked if any problems caused an inability to safely handle a firearm as being the biggest disqualifier or others like impaired ability to drive safely, etc.

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2020, 4:48 pm

well sure, it depends on whether we're talking about a 27 BMI or a 47.

but either way i think he has little to worry about...i get it though

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...

BERNIE 2020 - cause it's not red vs. blue, it's 1% vs. you

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:49 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm more terrified of being murdered by a family member than the world coming to an end.

Who isn't? :mrgreen:

Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:50 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHAT THE F**K WAS A US DRONE DOING IN IRAQ?

I'm sure there are many drones in Iraq but probably not many used to kill Iranian generals,I'm sure drones kill people in Iraq from time to time.Most are just small time enemy combatants that never make the news.

Lol. Did you miss my point? The US has ZERO right to be in Iraq.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:54 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:

Way too early to start shitting yourself about that.
I felt the same way about the Vietnam war conscription.
I know where you are coming from. :wink:

"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:55 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:

Most people, especially of draft age, are on the lighter side of obesity, though an attempt to draft someone with a 67 BMI could be relatively entertaining if they were being transported to the base on a crane or tractor trailer or something like that because they were too wide to fit in a regular car.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:58 pm

jimmy m wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The US support Al Qaeda.

That is a very strange statement. Source???

According to Wikipedia:

Al-Qaeda (/ælˈkaɪdə, ˌælkɑːˈiːdə/; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-Qāʿidah, IPA: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base", "The Foundation" or "The Database", alternatively spelled al-Qaida and al-Qa'ida) is a militant Sunni Islamist multi-national organization founded in 1988 by Osama bin Laden, Abdullah Azzam, and several other Arab volunteers during the Soviet–Afghan War.

Al-Qaeda members believe in a conviction that a Christian–Jewish alliance is conspiring to destroy Islam. As Salafist jihadists, members of al-Qaeda believe that the killing of non-combatants is religiously sanctioned. This belief ignores the aspects of religious scripture which forbid the murder of non-combatants and internecine fighting. Al-Qaeda also opposes what it regards as man-made laws, and wants to replace them with a strict form of sharia law. Al-Qaeda's leaders regard liberal Muslims, Shias, Sufis and other sects as heretical and its members and sympathizers have attacked their mosques and gatherings.

Al-Qaeda has carried out a total of six major attacks, four of them in its jihad against America. In each case the leadership planned the attack years in advance, arranging for the shipment of weapons and explosives and using its businesses to provide operatives with safehouses and false identities. [One of the most critical was the 9/11 attack on New York and Washington D.C.]

The US intelligence agencies were helping Al Qaeda move around the country before 9/11. The US supported Al Qaeda to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. The US supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya. Who do you think those 'moderate rebels' driving around the country in tanks with assault rifles screaming "Alahu akbar!" In Tripoli going on to chop off heads and sodomize Gadaffi with a knife? WHO do you think those 'moderate rebels' in Syria were running around chopping off the head's of priests and eating the hearts of soldiers they killed? Get a grip and wake the hell up.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:02 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
It would have been pointless to run it by Congress, not to mention time consuming. Congress would shoot down anything Trump wanted to do and they would have absolutely no problem allowing the employees and delegates at the US embassy die. Who cares about the few!? It's the many Congress has their eyes on.

Obama delivered something like 1.7 Billion dollars to Iran in the middle of the night. The nuclear agreement drawn up imperiled Israel. Obama hated Israel, as does Iran.

No Benghazi's on Republican watch!

It wasn't "given to Iran". It was IRAN's money. The US gives Israel $10 million a day out of YOUR money while Americans decompose on the streets. And what does Israel give you in return? NOTHING. Just more demands and Americans to go and kill brown people and die and go back home in wheelchairs or go home and kill themselves. F**k Israel.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
And the solution is to leave an ally alone against Iran? I could see you doing that. You'd be fine if Iran blew Israel off the map.

How long do you think the people in our Embassy had? Iran doesn't exactly have a history of mercy.

Relax, nobody wants Canada. You're safe.

Alone? Iran is alone! Israel is allies with Saudi Arabia, the US, the UK, France. Israel has hundreds of nukes.

Iraqis were protesting at the Embassy because the US blew up their country AGAIN. Get the hell out of the Middle East. Have some damn shame.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm

Palestinians are alone. I'm sick of people making psychotic murderous bullies Israel are the victims.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:11 pm

Anyone interested in reality can read this. Get the Israel lobby and these twisted neocons out of America or you are DONE.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/01/03/v ... e-on-iran/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:14 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

Most people, especially of draft age, are on the lighter side of obesity, though an attempt to draft someone with a 67 BMI could be relatively entertaining if they were being transported to the base on a crane or tractor trailer or something like that because they were too wide to fit in a regular car.

I think we found the solution:
A Big Mac a minute will keep you from the draft.
A Big Mac a minute will save your life.
Not so daft, eh? :mrgreen:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 5:42 pm

Pepe wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

I think we found the solution:
A Big Mac a minute will keep you from the draft.
A Big Mac a minute will save your life.
Not so daft, eh? :mrgreen:

Problem with that theory is that it is basically the diet or eating habit of almost every draft age kid in America and they aren't overweight.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 6:20 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
It would have been pointless to run it by Congress, not to mention time consuming. Congress would shoot down anything Trump wanted to do and they would have absolutely no problem allowing the employees and delegates at the US embassy die. Who cares about the few!? It's the many Congress has their eyes on.

Obama delivered something like 1.7 Billion dollars to Iran in the middle of the night. The nuclear agreement drawn up imperiled Israel. Obama hated Israel, as does Iran.

No Benghazi's on Republican watch!

It wasn't "given to Iran". It was IRAN's money. The US gives Israel $10 million a day out of YOUR money while Americans decompose on the streets. And what does Israel give you in return? NOTHING. Just more demands and Americans to go and kill brown people and die and go back home in wheelchairs or go home and kill themselves. F**k Israel.

Not if they were sanctioned... A sanction was meant as a punishment and any 'deal' made with Iran that offered that sanctioned money back to them undermined the initial punishment. Every dime the government pays out is taxpayer money. With out us, they wouldn't be s**t.

Some Israelis (Jews) are brown/black people too, John. Just like some Muslims are white/black skinned... Some Catholics are brown/black, etc...

Israel has the most to lose if Iran has nuclear capabilities, a fat lot of good it will do Israel to have the US or the Saudis as allies if they are a heap of ash. You know this, you just hate Israel so much that you pretend you don't.