Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:44 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think this reminds me of the Amy Cooper case in that these murderers were caught in the act so those bending over backwards trying to defend them are invoking the "what if" and "hypothetically" argument to try and remove the factor of race from the equation.

Alternatively, it could be people who have been the victim of racist attack trying to demonstrate that there are more options than a pavlovian "racism" dog-whistle in any multi-racial interaction...

Which victim of racist attack are you referring to?

That would have been myself - the most recent occurence was on this site, and even when made aware of it, the poster saw nothing wrong in what they had posted.

Thankfully the moderators removed that part of their post (but not the poster, sadly, from what I can tell).

Would you be willing to give more details? I don't want to put you through it all over again though, so don't if it's upsetting; feel free to pm.

He may be talking about me...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 6:06 am

cyberdad wrote:

Would you be willing to give more details?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 1:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well it's not really a secret. He's been attacking me personally for my posts rather than debating the content, I told him to
f-off and play the ball not the man. He's whining now that I attacked him.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 7:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well it's not really a secret. He's been attacking me personally for my posts rather than debating the content, I told him to
f-off and play the ball not the man. He's whining now that I attacked him.

Welcome to WP, you must be new here. :mrgreen:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う