Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 11:08 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Yes they are waiting for a DNA test. Most Russians think the girl slept with a much older man whom she is protecting.
Twilightprincess wrote:
She may have been threatened not to tell if this is a statutory rape scenario.
My money is on an incestuous relationship with her dad.  I know of three other incest cases (Indiana and Michigan) where the dad tried to 'prove' that the child's 'real' father was a classmate (or cousin, in one instance) of his daughter.  DNA eventually exonerated the boys (and convicted the dads), but not until after their lives were ruined by 'shotgun' marriages and/or coerced military service.

Imagine being a 17-year old boy, and being told by your own parents that you face jail time for statutory rape if you don't join the Army and route all of your pay and benefits to support a 14-year old girl (whom you've never had sex with) and her child.

It's called "Paternity Fraud".

It's a weird situation in this day and age because the truth is going to come out eventually due to DNA testing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 11:17 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... It's called "Paternity Fraud".
It's a weird situation in this day and age because the truth is going to come out eventually due to DNA testing.
You'd be surprised.  Most boys threatened with jail time for statutory rape and being a registered sex-offender for the rest of their lives will often choose the quickest and easiest way out -- falsely confess to being the father and spending the next 20+ years supporting a child that is not his.  Never mind being able to afford to hire a good lawyer who will insist on DNA testing once the baby is born; the boy will be also under pressure by his parents, the police, the girl's parents, and the girl herself to just "confess" and get it over with (or else).

Did you know that once a man claims a child as his own, it is almost impossible to rescind that claim, even in the face of DNA evidence to the contrary?  That's why "in this day and age", boys are pressured into a hasty decision that will ruin their lives while legally putting money into the purse of a woman whom he never had sex with and who thusly never bore his child.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 11:34 am

The boy is only 10 - I can't see how he could be accused of statutory rape. The girl is older too - I have no idea what the Russian law says in such a case.

Given the interest this case is getting, I'm sure they'll do a DNA test.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 11:40 am

Personally, I think that in any paternity case DNA testing should be compulsory and I would have no objection whatsoever if it came out of my tax money.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
The boy is only 10 - I can't see how he could be accused of statutory rape.  The girl is older too - I have no idea what the Russian law says in such a case. Given the interest this case is getting, I'm sure they'll do a DNA test.
Does Russia even have any "Statutory Rape" laws?  Here in America, even if the girl is older, it is somehow always the boy's fault.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 2:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
The boy is only 10 - I can't see how he could be accused of statutory rape.  The girl is older too - I have no idea what the Russian law says in such a case. Given the interest this case is getting, I'm sure they'll do a DNA test.
Does Russia even have any "Statutory Rape" laws?  Here in America, even if the girl is older, it is somehow always the boy's fault.

Consent age in Russia is 16 - I have no idea what happens if both are minors. Over here, it's not an offence for minors to have (consensual) sex with each other. There would be a possibility of a case being made against the girl for paedophilia as the boy didn't hit puberty yet.

Do you mean that Americans would prosecute a 10-year-old boy for having sex with a 13-year-old girl? 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 2:51 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Do you mean that Americans would prosecute a 10-year-old boy for having sex with a 13-year-old girl?
It's happened. I personally know of one case in Michigan back in the late 1960s to early 1970s with an 11-year old boy and a 13-year old girl.  Her parents pressed civil charges against the boy and his parents, suing them for medical costs, court fees, compensatory charges and punitive damages (I forget the final amount). I don't remember if there were criminal charges, though, and I don't remember what happened to all of them.

BTW: His parents were considered 'wealthy', while her parents were politely referred to a "economically challenged"...

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 3:18 pm

I see... 8O

In this case, I think the boy's parents could press charges - paedophilia is illegal in Russia too.

I think it should also be investigated if the girl was the victim of rape or incest.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 4:44 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
... I think it should also be investigated if the girl was the victim of rape or incest.
Definitely.  Once the child is born, all male relatives (i.e., dad, brothers, cousins, uncles, et cetera) should have to submit a DNA sample, especially if DNA testing exonerates the boy.

I'm not convinced that it is not the boy's baby, it's just that I've known too many cases of some under-aged kid taking the fall so that some relative doesn't have to, and only later (when he became an adult) realizing how badly he had been screwed over.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
... I think it should also be investigated if the girl was the victim of rape or incest.
Definitely.  Once the child is born, all male relatives (i.e., dad, brothers, cousins, uncles, et cetera) should have to submit a DNA sample, especially if DNA testing exonerates the boy.

I'm not convinced that it is not the boy's baby, it's just that I've known too many cases of some under-aged kid taking the fall so that some relative doesn't have to, and only later (when he became an adult) realizing how badly he had been screwed over.

It's a slim prossibility since the physiological exams show the boy is pre-pubescent. There has been a horrid and tragic case of a 5-year-old girl getting pregnant, so in theory, anything is possible:(

What a mess either way, I hope they don't destroy these kids' lives.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:16 pm

Who paid for the boy's examinations, the State or the parents?

Follow the money.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:25 pm

According to the article, the parents gave their consent and the Russian Jerry Springer paid for it.

I also found this, but I wouldn't rely on anything that precedes DNA testing youngest birth fathers

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:27 pm

Of course us X-files fans haven't discounted the remote possibility the girl was abducted by aliens and......

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:29 pm

I thought the aliens had a predilection for another orifice... allegedly.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:30 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Fnord wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:

Consent age in Russia is 16 - I have no idea what happens if both are minors. Over here, it's not an offence for minors to have (consensual) sex with each other. There would be a possibility of a case being made against the girl for paedophilia as the boy didn't hit puberty yet.

Do you mean that Americans would prosecute a 10-year-old boy for having sex with a 13-year-old girl? 8O

I think they would both be considered under aged under Russian law to be prosecuted. Perhaps the real father knows they face jail time but not sure what the penalty is in that country.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2020, 5:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Of course us X-files fans haven't discounted the remote possibility the girl was abducted by aliens and...
... and Sigourney Weaver fans haven't discounted the remote possibility the baby the girl is carrying IS an Alien...