Gun Rights Provocateur triggers students at alma mater

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 4:42 am

i wish everybody would just turn their backs on that flashy sociopath.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:15 am

Shabrem wrote:
Ultimately, it's a win-win situation. Both sides get something out of the transaction.

They might win but we lose.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
Alleged violence given we only have dear little Kaitlin's claims she was assaulted. She is trying to pull a Nick Sandmann to get publicity calling on her hero Donald Trump to close the university. The students protesting against the little rat are aware she is raising her profile as a racist, homophobe, transphobe and holocaust denier. They are just exercising their "democratic right" to protest her blatant publicity stunt.

There really is no comparison between Bennett and Sandmann. Sandmann is a teenager Bennett is an adult. The only "evidence" that Sandmann is alt right was that he wore a MAGA hat. Bennett's alt right word view is right out there to see. The only "evidence" of Sandmann being a provocateur is a smirk, Bennett has been doing this for a few years now.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Alleged violence given we only have dear little Kaitlin's claims she was assaulted. She is trying to pull a Nick Sandmann to get publicity calling on her hero Donald Trump to close the university. The students protesting against the little rat are aware she is raising her profile as a racist, homophobe, transphobe and holocaust denier. They are just exercising their "democratic right" to protest her blatant publicity stunt.

There really is no comparison between Bennett and Sandmann. Sandmann is a teenager Bennett is an adult. The only "evidence" that Sandmann is alt right was that he wore a MAGA hat. Bennett's alt right word view is right out there to see. The only "evidence" of Sandmann being a provocateur is a smirk, Bennett has been doing this for a few years now.

Sandmann and Kaitlin both used publicity over their MAGA connections (Sandmann got trump's approval and Kaitlin was bending over backwards to plead with Trump to act on her behalf) to gain some type of advantage, that was my only point.

Not surprising given Trump attracts deplorables

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sandmann and Kaitlin both used publicity over their MAGA connections (Sandmann got trump's approval and Kaitlin was bending over backwards to plead with Trump to act on her behalf) to gain some type of advantage, that was my only point.

Not surprising given Trump attracts deplorables

Bennett might have had a more connections to the Trump administration than a hat and tweets
Quote:
According to a post on her personal Facebook page, Bennett was recently invited to the White House for an invitation-only West Wing tour. She claims that the White House media team voiced their support for her work, which is published through Liberty Hangout and Infowars.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 7:05 am

so many people prostituting themselves for a taste of earthly power. early power is counterfeit and fugitive, but too many just don't get that.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 9:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
And as far as principles go, you seem to share an awful lot of them with the sort of people that would, under other cultural circumstances, support throwing acid in women's faces for failing to meet your moral standards.

ummm no not really. You have a rather over active projections

Projection would imply that I'm attributing things to you that I'm guilty of myself. This is self-evidently not the case. And when someone calls you on celebrating political violence and the best retort you can come up with is
"no, you!", I think it's time for a bit of self-reflection.

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2020, 5:23 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Shabrem wrote:
Ultimately, it's a win-win situation. Both sides get something out of the transaction.

And by "we" you mean who?

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2020, 5:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Wearing a MAGA cap doesn't indicate someone is aligned to the alt.right. It suggests the person is a Trump supporter.
The smirk is politically neutral and extremely mild when you consider that Sandmann was the one who was being accosted and was just standing there.You are right, no comparison at all.
Bennett, on the other hand, is clearly an alt.right activist, imo.

Last edited by Shabrem on 21 Feb 2020, 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shabrem
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2020, 5:38 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
And as far as principles go, you seem to share an awful lot of them with the sort of people that would, under other cultural circumstances, support throwing acid in women's faces for failing to meet your moral standards.

Projection would imply that I'm attributing things to you that I'm guilty of myself. This is self-evidently not the case. And when someone calls you on celebrating political violence and the best retort you can come up with is

Different people have different levels. Tag and release is my suggestion here.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:39 pm

Thank goodness I live in a country that doesn't allow this kind of provocative behaviour, and in a culture still bound together by social cohesion.

Lose social cohesion, and all hell starts to break loose.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:56 pm

B19 wrote:
Thank goodness I live in a country that doesn't allow this kind of provocative behaviour, and in a culture still bound together by social cohesion.

There are certainly lessons for us in Australia and NZ of that the utter madness in the US could easily spill over into our borders. If you get a chance watch the 4 Corners program on how the US NRA is trying to interfere in Australian politics to install pro-gun people in out parliament. The NRA is a highly devious organisation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 6:01 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

The justice I was picking up on was the "Zeitgeist" of the protestors that pouring a beverage over this woman would be highly amusing and a good lesson. I wasn't justifying scalding her or injuring her which is more atypical of gun toting right wingers like the ones eventually arrested in Charlottesville.

The right wing is on the move throughout the western world and I for one will join other concerned citizens to make sure women like this never step on our shores here in Australia.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 6:28 pm

I for one would like to join other concerned citizens, and block those who believe throwing things at other people is "highly amusing and a good lesson" from ever stepping on our shores or our way of life in America.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 6:55 pm

Shabrem wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Wearing a MAGA cap doesn't indicate someone is aligned to the alt.right. It suggests the person is a Trump supporter.
The smirk is politically neutral and extremely mild when you consider that Sandmann was the one who was being accosted and was just standing there.You are right, no comparison at all.
Bennett, on the other hand, is clearly an alt.right activist, imo.

Exactly
Shabrem wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Shabrem wrote:

And by "we" you mean who?

Americans who are not them as civil discourse and democratic norms continue to get torn down piece by piece.

I have been looking at what the SJW’s have been saying in twitterland. There are endless celebratory posts about driving her off campus and constant, juvenile mocking diaper, poo references. They have got it totally wrong, they were the ones who were played and they have no clue. She with with their unwitting help has made herself a martyr to the alt right, a sympathetic figure to people who don’t know much about her, and both sides are just as bad to a lot of us who do. This is infuriating, she deserves no sympathy or respect.

Endless escalating public confrontations where you can’t tell the bad from the worse leads to desire for a strong man. That is how the Nazis, the alt right’s political ancestors gained power some 90 odd years ago.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 21 Feb 2020, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 7:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:

There are certainly lessons for us in Australia and NZ of that the utter madness in the US could easily spill over into our borders. If you get a chance watch the 4 Corners program on how the US NRA is trying to interfere in Australian politics to install pro-gun people in out parliament. The NRA is a highly devious organisation.

I get the impression that Scomo, if he was in the USA as a citizen, would be wearing a MAGA hat. I think Hell would freeze over before Jacinda would! Though like any democracies we have left and right thinkers, NZ is still basically centrist. Trump's intention to divide and rule is seen transparently here, though no country is totally immune.

My eyebrows shot up to my hairline when I read a book called "How to Lose a Country" recently, which used Turkey as an example of the manipulations and devious tactics used by Erdogan, and traced this pattern to other countries like the USA. It was the most coherent analysis I have come across to date. I felt immense sadness as I read and recognised the manipulations the author described by divide and rule leaders.