Harry and Meghan to step back from royals duties

Page 2 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 9:23 pm

Yep the damage was done by those who make racism as much of an issue as possible. Funny thing is, I had no idea nor cared or paid attention what her ethnicity is, until the racism warriors started shouting it from the rooftops.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Yep the damage was done by those who make racism as much of an issue as possible. Funny thing is, I had no idea nor cared or paid attention what her ethnicity is, until the racism warriors started shouting it from the rooftops.

Us common-folk aren't the reason she left.
I am fairly sure Prince William knew her mother's ancestry when he advised Harry not to pursue her

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I am fairly sure Prince William knew her mother's ancestry when he advised Harry not to pursue her

Do you have an iota of proof regarding that. Or are you just deciding what people are thinking and then accusing them of it? I really do not understand why you relish that so much. I bet you could/would come up with all kinds of stuff about the interracial marries within my family.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Do you have an iota of proof regarding that. Or are you just deciding what people are thinking and then accusing them of it? I really do not understand why you relish that so much. I bet you could/would come up with all kinds of stuff about the interracial marries within my family.

Deductive reasoning. I'm talking about why Meghan left the UK not about your family.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 11:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Deductive reasoning. I'm talking about why Meghan left the UK not about your family.

In other words you are making something up and presenting it as fact as usual.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 11:58 pm

It's by no means the only reason for Megxit but it's one contributing factor
https://www.insider.com/racism-british- ... ack-2020-1

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 5:51 am

It's official, Meghan is not coming back to the UK
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... d6e3af6401

Her staff in Frogmore cottage have been let go....Royal in exile...perhaps she and Andrew can rent out a mansion somewhere :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 6:53 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Ok,so Edward the VIII and Wallis Simpson are leaving royal life ,oops! Did I say Edward the VIII and Wallis Simpson,I meant Prince Harry and Dutches Meghan,sorry slip of the tongue.

Maybe they should send Harry and Meghan to the Bahamas like they did with Edward and Wallis,at least Meghan didn't have two abortions that left her unable to have children. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. That thing in the Thirties was similar. There was a queen of Sweden you also gave up royal status too.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 7:20 am

cyberdad wrote:

I was referring to the insinuation that William told Harry not to marry Meghan because he's a racist like the relative with the brooch conveying a covert racist message from the racist family and so on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 4:57 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I was referring to the insinuation that William told Harry not to marry Meghan because he's a racist like the relative with the brooch conveying a covert racist message from the racist family and so on.

You do realise that the checklist for a suitable bride for a prince is quite long. Almost every suitor for a princess or bride for a prince have come from European aristocracy for the last 1000 years. They are usually unmarried and young. Npt divorced and and 38 yrs old. I am sure William would have told mummy and mummy would have also made the same recommendation based on 3-4 factors. Lineage being one (it would be naive to think the royals would have looked forward to in-laws who included a washed up alcoholic and a yoga teacher with dreadlocks).

I think Meghan was quite brave to have married into this type of family.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 5:47 pm

In case anybody is think it....it's not just me....people are starting to notice the elephant in the room
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... c24ff0e291

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 8:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

You do realise that the checklist for a suitable bride for a prince is quite long. Almost every suitor for a princess or bride for a prince have come from European aristocracy for the last 1000 years. They are usually unmarried and young. Npt divorced and and 38 yrs old. I am sure William would have told mummy and mummy would have also made the same recommendation based on 3-4 factors. Lineage being one (it would be naive to think the royals would have looked forward to in-laws who included a washed up alcoholic and a yoga teacher with dreadlocks).

I think Meghan was quite brave to have married into this type of family.

That doesn't have much to do with your insinuation that William told Harry not to marry Meghan because he's a racist like the relative with the brooch conveying a covert racist message from the racist family and so on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm

As I said it's one factor. I am 100% certain the Queen would have enquired as to Meghan's ancestry because that's what the aristocracy do. But the Queen is a practical person and would have looked at other considerations as well.

William would have also been thinking about her biracial ancestry as another "black mark" when he had his concerned chat with Harry but it was one 3-4 issues including Meghan's age, divorcee status and her choice of working as an actress who posts partly naked images of herself on social media.

Please read my posts rather than arguing with me for the sake of arguing

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
As I said it's one factor. I am 100% certain the Queen would have enquired as to Meghan's ancestry because that's what the aristocracy do. But the Queen is a practical person and would have looked at other considerations as well.

William would have also been thinking about her biracial ancestry as another "black mark" when he had his concerned chat with Harry but it was one 3-4 issues including Meghan's age, divorcee status and her choice of working as an actress who posts partly naked images of herself on social media.

Please read my posts rather than arguing with me for the sake of arguing

I seriously doubt with his mother's influence and all the charity work he's done in the 3rd world villages that William is racist. You just seem to want to portray most every white person who's not far left working class as a racist. I think you have a fairly warped and obsessed view along those lines tbh. And I really should stick with ignoring you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:01 pm

Harry and Meghan will no longer use 'royal highness' titles or receive public funds for royal duties

Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use "royal highness" titles and won't receive public money for their royal duties, Buckingham Palace said Saturday.

In addition, the couple will pay back money spent renovating Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their home in the U.K.

A major refurbishing of the home, which is near Windsor Castle, cost British taxpayers 2.4 million pounds or $3.06 million, according to the royal family's accounts, which were released in June.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," the queen said in a statement Saturday. "I recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life."

The queen said she hopes that Harry and Meghan will be able "to start building a happy and peaceful new life."

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family," she said.

"With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations," the palace said. "While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty."

The palace said "the new model will take effect" in the spring of 2020.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 3:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Harry and Meghan will no longer use 'royal highness' titles or receive public funds for royal duties
Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use "royal highness" titles and won't receive public money for their royal duties, Buckingham Palace said Saturday.

In addition, the couple will pay back money spent renovating Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their home in the U.K.

A major refurbishing of the home, which is near Windsor Castle, cost British taxpayers 2.4 million pounds or $3.06 million, according to the royal family's accounts, which were released in June.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," the queen said in a statement Saturday. "I recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life."

The queen said she hopes that Harry and Meghan will be able "to start building a happy and peaceful new life."

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family," she said.

"With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations," the palace said. "While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty."

The palace said "the new model will take effect" in the spring of 2020.
That's what they did to Wallis Simpson,she was the dutches of windsor but couldn't use the term "her royal highness" and none of the other nobility females had to courtsy to her when introduced as was the tradition at the time,I don't think women courtsy to royal women anymore anyway.

It's looking like they will be exiled from British society they same way Edward the VIII and Wallis Simpson were,let's hope they love each other as much as Edward and Wallis did and find happiness in spite of exile like Edward and Wallis did.