Page 1 of 42 [ 661 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 1:12 pm

We all know the Republican-controlled senate is not going to vote him out of office and he may even win the next election, but this will forever be marked in American history books.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... index.html

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 7:50 pm

Anybody?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 8:27 pm

Possible future jeopardy question:

He's the only U.S. president to be re-elected following his impeachment ….

Be the hero of your life.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 8:34 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Got another one:

This president was responsible for the second American Civil War and World War 3

*buzz*

Who is Donald Trump? :D

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 8:41 pm

Interesting! I haven't been keeping up with that sort of thing; the radio is on the fritz again. But I didn't know Trump had already almost gotten impeached.

The article seemed a bit triumphal, eh? I thought (for what it's worth) that all presidents found their way to history. Trump would definitely have found a way to history in the same way that Andrew Johnson did, folllowing after Lincoln. Obama was historic for being the first nonwhite president (I have a hard time seeing how they get "black" out of "coffee-and-cream" complexions. Then again, Trump is orange and everyone thinks he's white.) And Trump comes after Obama so he would get remembered.

So the thing was a bit silly to say it was the definitive way Trump would be cementing a place in history. But it was commonsense enough to report that the Democrats certainly did pass articles of impeachment.

Guess we'll see what comes of this.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 1:01 am

He hasn't been impeached yet.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 6:48 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

He is the only President to be impeached twice.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 10:21 am

The Grand Jury is still in session.

No indictment (impeachment) yet.

The House is the Grand Jury. The Senate will be the Judge.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 3:00 pm

The senate won't convict.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 6:04 pm

In the past 3 years I wonder what else they've done besides trying to nail trump. It seems like that's been their full time job.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 6:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Grand Jury is still in session.

No indictment (impeachment) yet.

The House is the Grand Jury. The Senate will be the Judge.

No, no, it's not! I want to keep going on about how what's going on in the House is a kangaroo trial and thus they're a bunch of traitors! (/sarc)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
In the past 3 years I wonder what else they've done besides trying to nail trump. It seems like that's been their full time job.

Here ya go:

Quote:
House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977735 ... rats-trump

Quote:
For months, President Donald Trump has fired off tweet missives accusing House Democrats of “getting nothing done in Congress,” and being consumed with impeachment.

Trump may want to look to the Republican-controlled Senate instead. Democrats in the House have been passing bills at a rapid clip; as of November 15, the House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions. But the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee estimates 80 percent of those bill have hit a snag in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is prioritizing confirming judges over passing bills.

Congress has passed just 70 bills into law this year. Granted, it still has one more year in its term, but the number pales in comparison to recent past sessions of Congress, which typically see 300-500 bills passed in two years (and that is even a diminished number from the 700-800 bills passed in the 1970s and 1980s).

Ten of those 70 bills this year have been renaming federal post offices or Veterans Affairs facilities, and many others are related to appropriations or extending programs like the National Flood Insurance Program or the 9/11 victim compensation fund.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 11:27 pm

Even if Trump survives impeachment, I think the general public has been made aware of how dirty he and his henchmen are, and how blindly partisan his defenders are. Reelection may be out of reach.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 11:30 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Interesting! I haven't been keeping up with that sort of thing; the radio is on the fritz again. But I didn't know Trump had already almost gotten impeached.

The article seemed a bit triumphal, eh? I thought (for what it's worth) that all presidents found their way to history. Trump would definitely have found a way to history in the same way that Andrew Johnson did, folllowing after Lincoln. Obama was historic for being the first nonwhite president (I have a hard time seeing how they get "black" out of "coffee-and-cream" complexions. Then again, Trump is orange and everyone thinks he's white.) And Trump comes after Obama so he would get remembered.

So the thing was a bit silly to say it was the definitive way Trump would be cementing a place in history. But it was commonsense enough to report that the Democrats certainly did pass articles of impeachment.

Guess we'll see what comes of this.

Americans of mixed race, with one parent of African descent, have always been labeled black. It's much more a matter of cultural perception than actual physical characteristics.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 11:38 pm

Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey is planning to switch parties to become a Republican over outrage over Democrat impeachment efforts.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-v ... rty-switch

Be the hero of your life.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 12:04 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Here ya go:

Quote:
House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977735 ... rats-trump

Quote:
For months, President Donald Trump has fired off tweet missives accusing House Democrats of “getting nothing done in Congress,” and being consumed with impeachment.

Trump may want to look to the Republican-controlled Senate instead. Democrats in the House have been passing bills at a rapid clip; as of November 15, the House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions. But the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee estimates 80 percent of those bill have hit a snag in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is prioritizing confirming judges over passing bills.

Congress has passed just 70 bills into law this year. Granted, it still has one more year in its term, but the number pales in comparison to recent past sessions of Congress, which typically see 300-500 bills passed in two years (and that is even a diminished number from the 700-800 bills passed in the 1970s and 1980s).

Ten of those 70 bills this year have been renaming federal post offices or Veterans Affairs facilities, and many others are related to appropriations or extending programs like the National Flood Insurance Program or the 9/11 victim compensation fund.

If only Vox, Slate, Salon etc were credible sources.

But my question was rhetorical. The point of it is that trump investigations and hearings are what seem to be the lion's share of what they've been putting their time and energy into for years.