Page 403 of 426 [ 6810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406 ... 426  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 5:47 am

The Judicial Branch is the slowest moving of the three branches of government, but it does eventually move. Here an Illinois judge has blocked execution of the governor's irrational and dictatorial stay-at-home executive orders (narrowly tailored to the case in front of him, but with universal language that can be widely cited).

Since the inception of this insanity, the following regulations, rules or consequences have occurred: I won’t get COVID if I get an abortion but I will get COVID if I get a colonoscopy. Selling pot is essential but selling goods and services at a family-owned business is not. Pot wasn’t even legal and pot dispensaries didn’t even exist in this state until five months ago and, in that five months, they have become essential but a family-owned business in existence for five generations is not.

A family of six can pile in their car and drive to Carlyle Lake without contracting COVID but, if they all get in the same boat, they will. We are told that kids rarely contract the virus and sunlight kills it, but summer youth programs, sports programs are cancelled. Four people can drive to the golf course and not get COVID but, if they play in a foursome, they will. If I go to Walmart, I won’t get COVID but, if I go to church, I will. Murderers are released from custody while small business owners are threatened with arrest if they have the audacity to attempt to feed their families.

These are just a few of examples of rules, regulations and consequences that are arbitrary, capricious, and completely devoid of anything even remotely approaching common sense....

The defendant in this case [the Illinois governor] orders you to stay home and pronounces that, if you leave the state, you are putting people in danger, but his family members traveled to Florida and Wisconsin because he deems such travel essential. One initial rationale why the rules don’t apply to him is that his family farm had animals that needed [to be] fed. Try selling that argument to farmers who have had to slaughter their herds because of disruption in the supply chain.

When laws do not apply to those who make them, people are not being governed, they are being ruled. Make no mistake, these executive orders are not laws. They are royal decrees. Illinois citizens are not being governed, they are being ruled. The last time I checked Illinois citizens are also Americans and Americans don’t get ruled.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... ruling.pdf

There Are Four Lights!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 7:21 am

CORONAVIRUS TRANSMISSION

In a perspective article published in the journal Science, three experts wrote that aerosol particles can accumulate and remain infectious in indoor air for hours, while being easily inhaled deep into the lungs.

"Increasing evidence for SARS-CoV-2 suggests the 6 ft WHO recommendation is likely not enough under many indoor conditions where aerosols can remain airborne for hours, accumulate over time, and follow air flows over distances further than 6 ft," they said.

Chia Wang of National Sun Yat-sen University in Taiwan, as well as Kimberly Prather and Dr. Robert Schooley of the University of California, San Diego, said that a large proportion of the COVID-19 spread appears to be occurring through the airborne transmission of aerosols. They added the transmission was produced by asymptomatic individuals during breathing and speaking.

"It is particularly important to wear masks in locations with conditions that can accumulate high concentrations of viruses, such as health care settings, airplanes, restaurants, and other crowded places with reduced ventilation," they added.

The perspective article stated that countries -- like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea -- have implemented universal masking and were the most effective in reducing the spread of COVID-19.

The six feet of social distancing guidelines by the WHO is based on studies of respiratory droplets in the 1930s. However, technology didn't exist at the time for detecting tiny aerosol particles, the experts stated.

Smaller aerosols will evaporate faster than they can settle, they added. Because of that, they can be affected by air currents, which can transport them over long distances and cause them to stay in the air for hours.

“A lot of the evidence has been pointing to aerosol transmission of respiratory viruses,” Prather told WebMD. “This particular virus, a lot of evidence is mounting.”

This month, a study by scientists in Hong Kong found that using surgical masks could reduce the rate of non-contact transmission through respiratory droplets or airborne particles by up to 75 percent.

Source: 6 feet likely not far enough to stop COVID-19 transmission

If you want to stay safe, do not become infected. If you do not want to become infected, wear face mask (when indoors) that will prevent you from breathing in virus particles. N95 or better masks will do that quite effectively.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 2:15 pm

Blood clots fill lungs of black coronavirus victims, study finds

Quote:
Careful autopsies of 10 African-American victims of coronavirus show their lungs were clogged with blood clots, researchers reported Wednesday.

All 10 patients had underlying conditions that have been shown to worsen infection, including high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. But genetic factors could also be at play, the team at LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine said.

The findings, published in the Lancet Respiratory Medicine, may help explain why blacks are suffering so much more from Covid-19 in the US and in some other countries such as Britain, the researchers said.

"We found that the small vessels and capillaries in the lungs were obstructed by blood clots and associated hemorrhage that significantly contributed to decompensation and death in these patients," Dr. Richard Vander Heide, head of pathology at the medical school, said in a statement.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

magz
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 2:40 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
Careful autopsies of 10 African-American victims of coronavirus show their lungs were clogged with blood clots, researchers reported Wednesday.

All 10 patients had underlying conditions that have been shown to worsen infection, including high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. But genetic factors could also be at play, the team at LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine said.

The findings, published in the Lancet Respiratory Medicine, may help explain why blacks are suffering so much more from Covid-19 in the US and in some other countries such as Britain, the researchers said.

"We found that the small vessels and capillaries in the lungs were obstructed by blood clots and associated hemorrhage that significantly contributed to decompensation and death in these patients," Dr. Richard Vander Heide, head of pathology at the medical school, said in a statement.

I've read before that this is how the virus can kill, it's not limited to African descent patients. However, African Americans seem more prone to hypertension and diseases related to it https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4108512/ and there may be some link to blood-vessel-related symptoms of covid, too.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 10:00 pm

magz wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

I've read before that this is how the virus can kill, it's not limited to African descent patients. However, African Americans seem more prone to hypertension and diseases related to it https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4108512/ and there may be some link to blood-vessel-related symptoms of covid, too.

They also have the "Cop Knee on Neck" affliction, causing respiration failure.
Not joking here.
Just making an O/T point.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 5:15 am

Obviously people are not social distancing at the protests and riots.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:25 am

I tested positive for antibodies.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Finally!
How many tests did it take?
You are such an attention hound. :mrgreen:

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

magz
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Well... congratulations? Glad to hear it, anyway. I, mean, it's good that you're over with it. Now even if you do catch it later (eg. during the second wave a few months form now), it will probably be milder.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:40 am

I feel good about testing positive for the reason you stated above.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:41 am

magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well... congratulations? Glad to hear it, anyway. I, mean, it's good that you're over with it. Now even if you do catch it later (eg. during the second wave a few months form now), it will probably be milder.

Ask jimmy about this.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel good about testing positive for the reason you stated above.

Have you donated plasma yet?
Are you going to?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:57 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Ask jimmy about this.

It means that if kraftie wants to donate blood plasma to help others desperately fighting for their lives against the coronavirus he is able.

It also means that most likely if he comes in contact with this coronavirus in the next few years, he will be immune from the most serious effects. He may feel minor symptoms but his body will be better fit to lock it down.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:02 am

It was pretty mild the first time I had it, though it lasted about three weeks.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:02 am

jimmy m wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Ask jimmy about this.

It means that if kraftie wants to donate blood plasma to help others desperately fighting for their lives against the coronavirus he is able.

It also means that most likely if he comes in contact with this coronavirus in the next few years, he will be immune from the most serious effects. He may feel minor symptoms but his body will be better fit to lock it down.

The last thing I want to do is make KraftieK anxious, hence my deferring to you, but I read somewhere that a relapse could be worse.
Has that been debunked?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It was pretty mild the first time I had it, though it lasted about three weeks.

So you think you had it more than once???