QAnon believes Trump to return on March 4, 2021.

Page 1 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 9:36 am

Link to Article 

According to the article, this conspiracy theory is apparently rooted in the false belief that an 1871 law turned the U.S. of A. into a corporation -- and that any president elected after that is illegitimate.  The last president to be sworn in before that law passed was Ulysses S. Grant on March 4, 1869.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 4:40 pm

Trump's DC hotel is hiking prices for March 4...

QAnon's most dedicated followers still believe that former President Donald Trump will soon be sworn in.  They insist that Trump will return to power and be inaugurated in Washington, DC, on March 4.  Coincidentally, the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, has hiked the prices of suites around that day. Some room rates at the hotel, just blocks from the White House, have almost tripled for March 3 and 4.

While a deluxe-king room would usually cost $476 to $596 around March, the price for March 3 and 4 this year was $1,331 per night.  The price hike appeared to be exclusive to the Trump International Hotel.  Other luxury hotels around the White House appeared to have standard rates for March 3 and 4.

This would not be the first time that a Trump hotel had raised its rates to coincide with a political event.  On January 5 and 6, Trump International raised its rates significantly.  On the night of the deadly insurrection at the Capitol, the cheapest room was about $8,000, Forbes reported.  On January 7, the hotel's managing director said the in-room-dining team had "record breaking numbers".

Source:
 This Business Insider Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 4:44 pm

I would have guessed the first day in April...

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 4:58 pm

Jiheisho wrote:

It would have to be before 12PM on that day. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 4:59 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
That would make more sense.  However, even the Sovereign Citizen Movement and a few Evangelical Christians believe March 4 is THE date for the triumphal return of their "Chosen One".

Source:
 This Newsweek Article 

Reuters News Service does an exceptionally detailed debunking and in-depth fact-check of QAnon's claims  Here 

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 5:12 pm

I predict a national increase in disappointment on March 5th...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 6:57 pm

March 4th was the original inauguration date in the constitution. It was changed to January 20th in the 1930s by the 20th Amendment.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 6:59 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
March 4th was the original inauguration date in the constitution. It was changed to January 20th in the 1930s by the 20th Amendment.

Or the corporation that America was transferred to 1871. (Depending on who you ask...)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 10:06 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Or the corporation that America was transferred to 1871. (Depending on who you ask...)
With that date in mind, I located the full text of the "Organic Act" which established the District of Columbia.

Here Is the Link to the Downloadable PDF 

A lot of it is in 150-year old legalese, but the term "Body Corporate" is often taken out of context by those claiming the US was made into a business corporation, when the term only defines the District of Columbia as having the same rights and responsibilities as any other corporate body; e.g., "an organization such as a company or government that is considered to have its own legal rights and responsibilities."

Of course, armchair lawyers not fully versed in Legalese will twist these words to mean anything they want them to mean, and will often file meaningless claims under their subjective definitions, only to see those claims laughed out of court.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 10:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
With that date in mind, I located the full text of the "Organic Act" which established the District of Columbia.

A lot of it is in 150-year old legalese, but the term "Body Corporate" is often taken out of context by those claiming the US was made into a business corporation, when the term only defines the District of Columbia as having the same rights and responsibilities as any other corporate body; e.g., "an organization such as a company or government that is considered to have its own legal rights and responsibilities."

Of course, armchair lawyers not fully versed in Legalese will twist these words to mean anything they want them to mean, and will often file meaningless claims under their subjective definitions, only to see those claims laughed out of court.

Thanks for getting the original source. That is interesting how far people go to support this stuff. I am just wondering who they think will prepare for the inauguration on March 4th...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 5:33 am

Jiheisho wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Thanks for getting the original source. That is interesting how far people go to support this stuff. I am just wondering who they think will prepare for the inauguration on March 4th...

Probably the Great Pumpkin. Or the Tooth Fairy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 9:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
Probably the Great Pumpkin...
Here ya go...

:D

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 2:40 pm

It's so funny watching right-wingers try to come up with these pseudo-legalist arguments. They know better than to try moral or actual legal arguments at least.

It's like doomsday predictors. They insist emphatically that the day of reckoning is upon us until the day comes and goes. Then it turns out they miscalculated and the real day is later on. They'll be bumping back that date for a while at this rate.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 3:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
Probably the Great Pumpkin...
Here ya go...

:D

Hilarious :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 3:31 pm

Here is the link to the full story.  Enjoy!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 12:06 pm

March 4, 2021 is only 7 days away, so it seems fitting that the followers of QAnon would jump on anything they could cite as "evidence" to "prove" QAnon's prophesy about Trump returning to power and becoming the 19th "real" president of the United States.

A tweet from two days ago originating from the U.S. Marshal's office used a purely historical reference to President-elect Abraham Lincoln's arrival in the District of Columbia on February 23, 1861, in the company of U.S. Marshal Ward Hill Lamon, ahead of Lincoln's first inauguration.  QAnon's followers jumped on the tweet and hailed it as de facto evidence of a March 4 inauguration.

The tweet read as follows: "On February 23, 1861, President-Elect Abraham Lincoln quietly slipped into Washington, D.C. to prepare for his inauguration on March 4. Accompanying him was U.S. Marshal Ward Hill Lamon (D/DC), a friend and former law partner."

Source #1:
 This Newsweek Article 

Source #2:  This Twitter Page 

:lol: