9 Year Old Autistic Boy Abducted and Killed

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 7:20 pm

I tracked down another account of the incident.

The boy’s mother, Patricia Ripley, 47, told police she was driving with her son Thursday night at about 8:47 p.m. when she noticed she was being followed by a car she didn’t recognize, a Miami-Dade police report says.

“The driver of the unknown vehicle attempted to side-swipe her vehicle, forcing her to veer onto SW 158 Avenue,” the report says.

“The vehicle then blocked her in while a male passenger ambushed her, demanding drugs,” it says.

The child was wearing a blue Captain America shirt, black shorts and black Crocs.

“We are very, very sad," Boris Ugartechea, a neighbor and friend of the family, told CBS Miami. Ugartechea described Alejandro as "a very, very happy kid. He was always playing, doing something with his little laptop."

Early Friday, the boy's body was found near a lake at the Miccosukee Golf and Country Club, not far from where he had been abducted, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

Source: 9-Year-Old Fla. Boy with Autism Was Allegedly Kidnapped in Front of Mom, Found Dead the Next Day

The mother was driving a van, not a car. She was driving down the road when a car tried to sideswipe her van. As a result she tried to flee by changing directions, but the suspects then block her van and ambushed her. Apparently, the news crew spoke to a Home Depot employee who relayed the story of what happened. So this incident must have occurred near a Home Depot. So it is not certain if the Home Depot employee was an eye witness or not.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 7:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The two men allegedly followed the victim and his mother verbally demanding drugs prior to getting into their cars

These men sound like little children.

Kidnapper: "Give me candy!"

Mom: No candy.

Kidnapper (again) "Give me candy!"

Kidnapper: (again) "Give me candy!"

It's amazing these men never think to ask for money.

Be the hero of your life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:03 pm

Other news accounts state:

The boy's body was found floating in a lake in southwest Miami-Dade

The body had been found in a canal near the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club at Southwest 138th Court and 62nd Street.

Ripley also told police there were two abductors. One, she said, was dressed in all black and had his face covered by a bandanna. She claimed the man had corn rows. [Cornrows or braids, also called canerows in the Caribbean, are a style of hair braiding, in which the hair is braided very close to the scalp, using an underhand, upward motion to make a continuous, raised row. Cornrows are often formed in simple, straight lines, as the name implies, but they can also be formed in elaborate geometric or curvilinear designs. Depending on the region of the world, cornrows are worn by men or women, or both, and are sometimes adorned with beads, hair cuffs or cowry shells.]

Ripley and her husband and other family members, however, remained at police headquarters late Friday afternoon, where they continued to be interviewed by homicide detectives, said Miami-Dade police spokesman Christopher Sowerby-Thomas. And a source familiar with the investigation said a security camera at a Home Depot near where the alleged abduction took place showed Ripley sitting in her car alone — without Alejandro — for 20 minutes before she called police at 8:47 p.m.

Police said they arrived within two minutes.

Still several unanswered questions. It they stole her cell phone, whose phone did she use to call the police.

This is probably a story that will flesh out in the next few days. Probably need to keep an eye on it.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:06 pm

***This is a public service announcement***

As a reminder, muggers do not want your money, they only want drugs! Remember that Capsaicin is a legal chemical that physically resembles crystal meth. It also helps in identifying your attacker via the mechanism of causing severe chemical burns when smoked, snorted or injected. Remember to always keep an ounce or two in your pocket sealed securely in 8-ply or thicker plastic bags incase drugs are demanded by an attacker.

Last edited by Bravo5150 on 22 May 2020, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:07 pm

Oops, accidental double post.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:40 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I don't believe the story.

Who takes drugs to Home Depot?

Why would anyone suspect she has drugs?

Why would a druggie abduct a child?

Why would these druggies ask for "drugs" and not be specific about the type of drugs they want?

That can't be how they talk.

In theory they might have recognized her as someone involved in the same industry (or affiliated with another person) and kidnapped the kid to exert pressure on their ops. If they're not addicts they wouldn't demand a specific drug because it's not for personal use, it's to stay in business until their plug comes through with more and can resupply them. If it was revenge with the robbery being the preferred method, executing the hostage would have basically been them realizing they weren't going to get what they wanted and basically 'whatever, get rid of the evidence and move on'.

That's the only hypothesis that addresses the points your BS detector caught. I might have been a little closer to that field of work at points in my life than other posters on here.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:49 pm

So people now think this is another Susan Smith and the drug robery was just a rouse.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 8:56 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
So people now think this is another Susan Smith and the drug robery was just a rouse.

I hope not, one would think people would be more sensitive to how horrible that excuse was for her to use.

That said, I certainly wouldn't rule it out either. We can be difficult to deal with, but killing your kid and blaming 'those scary brown folks' isn't an acceptable way of dealing with it even if you also have ASD and shouldn't be responsible for raising a child. (obviously there's many parents with ASD who do fine, I'm not suggesting we can't be parents, only that for some it might be impossible even if it was desired)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 10:09 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Exactly! in what universe do two drug addicts accost a mother and her 9 yr old for drugs and run off with somebodies child?

Two alternative scenarios come to mind

1. The mother is a user and she owed money to her dealer (this would make sense then why the poor boy was taken)
2, The mother hired two hitmen to abduct her autistic son so as to make it look like a kidnapping (this wouldn't the first time).

I really hope its not number 2.....either way the mother's story does not add up.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 12:17 am

Here is the police twitter account ... lots of skeptical comments ...

some comments say a camera caught her sitting in her car 20 mins before calling police
some say she already confessed

https://twitter.com/fdlepio/status/1263 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 12:38 am

This just posted facebook page linked to the Miami Herald article
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... wTtj6sGWag
Miami-Dade police spokesman Christopher Sowerby-Thomas. And a source familiar with the investigation said a security camera at a Home Depot near where the alleged abduction took place showed Ripley sitting in her car alone — without Alejandro — for 20 minutes before she called police at 8:47 p.m.
Police said they arrived within two minutes.
MIami-Dade County court records hint that Alejandro may have attended a West Kendall special needs school called Greater Heights Academy. The court records show the school sued Patricia Ripley in 2016 over about $4,100 in unpaid tuition for her son. The case settled months later after mediation. Social media posts indicate that Alejandro has a 21-year-old brother.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 12:44 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The two men allegedly followed the victim and his mother verbally demanding drugs prior to getting into their cars

These men sound like little children.

Kidnapper: "Give me candy!"

Kidnapper (again) "Give me candy!"

Kidnapper: (again) "Give me candy!"

Kidnapper: Starts to open the door for my child

Me: Beats the living tar out of them before they touch said child

Kidnapper: Tries to undo child's seatbelt

Me: Kills kidnapper or gets killed in the process

There's no way the kidnapper and I would both stay alive.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 2:48 am

Bravo5150 wrote:

As a reminder, muggers do not want your money, they only want drugs! Remember that Capsaicin is a legal chemical that physically resembles crystal meth. It also helps in identifying your attacker via the mechanism of causing severe chemical burns when smoked, snorted or injected. Remember to always keep an ounce or two in your pocket sealed securely in 8-ply or thicker plastic bags incase drugs are demanded by an attacker.

Thank you for this PSA. I shall start doing this as soon as able in the event that I too am accosted by nondescript black ninjas demanding my drugs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 3:07 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

Thank you for this PSA. I shall start doing this as soon as able in the event that I too am accosted by nondescript black ninjas demanding my drugs.

I'm pretty sure the ninjas will taste it and as they feel the burn, you feel their burner. (brrt)
:clown:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 7:25 am

SO MORE TO THIS STORY

A Florida woman who authorities say initially told them her 9-year-old son was kidnapped now faces a murder charge in connection with his death.

Patricia Ripley, 47, of West Kendall, was booked into the Miami-Dade County jail early Saturday following hours of questioning by police, the Miami Herald reported.

Her arrest came after her son, Alejandro, was found dead Friday in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club, the report said.

According to the Herald, the suspect told police a car had forced her vehicle off the road near the store, then two men jumped out of the vehicle and demanded drugs. She then said the men grabbed the boy and drove off when she couldn’t comply with their request.

But security footage from the Home Depot shows Ripley sitting alone in her car for 20 minutes before calling police at 8:47 p.m. Thursday, a source told the Herald. The woman eventually admitted being linked to the boy’s death, sources told the paper.

Source: Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 7:33 am

jimmy m wrote:
SO MORE TO THIS STORY

A Florida woman who authorities say initially told them her 9-year-old son was kidnapped now faces a murder charge in connection with his death.

Patricia Ripley, 47, of West Kendall, was booked into the Miami-Dade County jail early Saturday following hours of questioning by police, the Miami Herald reported.

Her arrest came after her son, Alejandro, was found dead Friday in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club, the report said.

According to the Herald, the suspect told police a car had forced her vehicle off the road near the store, then two men jumped out of the vehicle and demanded drugs. She then said the men grabbed the boy and drove off when she couldn’t comply with their request.

But security footage from the Home Depot shows Ripley sitting alone in her car for 20 minutes before calling police at 8:47 p.m. Thursday, a source told the Herald. The woman eventually admitted being linked to the boy’s death, sources told the paper.

Source: Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say
Another mother murders her child/children,what is this number 5 this year.Lori Vallow,Leticia Stauch,Megan Boswell and that chick from Pennsylvania who lynched her two kids with a dog collar(don't remember her name).What is the world coming to.