State of emergency: High tension in Virginia as right-wing

Page 4 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Don’t know anything about the dead guy to have an opinion, but this is the General Lee I grew up knowing & it remains totally acceptable today:

I'm not seeing the image. What is it?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:34 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Don’t know anything about the dead guy to have an opinion, but this is the General Lee I grew up knowing & it remains totally acceptable today:

It is a picture of a car known as General Lee from a show.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:36 pm

I see it now, thanks!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:37 pm

The Dukes of Hazzard was comedy so the boys get a free pass calling their classic car the "General Lee"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:43 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

It’s a blonde in a halter top and a pair of “Daisy Duke” cut-off shorts.

I think there may be a car in there somewhere...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
General Lee was a hero against the North's war of aggression. Only fantasist liberals just see race everywhere cause they are the real racists.

Historical fact 1 - The primary catalyst for secession was slavery, most immediately the political battle over the right of Southerners to bring slavery into western territory that had hitherto been free under the terms of the Missouri Compromise or while part of Mexico. Another factor for secession and the formation of the Confederacy, was white Southern nationalism which was seperate to the union "American nationalism". Almost all historians agree on this

Historical Fact 2 -The war began when the Confederates bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, South Carolina on April 12, 1861.

Every recognised historian in the US agrees race was the primary factor in the south wanting secession and that the confederates were the instigators who started the war. General Lee was therefore both a white nationalist and a traitor

It isn't politically correct to mention actual facts about the War of Southern Treachery. You're supposed to peddle the politically correct Lost Cause BS. Image

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 6:00 pm

Was triggered by John Powell's "northern aggression" and liberals are the real racists tripe

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
General Lee was a hero against the North's war of aggression. Only fantasist liberals just see race everywhere cause they are the real racists.

Historical fact 1 - The primary catalyst for secession was slavery, most immediately the political battle over the right of Southerners to bring slavery into western territory that had hitherto been free under the terms of the Missouri Compromise or while part of Mexico. Another factor for secession and the formation of the Confederacy, was white Southern nationalism which was seperate to the union "American nationalism". Almost all historians agree on this

Historical Fact 2 -The war began when the Confederates bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, South Carolina on April 12, 1861.

Every recognised historian in the US agrees race was the primary factor in the south wanting secession and that the confederates were the instigators who started the war. General Lee was therefore both a white nationalist and a traitor

That's horse sh*t as usual from you. You don't know what a traitor is. The war was started by economic warfare by the North. Yeah the winners write the history. You don't understand or know anything.

You prove my point that you just see racism and race everywhere. Desperately trying to cover for your own racism.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It isn't politically correct to mention actual facts about the War of Southern Treachery. You're supposed to peddle the politically correct Lost Cause BS. Image

Ironically calling people traitors cause they refused to be bullied by the more powerful force via economic sanctions sure seems a bit Nazish

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:44 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Ironically calling people traitors cause they refused to be bullied by the more powerful force via economic sanctions sure seems a bit Nazish

You can trot out whatever twisted logic you'd like to defend the south's war to defend the institution of slavery, it won't change what you're defending.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 7:55 pm

The reason anyone does anything is money. South wanted a certain amount of time to make the newest investment in slavery pay off, get the crops in and get right financially. North didn't want them to get right financially... Solution - free the slaves NOW. Neither side gave a damn about the slaves... Not the North, not the South. West Virginia seceded because they gave even less of a s**t about anything.

Succinct enough?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 8:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
White supremacists are always talking about a “race war.” Charles Manson was also into the idea.

Recent white supremacist types have been greatly influenced by a novel called “The Turner Diaries,” which is about a race war.

The question is, do you hear that from white supremacists or do you hear it from the left reporting on white supremacists. It seems to me that white supremacist / alt-right / violent gun nut / conservative / republican / trump supporter is what the public is supposed to be in mortal fear of.

As the election year progresses I expect to hear all kinds of stuff about how the white supremacist / alt-right / violent gun nut / conservative / republican / trump supporters are out to start a civil race war. And the environment is collapsing. And WW3 is around the corner.

Fear fear fear. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Probably a lot of deaths will occur. From people committing suicide over all the fear mongering.
I think people are too gullible to think for themselves. Democrats and Republicans want all of us to be obedient sheeple.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 9:23 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
The reason anyone does anything is money. South wanted a certain amount of time to make the newest investment in slavery pay off, get the crops in and get right financially. North didn't want them to get right financially... Solution - free the slaves NOW. Neither side gave a damn about the slaves... Not the North, not the South. West Virginia seceded because they gave even less of a s**t about anything.

Succinct enough?

Interesting black and white take on things. So you figure the North made their fortunes from slavery faster than the South and then simply sought to hold onto their power position by eliminating slavery before the South caught up? Possible. But there’s got to be more politics to it than just money.. no?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 9:51 pm

I am mostly upset about being priced out of the more progressive parts of the country, where there are more people who have the same interests as me, and I feel that intense social engineering of people in the red states is the only alternative.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 10:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am mostly upset about being priced out of the more progressive parts of the country, where there are more people who have the same interests as me, and I feel that intense social engineering of people in the red states is the only alternative.

Personally, I prefer to be working class poor in a nicer more progressive area - and I am.

I’d way rather make concessions to carry on living where I do than move away to some backwards place. Mind you, there are plenty of cheap places across Canada that aren’t anywhere near as backwards as stereotypical trump country.. so I wouldn’t have it as bad. But still, rather stick around here than relocate. Just sayin’.. you can probably tough it out around good people vs go immerse yourself in a culture you dislike.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

It’s a blonde in a halter top and a pair of “Daisy Duke” cut-off shorts.

I think there may be a car in there somewhere...

:lol: