Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 6:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Okay ... so he's a victim of the Social Justice / Political Correctness Police ... and being distraught over his wife's cancer diagnosis is a reasonable cause for prescription addiction ... and maybe he's not really a bad person for being a Canadian ... but, c'mon; a Jungian psychotherapist?

I could get better advice from a bartender.

Yup, he is fighting, on our behalf, against SJW irrationals.
He has had anxiety difficulties for some time, as a result of being thrust into the spotlight, while fighting for individual rights of expression. He is one of the good guys, overall. A pity about his religious bent.

Regarding him being Canadian:
Well, no one is perfect. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 6:33 pm

beneficii wrote:
Me, I thought Jordan Peterson was interesting for awhile, then I saw him engage in whataboutery with Western feminists here and was majorly turned off:

Of course, you were. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 6:41 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Yes, because the best and most genuine "respect" is the type that's compelled by force of law.

That is axiomatic. Errr. 8O <irony>

I meant to say, no, that is not correct.
But hang on, you were being disingenuous,
So, yes, I agree with your disingenuousness.
My head hurts. :(

Peterson is in favour of individualism, yes, but not collectivism.
I support him for that. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 6:56 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
It seems like the more an as*hole conservative type who preaches personal responsibility and family values the more likely they will do things that go against their own beliefs.

Conservatives are human too, yes. :wink:

Thanks for your compassionate contribution.
Progressives are known for that. :mrgreen:

Before you get all huffy.
I am not getting emotionalistic and attacking you.
That is your department. :P
I am simply pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of your position.

It is quite ironic that while you are calling someone a hypocrite,
You are not showing any sympathy for a person who is suffering anxiety in general and now has to cope with his wife having cancer.
Isn't compassion the "shtick" of the progressives? 8O :wink:

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 7:01 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-37875695

Quote:
"If the standard transsexual person wants to be regarded as he or she, my sense is I'll address you according to the part that you appear to be playing," he said

Quote:
His employers have warned that, while they support his right to academic freedom and free speech, he could run afoul of the Ontario Human Rights code and his faculty responsibilities should he refuse to use alternative pronouns when requested

Quote:
Dr Peterson could face sanction under Ontario's human rights code, which extended protection to trans people in 2012.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:32 pm

Pepe wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
It seems like the more an as*hole conservative type who preaches personal responsibility and family values the more likely they will do things that go against their own beliefs.

You are not showing any sympathy for a person who is suffering anxiety in general and now has to cope with his wife having cancer.

1. I believe it was Charlie Sykes, a conservative, who said that we have to learn to deal with hypocrisy. I guess we both have to learn to deal with it.

2. I do not have compassion or really tolerance towards those who perpetuate intolerance. Example: I don't tolerate neo-nazis.

3. Conservatives would say that I'm owed nothing in life correct? I'm entitled to nothing correct? So, why do I owe this guy anything as well? I guess this is another bit of hypocrisy I will have to learn to deal with.

4. Where is the personal responsibility on his part? Shouldn't he have been monitoring his own prescription drug usage? And, if he is giving that his wife has cancer for the reason for his drug usage then isn't he just "making excuses?"

5. Point is as*holes like him and other conservatives would be saying if similar things happened to me (especially if I couldn't afford the medical care for my wife) that I'm owed nothing, don't look for a handout, don't make excuses, where is the personal responsibility and why didn't you save up for a rainy day?

6. He's making excuses and his daughter is making excuses and is demanding our sympathy and empathy. Why? Why do I owe him this if his attitude is that he owes me and others nothing?

7. What is good for the goose is for the gander right? All is fair in love and war right? I guess not. Conservatives love to give themselves free passes.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:54 pm

Peterson is an ass. The LGBTQ community has rights the same as anyone else. And especially in a university setting - diversity and inclusivity and feeling safe should be paramount. It's about the students, not profs. The days of the good ole boys in charge are numbered.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:59 pm

I did just a little looking tonight. This very short video seems to me that it sums up his reason for his refusal to abide by the appropriation of his free speech. He says in this video as in others I watched that he does not have an issue with trans people wanting to be called by different pronouns on a personal level. His issue is not that the government is compelling people under the penalty of law to use many different gender pronouns; his issue is the compelling of speech as a general concept because it's a horribly slippery slope and gender pronouns happened to be the circumstance under which the government is ordering people to speak in a certain way.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 12:05 am

It that's the hill he wishes to die on, so be it.
He can attempt to reframe it so it doesn't sound as horrible, but at the end of the day he's still that as*hole who feels the need to antagonize transgender students over something that's almost irrelevant for the one asked but clearly significant for the person asking.

He'll continue to be that guy until he makes an attempt to no longer be that guy.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 3:08 am

I guess his alt-right fanboys will need to go back to masturbating over Anne Coulter

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 3:27 am

I don't buy his s**t or theirs. Pandering to all that ze, ve nonsense is like signing your freedom away.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 4:41 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

1. I believe it was Charlie Sykes, a conservative, who said that we have to learn to deal with hypocrisy. I guess we both have to learn to deal with it.

2. I do not have compassion or really tolerance towards those who perpetuate intolerance. Example: I don't tolerate neo-nazis.

3. Conservatives would say that I'm owed nothing in life correct? I'm entitled to nothing correct? So, why do I owe this guy anything as well? I guess this is another bit of hypocrisy I will have to learn to deal with.

4. Where is the personal responsibility on his part? Shouldn't he have been monitoring his own prescription drug usage? And, if he is giving that his wife has cancer for the reason for his drug usage then isn't he just "making excuses?"

5. Point is as*holes like him and other conservatives would be saying if similar things happened to me (especially if I couldn't afford the medical care for my wife) that I'm owed nothing, don't look for a handout, don't make excuses, where is the personal responsibility and why didn't you save up for a rainy day?

6. He's making excuses and his daughter is making excuses and is demanding our sympathy and empathy. Why? Why do I owe him this if his attitude is that he owes me and others nothing?

7. What is good for the goose is for the gander right? All is fair in love and war right? I guess not. Conservatives love to give themselves free passes.

Wow.
So you are putting Jordan Peterson in the same basket as neo-nazis.
I guess there is no point in further discussion. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 4:44 am

domineekee wrote:
I don't buy his s**t or theirs. Pandering to all that ze, ve nonsense is like signing your freedom away.

I'm staggered at how some people hate his guts.
I'm sorry I started this thread, now. 8O

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 5:06 am

Pepe wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Wow.
So you are putting Jordan Peterson in the same basket as neo-nazis.
I guess there is no point in further discussion. 8O

Did you actually read carefully what I said? No where did I put him in the same basket.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Apr 2020, 10:33 am

Locked by request.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/