Escaped mental patient wanted to assassinate Trump

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:09 am

cyberdad wrote:

To me that's more of a lingering concern why the US is crawling with rabid racists than whether one nutter presenting himself to be arrested over Trump

Australia doesn't exactly have the greatest record with the Aboriginals but I must admitt "crawling with rabid racists" is creative.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:20 am

I can not read that article because it has a blocking pop up saying I have to join.

However looking up info on The Telegraph aka The Daily Telegraph I see it being rated as right leaning. Media bias fact check has it at far right leaning.

So based on those two things I find myself wondering as usual if cyberdad actually read the article or if he just grabbed a headline.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:25 am

How would an Australian like it if I said that Sydney is "teeming with Bogans?"

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:25 am

EzraS wrote:
I can not read that article because it has a blocking pop up saying I have to join.

However looking up info on The Telegraph aka The Daily Telegraph I see it being rated as right leaning. Media bias fact check has it at far right leaning.

So based on those two things I find myself wondering as usual if cyberdad actually read the article or if he just grabbed a headline.
The article was found on CNN,I would google "man threatens Trump at whitehouse,CNN" that should give you the article.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 11:31 am

vermontsavant wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The article was found on CNN,I would google "man threatens Trump at whitehouse,CNN" that should give you the article.

The article cyberdad posted was about Obama during his presidency.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 6:05 pm

He escaped by the help of duct tape and pocket knife ;)

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 6:57 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

To me that's more of a lingering concern why the US is crawling with rabid racists than whether one nutter presenting himself to be arrested over Trump

Australia doesn't exactly have the greatest record with the Aboriginals but I must admitt "crawling with rabid racists" is creative.

A lot of stuff in this forum is creative...

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 7:16 pm

At least he was nuts. There are a lot of attacks where the people are sane. It does no good to present why Trump supporters are for Trump, it's too easy to fall back on bigots and phobics. Lefties like science until you turn it on them...

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 7:27 pm

EzraS wrote:

The propaganda arm of Barclays Bank?
(Well, until the brothers Barclay sold it a few months ago)
The most extreme right-wing national media outfit in the British Isles?
The one which journalists leave and join the red tops to maintain their integrity?

Most reliable source of information on the planet.
Never been caught hushing up international money laundering schemes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 10:03 pm

Karamazov wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The one which journalists leave and join the red tops to maintain their integrity?

I was not critiquing the thing. It just seemed strange to me that someone who is far left would be a paying subscriber to a publication described as right to far right.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 1:02 am

The source for this number in the UK Daily Telegraph is Ronald Kessler who is an American journalist who has researched and authored 21 books about the White House, U.S. Secret Service, FBI, and CIA. Seven of his books have appeared on The New York Times Best Seller list.

Since Obama was inaugurated on January 20, several individuals and groups have made threats against the life of the President. The rate of threats against Obama has surged by 400% from the 3,000 a year or so under former President George W Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the Presidents Secret Service.
Most of the threats to Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, are kept under wraps amid fears that revealing such details would only lead to more copycat attempts according to the FBI.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 4:08 am

EzraS wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I was not critiquing the thing. It just seemed strange to me that someone who is far left would be a paying subscriber to a publication described as right to far right.

Yes: but I was in a mischievous mood and chose to interject a few sarcy pot-shots at the Torygraph.

:D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 2:04 pm

Its actually a rather inane story. Crazy stuff like this happens all of the time regardless of who is POTUS. Hardly even newsworthy.

Some nutcase actually stole a Cessna 51 private airplane in 1994, and landed on the White House lawn when Clinton lived there.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 2:11 pm

Karamazov wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes: but I was in a mischievous mood and chose to interject a few sarcy pot-shots at the Torygraph.

:D

I must have read your post wrong. Sometimes I am posting on my phone in bed half asleep. That was funny.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 2:19 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Its actually a rather inane story. Crazy stuff like this happens all of the time regardless of who is POTUS. Hardly even newsworthy.

Some nutcase actually stole a Cessna 51 private airplane in 1994, and landed on the White House lawn when Clinton lived there.

It seemed to me like he was looking for a surefire way to get institutionalized. It is not always easy to get admitted. People come up with ways to get in or back in after their allotted time is up and they are released against their will.