Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:05 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Might have something to do with the Chinese penchant for eating live animals

today's news
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... f89111c0fb

Apparently young Chinese women think eating live animals will make them beautiful

Maybe this is the wake-up call to those women to take notes from young American women and use beer, wine, and liquor instead of live animals to make them beautiful! :lol:

Yes American women could take a leaf from young Chinese girls. Although eating live animals can be tricky sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oByXmohhU

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Might have something to do with the Chinese penchant for eating live animals

today's news
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... f89111c0fb

Apparently young Chinese women think eating live animals will make them beautiful

Maybe this is the wake-up call to those women to take notes from young American women and use beer, wine, and liquor instead of live animals to make them beautiful! :lol:

Yes American women could take a leaf from young Chinese girls. Although eating live animals can be tricky sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oByXmohhU

I was saying that Chinese women should take from American women. By saying that the virus was a wake up, I meant they should rely on alcohol to make them beautiful. In other words, they should hang out around guys who are inebriated and the state of intoxication by the people looking at them will fool the viewer into believing they are beautiful.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:25 pm

I think what's concerning is in what universe does consuming an animal while it's suffering considered beauty treatment?

But yes, inebriation and eating disorders are so much more civilised

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I think what's concerning is in what universe does consuming an animal while it's suffering considered beauty treatment?

Since you mentioned eating disorders as an option, I guess they figure eating live animals will have a same basic effect as binging and purging, except ingesting tapeworms or something won't erode your teeth the way stomach acid will?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:33 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Since you mentioned eating disorders as an option, I guess they figure eating live animals will have a same basic effect as binging and purging, except ingesting tapeworms or something won't erode your teeth the way stomach acid will?

Didn't you know! tapeworms help you lose weight - take away all those nasty carbs

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 6:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Didn't you know! tapeworms help you lose weight - take away all those nasty carbs

Exactly my point. Eat all the live food you want, get tapeworms and other parasites, stay underweight. A fifty thousand calories diet rich in parasites will keep you just as thin as anorexia but without the starving.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:24 pm

There is still too much speculation on the deadliness of this virus.  The Chinese government has only recently made an 'official' statement of transparency, and only after the virus threatened to spread outside of Wuhan.

Except for Ebola, there has not been a serious viral outbreak since the Black Death.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
Except for Ebola, there has not been a serious viral outbreak since the Black Death.[/color]

Sars? swine flu?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:42 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Exactly my point. Eat all the live food you want, get tapeworms and other parasites, stay underweight. A fifty thousand calories diet rich in parasites will keep you just as thin as anorexia but without the starving.

Imagine the young ladies scoffing down live baby animals probably haven't thought that through

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:47 pm

The virus appears to be highly contagious given doctors are catching it and develop severe symptoms quickly
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... efa57584d9

Might skip my weekly trip to China town for takeaway

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Except for Ebola, there has not been a serious viral outbreak since the Black Death.[/color]
Sars? swine flu?
Did either of these wipe out as much as 1/4 of the world's population?  No?  Then why all the panic and fear over the Wuhan "Snake" Flu?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sars? swine flu?
Did either of these wipe out as much as 1/4 of the world's population?  No?  Then why all the panic and fear over the Wuhan "Snake" Flu?

Sars, swine flu and other exotic viruses have killed similar numbers to Ebola outside of its area of origin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 8:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sars? swine flu?
Sars, swine flu and other exotic viruses have killed similar numbers to Ebola outside of its area of origin
Are you implying that this mere correlation somehow proves that we're all doomed?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 9:15 pm

I don't find that there is reason to panic with this outbreak. It's not dissimilar, to me, to most flu outbreaks.

But there was an influenza pandemic in 1918-1919 which killed 500,000 people in the United States. Of course, this was well before antibiotics were developed.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 10:29 pm

Except that antibiotics are not for dealing with viruses. And that those who are abusing it for said purpose are only helping creating strains of bacteria that are resistant to them. Having said this changes are that the media is hyping things up in order to stimulate sales/viewing numbers. Alto if it serious there is a change they might be downplaying it, because of pressure by officials.

In the meantime up to 8 cities have been put under quarantine. And of course there have been several cases outside of China as well. If there are good precautions being taken we should have little too worry. Unless, someone slips past the net by being infected, but not showing any symptoms yet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 1:11 am

Sigbold wrote:
In the meantime up to 8 cities have been put under quarantine. And of course there have been several cases outside of China as well. If there are good precautions being taken we should have little too worry. Unless, someone slips past the net by being infected, but not showing any symptoms yet.

Airports are using equipment to scan for heat signatures in incoming passengers which might indicate fever