Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 5 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 70  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:05 pm

The guy didn’t say what he said immediately.

The woman should have just put a leash on her dog.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:07 pm

I still think using the words "I am going to do something you won't like" is too broadly worded to claim it was a threat of bodily harm.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Maybe but that’s nit his business. That’s a law enforcement thing and probably just a small fine.

And she didn’t call cops until after he said that.

So if I see a woman litter it’s ok for me to film, threaten her?
Or is that only ok if your not white?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:11 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Maybe but that’s nit his business. That’s a law enforcement thing and probably just a small fine.

Explain what you mean by threatening.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:12 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
I still think using the words "I am going to do something you won't like" is too broadly worded to claim it was a threat of bodily harm.

That's his fault for making a threat that can be interpreted broadly.

Be the hero of your life.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:15 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:

That's his fault for making a threat that can be interpreted broadly.

By "something you won't like" he could have meant simply cursing her out or any number of nonviolent acts.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:16 pm

No Sly. It’s not that simple.

The lady lied when she said that the guy “threatened” her. He could have gotten arrested. It’s well known that minority folks frequently have worse outcomes in law enforcement situations than non-minority folks.

I wish you would meet with and hang out with nonwhite people. I used to think they were mysterious folks before I actually hung out with them. I realized they were more like us than I had realized earlier.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:16 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Explain what you mean by threatening.

Saying if you don’t do something I’ll do something is a threat it’s the definition of a threat.

The woman can pick up the trash or apparently I’m going do something to her.

Get in the van or ILl do something you won’t like
Shut up or I’ll do something you won’t like
Give me your money or I’ll do something you don’t like

Do you need more examples?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:18 pm

You’re a smart guy, Sly. It irritates me that you think you’re less than what you are. It upsets me.

And I’m sure you could improve your lot in life.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The lady lied when she said that the guy “threatened” her. He could have gotten arrested. It’s well known that minority folks frequently have worse outcomes in law enforcement situations than non-minority folks.

I wish you would meet with and hang out with nonwhite people. I used to think they were mysterious folks before I actually hung out with them. I realized they were more like us than I had realized earlier.

I think that some people here don't fully understand what the meaning of the word "threaten" actually means.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Omfg kk he f*****g threaten her
He said do what I say or I’ll do something to you.
She either leashed her dog or he was going steal it.
He threatened her. Do what I’ll say or I’ll do something to you.
It’s the f*****g definition of a threat.
He has no right to demand she leash her dog or else her tsk it or hurt her who the f**k knows what. Something you won’t like, ge I wouldn’t like getting punched, I wouldn’t like my dog stolen theres a lot of things I would t like. He has no right to threaten people breaking a law, he’s not a police officer.

I’d bet if he was white you’d be siding with the woman. If a white guy told a woman if any color to do what he says or he’ll do something she won’t like yiud say it’s a threat but because he’s black irs ok?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

He said he then told her, "if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html

He made an unspecified threat.

Be the hero of your life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:22 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think that some people here don't fully understand what the meaning of the word "threaten" actually means.

to indicate impending evil or mischief.

Walk into a bank and tell them “ give me money or I’ll do something you won’t like” good luck I’m trying to tell jury and judge it wasn’t a threat.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:24 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Omfg kk he f*****g threaten her
He said do what I say or I’ll do something to you.
She either leashed her dog or he was going steal it.
He threatened her. Do what I’ll say or I’ll do something to you.
It’s the f*****g definition of a threat.
He has no right to demand she leash her dog or else her tsk it or hurt her who the f**k knows what. Something you won’t like, ge I wouldn’t like getting punched, I wouldn’t like my dog stolen theres a lot of things I would t like. He has no right to threaten people breaking a law, he’s not a police officer.

I’d bet if he was white you’d be siding with the woman. If a white guy told a woman if any color to do what he says or he’ll do something she won’t like yiud say it’s a threat but because he’s black irs ok?

To describe that as a threat is a stretch but technically not untrue; to pretend it's a threat that warrants calling police in the way she did is just dishonest though. If it doesn't justify her response it isn't a point on which to make your case.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:24 pm

I don’t see any indication that the guy wanted to steal the lady’s dog.

What have I done for you to curse at me?

Cursing is not taken seriously enough these days.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:25 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

He said he then told her, "if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html

He made an unspecified threat.

The "Something you won't like" could have simply meant he was going to keep filming despite her demand for him not to.