Speculation about Trump’s health after graduation speech

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm

Trump has trouble lifting glass of water and walking down stairs at West Point graduation

Quote:
He’s trembling again.

President Trump struggled to lift a glass of water Saturday during his speech to U.S. Military Academy graduates at West Point.

Trump started to lift the glass with his right hand but seemed unable to guide it all the way up to his lips.

The president used his left hand to steady the glass and tilt it into his mouth.

After his speech, Trump also looked unsteady as he walked down a set of stairs after a lethargic speech to the graduates of the Army college.

The incidents took barely a couple of moments to play out but drew an instant reaction on social media.

One troll tweeted photos of Trump’s predecessor, President Barack Obama, grinning as he used just one hand to a hold a coconut.

Others recalled one time Trump rival Sen. Marco Rubio’s infamous speech in which he repeatedly sipped from a water bottle.

Despite the jokes, Trump’s health is a topic of intense interest and his every move is closely watched.

Trump critics and even some medical professionals believe the tics are signs of potentially serious medical problems.

“This is a persistent neurological sign that, combined with others, would be concerning enough to require a brain scan,” Dr. Bandy Lee, a Yale psychiatrist wrote on Twitter.
It’s the second time in a couple of weeks that Trump has drawn attention at a public event.

He appeared unable to stand still during a solemn ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day. Some observers noted that he had difficulties lifting a wreath with his right arm.

Trump insists he is in perfect health and the White House released an annual physical that claimed he is in good shape for his age. He turns 74 on Sunday.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 11:57 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ! :heart: :twisted: :D 8)

After watching the video clips in the article if I had to take a guess at it I’d say he might have had a stroke(s). In the first vid where he says “Vietnam,” his mouth looks partially paralyzed as he’s slurring his speech. Obviously in the one with the water glass he’s having difficulties with his right arm and hand.. neurological issues down the right side, seems like the result of a stroke, or series of mini strokes as I’ve seen the results of before.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 1:35 am

You are probably right, he did have a stroke.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 2:21 am

Trump blames unsteady West Point walk on ramp that was ‘long & steep’ and 'very slippery!’

Quote:
What about the glass of water, Mr. President?

President Trump defensively claimed a steep and slippery ramp forced him to walk slowly and unsteadily down a ramp after his graduation speech at the U.S. Military Academy Saturday.

“The ramp...was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery.,” he wrote on Twitter. “The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with.”

Trump, who turned 74 Sunday, is prickly about any sign that he is aging. Just 63 minutes before his birthday started at midnight, he was apparently irked that the internet picked up on his travails at West Point.

He boasted that he picked up the pace at the bottom of the ramp.

“Final ten feet I ran down to level ground. Momentum!” he wrote.

Twitter wasn’t buying it. Critics dubbed the incident #RampGate and sent it trending on the social media platform.

“The West Point band music adds an extra je ne sais quoi,” wrote journalist Helen Kennedy.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman