Elon Musk: Gee Whiz that sounds like what an Aspie would say

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 7:43 pm

Can we please translate everything Musk says into ruthless capitalism?
Musk has a bet running with the Tesla comoany in which he gets billions if he achieves a certain revenue by the mid of the year or so. I forgot the details.

But the stuff he says makes no sense, unless he's actually saying something else.

"Tesla shares are overvalued" = I want to buy some more, and I don't want to pay all that money to some random people trying to "invest" in the stock market.

"Measures to spread a deadly virus are fascist"= get back to work on the assembly line!

Freedom= buy stuff! Everything is fine! Revenue!

Also: physical possessions tie you down? Does that matter at 40 billion net worth?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 12:07 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Can we please translate everything Musk says into ruthless capitalism?
Musk has a bet running with the Tesla comoany in which he gets billions if he achieves a certain revenue by the mid of the year or so. I forgot the details.

I was unaware of any bet? Perhaps you can site a source. What I did find in a quick search of the Internet is a number of people who actually organized together to constantly bash Musk and his electric vehicle company. They short list his companies stocks and then spread malicious attacks against his companies to drive the stock prices down and thereby reap a undeserved windfall. They call themselves $TSLAQ. They are IMHO bottom feeders. They are trying to drive his company bankrupt and make an undeserved profit in the process.

Source: The Tesla Skeptics Who Bet Against Elon Musk

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 12:13 pm

Leftist politicians trying to drive Musk out of business in California, and of course destroying the lives of his employees in the process, because their own hate is more important than someone else's life.

There Are Four Lights!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 May 2020, 12:16 pm

Who is Lorena Gonzalez?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 12:21 pm

magz wrote:
Who is Lorena Gonzalez?

Left-wing California state politician who has already destroyed large numbers of jobs for freelance workers across the state.

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2020, 7:06 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/ivankatrump/ ... 5963736064

MUSK: Take the red pill
IVANKA TRUMP: Taken!
LILLY WACHOWSKI: f**k both of you

I never thought about what the Wachowskis must think about the red pill meme. It must drive them up the wall!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2020, 11:03 am

Who is Lilly Wachowski? Looked it up on the Internet.

Matrix filmmakers, formerly known as Larry and Andy Wachowski (the Wachowski Brothers), are now the Wachowski Sisters. Almost four years ago, Larry (now Lana) Wachowski came out as a transgender and shocked the world. Now, walking the same path, Andy (known as Lilly) has announced that he is a transgender.

["Take the red pill" is a line from the popular 1999 movie “The Matrix” about seeking the unvarnished truth: "You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

More recently, it's been slang for people abandoning the ways of liberalism for the values of conservatism. People of all ages and ethnicities posted online videos describing "red pill moments" — personal awakenings that have caused them to reject leftist narratives imbibed since childhood from friends, teachers, and the news and entertainment media.]

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 4:07 am

Musk continues to have fun on his Twitter poking the hornet's nest with another tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/sta ... wgr5etweet

Cancel cancel culture? Now that I can fully get behind! :) :mrgreen: 8)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 6:14 pm

Elon Musk child is currently undergoing name changes. I'm LOST!

Grimes and Elon Musk left fans perplexed earlier this month when they revealed they named their newborn son X Æ A-12.

The child's new name is "X Æ A-Xii.”

She told a fan the couple replaced the number 12 from his name with roman numerals instead. California only accepts the use of the 26 letters in the English alphabet for baby names.

According to the outlet, the new mom previously took to Twitter and explained the X represents "the unknown variable” and "Æ, my elven spelling of Ai (love &/or Artificial intelligence).” She also shared that part of the name is a tribute to the CIA’s Lockheed A-12 reconnaissance plane, which has “no weapons, no defenses, just speed. Great in battle, but non-violent.” As for the “A,” it represents “Archangel,” which is her “favorite song” and the number “12” represented the Chinese zodiac sign of the rat.

Musk said the X is spoken “like the letter” while "the 'Æ' is pronounced like ‘ash.’” Grimes is calling the child by a nickname "Little X." She also plans on using the nickname “Ex - Eye.”

Source: Grimes reveals nickname of newborn son she shares with Elon Musk after changing unique moniker

---------------------------

This all reminds me of the following song:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 6:14 pm

Elon Musk child is currently undergoing name changes. I'm LOST!

Grimes and Elon Musk left fans perplexed earlier this month when they revealed they named their newborn son X Æ A-12.

The child's new name is "X Æ A-Xii.”

She told a fan the couple replaced the number 12 from his name with roman numerals instead. California only accepts the use of the 26 letters in the English alphabet for baby names.

According to the outlet, the new mom previously took to Twitter and explained the X represents "the unknown variable” and "Æ, my elven spelling of Ai (love &/or Artificial intelligence).” She also shared that part of the name is a tribute to the CIA’s Lockheed A-12 reconnaissance plane, which has “no weapons, no defenses, just speed. Great in battle, but non-violent.” As for the “A,” it represents “Archangel,” which is her “favorite song” and the number “12” represented the Chinese zodiac sign of the rat.

Musk said the X is spoken “like the letter” while "the 'Æ' is pronounced like ‘ash.’” Grimes is calling the child by a nickname "Little X." She also plans on using the nickname “Ex - Eye.”

Source: Grimes reveals nickname of newborn son she shares with Elon Musk after changing unique moniker

---------------------------

This all reminds me of the following song:

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 5:59 am

Guess who can look forward to being bullied as "Rat Boy" at school. Dirty Rat... :roll:

On the other hand, "X" isn't a bad nickname. Mr X. 8)

But why the rat of all signs? :?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm

The stuff about selling all possessions and outrage over the global pandemic response doesn't sound like anything this aspie would say.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2020, 7:04 am

Skilpadde wrote:
The stuff about selling all possessions and outrage over the global pandemic response doesn't sound like anything this aspie would say.

I think many Aspies toy with the idea of becoming a hermit. I suspect many people living in Alaska have chased this dream. [There is probably a high percentage of Aspies in that state. People who just want to be left alone. I once dreamed about buying a sailboat and sailing around the world. I had a friend who owned a small sailboat. Every time I got in this mood, I would go to sea with him for a day. And then decide that the sailor's life is not for me. Besides my wife is deadly afraid of water. She almost drown once being sucked into a whirlpool.

Instead I decided to go the early settlers route. Buy a chuck of land and then build my own homestead from scratch.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 8:22 am

Back onto the topic of weird baby names. For those that don't know, the final say in selecting baby's name resides with the mother. During the wee hours of the night in the hospital when the dad is not around, they come up to the new mother and ask her what name she has chosen. They document the name in the records and that is it. It is done.

The reason why is because dads have a tendency to select crazy names. Here is an article on point:

“My husband and his parents are all math geniuses and wanted [our son’s] name to include some math reference.” “My husband was like ‘um, yeah. I was thinking Cube.’ Like a Rubik Cube,” the poster wrote. “I thought he was joking but he was serious.” “I told him that was the stupidest name ever. He told me to think of it as ‘Cute.’ I told him I’d rather name him Sweater before Cube,” the post concluded.

The new father posted his ideas on Reddit and received some of the following replies:

“LOL… who names their kid Cube, what a block head.”

“Literally hundreds of famous mathmeticians [sic] to choose from and they choose the Rubik's Cube, which has almost nothing to do with math at all.”

“You’d have to travel to the four corners of the world to find a stupider name.”

“Cube is the weirdest name I've ever heard, ... a lifetime of bullying.”

Source: Expecting parent complains on Reddit about husband's baby name choice: 'Stupidest name ever'