Page 482 of 535 [ 8550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485 ... 535  Next

beady
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 9:23 am

Brictoria wrote:
Joe Biden wrote:
We're eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still doesn't have a plan to get this virus under control.

I do.

Source: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1316894374500962305

We're 8 months into his presidency: It's nice to see how well his plan is working.

What we are experiencing is what was created during the previous administration- maybe it would behoove the leader of the unvaccinated to suggest that covid is real, that it should be feared, and that we should all be vaccinated.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 3:49 pm

I bet it’s some sort of terminator virus that keeps getting stronger every time it mutates.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Aug 2021, 4:12 pm

We'd better lay a red herring for it!! Let it infest fleas or cockroaches.... :D

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 1:22 pm

EU takes US off safe travel list; backs travel restrictions

Quote:
The European Union recommended Monday that its 27 nations reinstate restrictions on tourists from the U.S. because of rising coronavirus infections there.

The decision by the European Council to remove the U.S. from a safe list of countries for nonessential travel reverses advice that it gave in June, when the bloc recommended lifting restrictions on U.S. travelers before the summer tourism season.

The guidance is nonbinding, however, and U.S. travelers should expect a mishmash of travel rules across the continent.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 2:49 pm

I guess it's only fair....we have severe restrictions on people from the EU traveling to the US.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 5:48 pm

Covid 19 Delta outbreak: New variant detected in South Africa 'worse than Delta'

Quote:
A new Covid variant has been identified in South Africa and there are warnings it is worse than Delta.

A new preprint study by South Africa's National Institute for Communicable Diseases warns the new variant has "mutated substantially" and is more mutations away from the original virus detected in Wuhan than any other variant previously detected.

The new variant, known as C. 1.2, first emerged in South Africa but has also been detected in England, China, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

It could pose challenges to the first generation of vaccines. Scientists say it's also possible that people in the United Kingdom who were infected with the earlier variants could be vulnerable to reinfection.'

pidemiologist Dr Eric Feigl-Ding said the research suggested the new variant has "mutated substantially" and is "more mutations away from the original virus than any other variant detected so far worldwide".

"What does that mean? It means that C. 1.2 variant has somehow mutated so fast and far that it is now the furthest mutated variant found to date. It has mutated the greatest genetic distance from the original Wuhan 1.0 strain – and implies potential troubles for 1.0 vaccines.

The original Alpha strain of Covid that emerged in the United Kingdom and was previously regarded as the most transmissible before Delta arrived is another.

However, there is a category of variant that is regarded as even more severe. Scientists call this a "high consequence variant".

So far, a high consequence variant has not emerged during the pandemic. If it does, it would be a variant with a demonstrated ability to outfox vaccines, more severe clinical disease and increased hospitalisations.

lovely(sarcasm)

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 2:47 pm

Coronavirus, the gift that keeps on giving.
Don’t leave home without it.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 10:03 am

Los Angeles Times reports: "Coronavirus can spread among vaccinated people, so officials urge cautious Labor Day". "Labor Day" is a U.S. holiday.

And Insider reports: "A man urinated on the counter of a Dairy Queen restaurant in Canada after being asked to wear a mask, reports say". The man was apparently unaware of the LA Times report and was claiming to have an exemption. (While Barney & Clyde note that not all exemptions qualify.)

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 1:57 pm

How many hospitals have gone under due to covid?
How many municipalities?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:43 pm

Long-Haulers Are Fighting for Their Future
Many people with long COVID feel that science is failing them. Neglecting them could make the pandemic even worse.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... re/619941/

Really good article about how Long Haulers are still being swept under the rug, 15 months after news of our condition started reaching the mass media.

It really is a mess, doctors and insurance companies have millions of new patients that they have no idea what to do with.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
How many hospitals have gone under due to covid?
How many municipalities?

Where I live, when all the hospitals were at max capacity in the winter, they actually re-opened a hospital that had closed, so they could have more beds.

But of course, that doesn't solve the "we don't have enough hospital staff to treat everyone" problem.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 8:29 am

Quote:
These desires aren’t unique to long-haulers. Research into autism has been dominated by medically oriented studies that look for autism-associated genes, model the condition’s traits in lab mice, or search for causes and cures. Autistic people, by contrast, tend to prioritize social research that would improve their daily lives, mental health, or ability to work. The parallels to long COVID aren’t exact—long-haulers are strongly invested in research on causes and cures—but the underlying principle is the same: Research for researchers’ sake often “erases the voices of those whose condition is the subject of the research,” Emily Willingham, a journalist and scientist, told me. Since the 1990s, autistic people have pushed for science that addresses their needs, for chances to be researchers themselves, and for recognition as experts on their own life. Long-haulers are doing the same. And that has turned some of them into advocates for conditions that are eerily similar to their own, and that have similarly fallen through medicine’s cracks.

This is also similar to autism
Quote:
Despite long-haulers’ fight for recognition, any discussion of the pandemic still largely revolves around two extremes—good health at one end, and hospitalization or death at the other.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:25 pm

I never watch TV anymore but listen to the Sports radio whilst I'm doing household chores. Every ad break for the past 5 months or so has had at least one encouraging people to get vaxxed. All of a sudden the "don't miss out on the good times" vax ads have now given way to one telling you to download an app that will "keep life moving" because being vaxxed "doesn't stop you getting or spreading the virus", it's now the app that is going to save us again, then I expect it will be the booster or maybe masks will make a come back for a bit, maybe "wash your hands and don't touch your face" again if they're feeling really nostalgic.

It's an actual comedy routine now. People might be generally dumb out there but there's got to be a cut off point where the governments take this one step too far for even the most trusting and compliant members of our societies. God help us when something really serious comes along, I thought everybody knew the story of the girl who cried wolf.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

lostproperty wrote:
I never watch TV anymore but listen to the Sports radio whilst I'm doing household chores. Every ad break for the past 5 months or so has had at least one encouraging people to get vaxxed. All of a sudden the "don't miss out on the good times" vax ads have now given way to one telling you to download an app that will "keep life moving" because being vaxxed "doesn't stop you getting or spreading the virus", it's now the app that is going to save us again, then I expect it will be the booster or maybe masks will make a come back for a bit, maybe "wash your hands and don't touch your face" again if they're feeling really nostalgic.

It's an actual comedy routine now. People might be generally dumb out there but there's got to be a cut off point where the governments take this one step too far for even the most trusting and compliant members of our societies. God help us when something really serious comes along, I thought everybody knew the story of the girl who cried wolf.

Right you are Sir. I feel that The Corona virus is just a Trojan Horse for the vaccine and App to track people and control their movement. Maybe I'm just old and bitter but I do not trust any government, politician or elite billionaire.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 11:22 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
lostproperty wrote:

Right you are Sir. I feel that The Corona virus is just a Trojan Horse for the vaccine and App to track people and control their movement. Maybe I'm just old and bitter but I do not trust any government, politician or elite billionaire.
:roll: Sure

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Well then where the heck do I sign up to get paid for pretending I had it? There's no sense in me being this sick for free.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Well then where the heck do I sign up to get paid for pretending I had it? There's no sense in me being this sick for free.
Um. Definitely don't play dead. (I hope you recover well!)