Escaped mental patient wanted to assassinate Trump

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 3:21 pm

CNN Washington,DC

Man arrested outside white house after threatening to assassinate Donald Trump.

Police arrested a Florida man after he threatened to assassinate the president,Roger Hedgpeth,25,approached the secret service and said" I am here to assassinate the president."

Hedgpeth said he intended to do it with a knife,which the secret service confiscated after a pat down search,Hedgpeth was placed under arrest.

Shortly after his arrest the secret service was notified he was a criticlly endangered person as well as a mental health patient.Hedgpeth was then moved to a hospital for mental evaluation,CNN has reached out to the secret service for more information.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 3:30 pm

Any word on how the guy escaped?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 3:35 pm

Interesting.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 3:49 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
The article didn't say much other than he was critically endagered or in other words a very vulnerable adult and that he is a mental patient somewhere.They didn't say if it was even a locked facility or not.It wasa very short article I vertualy posted the whole article.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 3:53 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
The article didn't say much other than he was critically endagered or in other words a very vulnerable adult and that he is a mental patient somewhere.They didn't say if it was even a locked facility or not.It wasa very short article I vertualy posted the whole article.

Oh, ok, I didn't even think about the possibility of an unlocked facility.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 4:55 pm

Hopefully more information on this matter will be released.I suspect that is that this guy won't be prosecuted but will be sent to a much more secure mental facility that escape will be impossible,and he will be there for a while.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 5:05 pm

I take it they didn't say what type of knife the guy had. Or did they?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:10 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

I don't think that's a thing.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:17 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

I think by unlocked facility he meant like a nursing home or something like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:24 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

I think by unlocked facility he meant like a nursing home or something like that.

Perhaps, but by the description it sounds more likely he would have been in a mental health facility/psych ward which would for sure be locked. I know while I was in a psych ward one of the other patients had escaped for a time, they would take us on little walks around the grounds and that is when he did it.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:35 pm

I am curious about what kind of knife he had, especially if he was an escaped psych patient. Did he somehow get a Rambo style knife or did he believe that he could kill someone with a plastic knife taken from a cafeteria.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 10:12 pm

Floirada Man at it again.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 2:32 am

There is no information about the type of knife or where he got it.I would hazard a guess he bought or stole it from a store, probably a hunting style knife would be my guess.

I am surprised that the article gives do little information but it's apparent the secret service is trying to control information I would guess.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 3:28 am

Roger Hedgpeth, 25, approached a US Secret Service police officer on patrol and said, “I am here to assassinate President Donald Trump,” according to a DC Metropolitan Police Department arrest report obtained by CNN.

Please take a ticket sir and wait in line :lol:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 9:24 am

vermontsavant wrote:
There is no information about the type of knife or where he got it.I would hazard a guess he bought or stole it from a store, probably a hunting style knife would be my guess.

I am surprised that the article gives do little information but it's apparent the secret service is trying to control information I would guess.

I am not surprised that the article didn't specify. I was curious about it because if the guy was really as vulnerable as the article leaves me to believe, I wouldn't be surprised if he had the idea a plastic cafeteria knife would do the trick.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 11:49 am

He wasn't apparently to threatening to the secret service that's for.My personal guess is that he stole a knife from a Walmart or something.
Hopefully more will come out on this story.