Harry and Meghan to step back from royals duties

Page 4 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 5:11 pm

Darmok wrote:
Is all this drama, is no one thinking of the people of Sussex who have now been left defenseless without their duke? What if the Duke of Kent uses this opportunity to invade Sussex and extract tribute from the peasants? Who will rise to defend them?

Uh oh!

This will culminate in civil war. I can see it now. :lol:

In all seriousness, I’m surprised that they stuck with it as long as they did.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 7:00 pm

The whole system is antiquated and defunct. I wrote a long time ago that I didn't expect William and Harry to maintain it. They have too much Diana in them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 7:11 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
As I said it's one factor. I am 100% certain the Queen would have enquired as to Meghan's ancestry because that's what the aristocracy do. But the Queen is a practical person and would have looked at other considerations as well.

William would have also been thinking about her biracial ancestry as another "black mark" when he had his concerned chat with Harry but it was one 3-4 issues including Meghan's age, divorcee status and her choice of working as an actress who posts partly naked images of herself on social media.

Please read my posts rather than arguing with me for the sake of arguing

I seriously doubt with his mother's influence and all the charity work he's done in the 3rd world villages that William is racist. You just seem to want to portray most every white person who's not far left working class as a racist. I think you have a fairly warped and obsessed view along those lines tbh. And I really should stick with ignoring you.

Yes please...don't respond that's your prerogative (I see the skunk has slithered away as well)

BTW you advertise your double standards - you attack me and others from making obvious interpretations supported by links but then you indulge yourself in your own opinionated reflections whenever you like

Quote - I wrote a long time ago that I didn't expect William and Harry to maintain it. They have too much Diana in them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 10:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
As I said it's one factor. I am 100% certain the Queen would have enquired as to Meghan's ancestry because that's what the aristocracy do. But the Queen is a practical person and would have looked at other considerations as well.

William would have also been thinking about her biracial ancestry as another "black mark" when he had his concerned chat with Harry but it was one 3-4 issues including Meghan's age, divorcee status and her choice of working as an actress who posts partly naked images of herself on social media.

Please read my posts rather than arguing with me for the sake of arguing

I seriously doubt with his mother's influence and all the charity work he's done in the 3rd world villages that William is racist. You just seem to want to portray most every white person who's not far left working class as a racist. I think you have a fairly warped and obsessed view along those lines tbh. And I really should stick with ignoring you.

Yes please...don't respond that's your prerogative (I see the skunk has slithered away as well)

BTW you advertise your double standards - you attack me and others from making obvious interpretations supported by links but then you indulge yourself in your own opinionated reflections whenever you like

Quote - I wrote a long time ago that I didn't expect William and Harry to maintain it. They have too much Diana in them.

Not quite on par with calling them and most every white person who's not far left working class as a racist all the time.

And posting links to articles you don't read to back you up does not count for much.

As most everyone knows, just because something is on the internet that doesn't automatically make it true or a fact.

Any link that is posted is subject to scrutiny.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 11:43 pm

I don't call anybody on this forum racist. That's your desperate attempt to get me kicked off using inflammatory allegations

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 2:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
I don't call anybody on this forum racist. That's your desperate attempt to get me kicked off using inflammatory allegations

That's not what I was talking about obviously.

And you are the one who just made an inflammatory allegation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 3:40 am

I am abiding by my warning from a couple of years ago and stepping back...not my intention to escalate this further

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 4:33 am

I'm sure Goldfish will be happy to take your place.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 1:01 pm

So, legally, after Her Majesty passes, Prince Charles will become king, and after him, Prince William.
If Prince William were to die during his reign, his son Prince George would become king.
If Prince George were to die without a son, his brother Louis would become king.
I do not understand how (former) Prince Harry ever was in line for the throne, realistically.
What is he actually giving up?
It is looking as though his father, Prince Charles has been supporting them financially, not the government.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 2:06 pm

They vacationed at some mansion on an island nearby here recently & are apparently eyeballing a $36M waterfront mansion in the neighbourhood of Vancouver - which is a 5-10min drive from the beach I hangout at.

I don’t really care about the royals or celebrities, but I do have a hue respect for them peacing our from the royal family nonsense and living their lives as they see fit. Good on them. I’m sure they’ll make fine additions of ultra wealthy people taking up residence here & i suppose it’d be kinda neat to bump into them around town someday.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 2:22 pm

Maybe the plan all along was to have the two become a celebrity brand like the Kardashians. She comes from that Hollywood celebrity world and his mom attached herself to rock stars.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 4:20 pm

EzraS wrote:

Why do you have to derail this thread in a attempt to make it about me?

FWIW I haven’t even read this thread or you twos’ argument. I just saw this post as I was scrolling and figured I’d pause to call you out for your hypocrisy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 4:22 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Maybe the plan all along was to have the two become a celebrity brand like the Kardashians. She comes from that Hollywood celebrity world and his mom attached herself to rock stars.

Doubt it. Seems to me they’re just like “F it. We’re rich and we’re human and don’t want any part of this life that’s been thrust upon us. We’d rather just go do our own thing and raise our family.”

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 4:41 pm

Meghan Markle is a new mum and I think pregnancy and hormones has exacerbated her stress levels over the way she has perceived how both the press and the royal family have responded to her.

I think the Queen has not closed the door (for her grandson's sake) and I am sure she would welcome them back in the future if they choose to be more active.

In the meantime Meghan wants some to have some space for her new son from the toxic environment created by the royals and the British press.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Why do you have to derail this thread in a attempt to make it about me?

FWIW I haven’t even read this thread or you twos’ argument. I just saw this post as I was scrolling and figured I’d pause to call you out for your hypocrisy.

You seem to love going after me as much as cyberdad. After all these years I just have to wonder how much pride you guys have taken in going after a significantly autistic teenager with learning disabilities all these years. There are 11 pages in your post history of you saying things about me third person in threads, so I doubt I'm close to matching you. 15 times in three weeks since your return according to page 1.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 9:07 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Not a bad idea although I think their best bet would be to hire someone to write a tell-all memoir that gives us the inside scoop. They could pretty much ask whatever they wanted for it. Then they could move to some obscure island oasis.

That’s what I would do, anyway.

Being a “Royal” does seem rather antiquated and silly (if not downright toxic). It’s not something I would worry too much about upholding.

Good for them for having the good sense to leave.