Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 4 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 70  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The guy seems to be a bit of a fanatic about enforcing leash laws.

But what the woman said could have gotten him arrested—and it would have been her word against his. And, in most instances, without video evidence, it’s the woman who would have been believed.

She’d probably done the same thing if I’d started filming her and trying to lure her dog away. I don’t think race has anything to do with it.

Replace the guy with a white guy and she calling the police saying a whit man is threatening me, do you think anyone would cared? Doubt we’d have a thread on it.
That’s the real racism to me.

Want racism to die? Stop treating blacks differently then whites. They don’t need extra defense. Seeing them as different and defenseless is just as racist as hating blacks.
This article should just read as woman calls cops on jogger.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I live about 15 miles from Central Park—but there are strict leash laws in the park.

Maybe the guy was pushy.....but the woman should not have told the cops that the guy was “threatening” her. She should have told them that the guy was filming her without her permission....and shouldn’t have mentioned that the guy was “African American.”

She wouldn’t have been fired from her job had she not been racist.

Nope all it takes is the accusation. Corporations won’t risk bad exposure on expendable employees.

If someone accused me of being racist or sexist or rape etc, I’d be fired instantly, even though it’s not true. I’d never be able to find work again nor will this lady.
Court of public opinion. Suppose that’s why one can sue for slander.
It’s why I try not to interact or look at female coworkers. It’s why work tells us to have zero contact with employees outside and at work besides work related needs. They point blank tell us if I go hand out with employee off work and they then tell work I said something bad I’ll be fired. No chance to defend myself. I’ll also be fired if I post on social media and someone doesn’t like my posts and tells the company. So I don’t post anything. Companies don’t care about if you did it or not just the accusation will hurt their image.

It’s happening on YouTube people are making lies and telling sponsors so the sponsors drop the YouTube content maker. Bunch of youtubers are doing it back and forth.
Hey Pepsi did you know that guy you sponsor is a racist nazi. Pepsi”damn we better drop that guy not worth the risk even if it’s not true”

This is the new age kk. I’d bet your work would fire you if some lady reported you for sexual harassment.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:36 am

Role reversal
White guy does this to a black woman with a dog off a leash. Would you all still side with the white guy filming and trying to lure the black womans dog away! Or would you say look at this white racist attacking poor black woman?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 8:27 am

There is a history, truthfully, of juries believing a white accuser over a black defendant.

The lady was LYING when she told the cops that the guy was “threatening” her.

Saying this, I feel like the lady feels bad, has lost her job, and should just be left alone by the media.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 9:55 am

Two neurotic New Yorkers get into a little dust up and somehow this is international news? I guess the media is getting bored with covering with the pandemic all the time.

Obviously the women feels following the law is beneath her but that dude is crazy. Who in their right mind upon seeing unleashed dogs instead of trying to get as far away as possible makes it their habit to lure them?

Racism may or may not have played a part but the common occurrence of people losing their minds over animals most certainly did.

And once the cops dismissed the case does the government really need to get involved?
NYC Commission on Human Rights to probe Central Park ‘Karen’ Amy Cooper

Quote:
The New York City Commission on Human Rights has announced it is launching an investigation into the case of the white dog-walker who called the cops on a black man in Central Park.

“At a time when the devastating impacts of racism in Black communities have been made so painfully clear — from racial disparities in COVID-19 outcomes, to harassment of essential workers on the frontlines — it is appalling to see these types of ugly threats directed at one New Yorker by another,” said Sapna Raj, deputy commissioner of the Law Enforcement Bureau at the Commission on Human Rights.

Amy Cooper has been fired from her job at the investment firm Franklin Templeton, while the Central Park Civic Association has called for her to be banned from the park.

She has also surrendered her dog to the Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue after some viewers were angered at how she dragged the pooch around by its neck harness in the video.

The Commission on Human Rights has issued a letter of inquiry to the woman requesting her cooperation in a pre-complaint intervention.

“The Commission has the authority to fine violators of the law and can award compensatory damages to victims, including emotional distress damages and other benefits,” according to its statement.

“The Commission can also order trainings on the NYC Human Rights Law, changes to policies, and develop restorative justice relief such as community service and mediated apologies, in lieu of or in addition to fines and monetary relief.”

Bad use of taxpayers money.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There is a history, truthfully, of juries believing a white accuser over a black defendant.

The lady was LYING when she told the cops that the guy was “threatening” her.

Saying this, I feel like the lady feels bad, has lost her job, and should just be left alone by the media.

He did threaten her by his own accord.

If I’m like lady you do what I say or I’ll do something you won’t like that’s threatenin.
And what he was going do seems to be stealing her dog.
Both are crimes.

The only non crime he could have done is walk away and call the police.
Instead he decided he needed to take the law into his own hands and be a vigilante. Sound familiar?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:15 pm

Two questions:

1. Is it true that they have the same last name? One is Christian Cooper and the other is Amy Cooper? What is the explanation for this coincidence? Am I missing something?

2. Why did she lose her job if what she did was not at work. I was assuming that -- as long as one is not at work -- its none of their business what they do?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:17 pm

QFT wrote:
Two questions:

1. Is it true that they have the same last name? One is Christian Cooper and the other is Amy Cooper? What is the explanation for this coincidence? Am I missing something?

2. Why did she lose her job if what she did was not at work. I was assuming that -- as long as one is not at work -- its none of their business what they do?

Depends on the job, some jobs demand a certain code of conduct off the job.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:28 pm

QFT wrote:
Two questions:

Companies don’t want any bad publicity even if it’s turns out not true.
The employee right or wrong becomes a risk.

We really need a law that says companies can’t fired people for stuff they do or say outside of work. We live in new world of social media and need new laws to reflect that.

Or people live in fears of posting anything on social media. Having to not speak in public.
This just goes further to make us into robots for work. Now we can’t even have lives outside of work.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:32 pm

QFT wrote:
Two questions:

Her employer doesn't want to deal with the drama that having someone who recently chose to be part of racist incident as part of their staff. Some states are quite loose when it comes to grounds for termination.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
QFT wrote:
Two questions:

We really need a law that says companies can’t fired people for stuff they do or say outside of work. We live in new world of social media and need new laws to reflect that.

Or people live in fears of posting anything on social media. Having to not speak in public.
This just goes further to make us into robots for work. Now we can’t even have lives outside of work.

If an individual chooses to participate in a Klan rally or attempts to use police as a weapon as this lady did, an employer is wise to reconsider if they wish to associate with someone who so openly chose to demonstrate poor judgment. Why should they bear risk for her actions?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
QFT wrote:
Two questions:

Her employer doesn't want to deal with the drama that having someone who recently chose to be part of racist incident as part of their staff. Some states are quite loose when it comes to grounds for termination.

Why would "having" her as an employee be a drama? The employer is not responsible for what their employees do outside of work. So why would anyone be blaming an employer for this to begin with?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:55 pm

QFT wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
QFT wrote:
Two questions:

Why would "having" her as an employee be a drama? The employer is not responsible for what their employees do outside of work. So why would anyone be blaming an employer for this to begin with?

Read up on the oj Simpson case. Mark fuhrman took the fifth when asked if he had ever used the N word. Not limited to while on duty, but did he ever?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:
QFT wrote:
Two questions:

If an individual chooses to participate in a Klan rally or attempts to use police as a weapon as this lady did, an employer is wise to reconsider if they wish to associate with someone who so openly chose to demonstrate poor judgment. Why should they bear risk for her actions?

If someone try’s to steal my dog I’m calling the cops too.
That’s not racist she’d done the same if it’s been a white guy and you wouldn’t cared. You only care cause it’s a black guy. If this was a black woman and whit guy I’d bet you’d be on the woman’s side.

I don’t think race had anything to do with this other then she gave a description of him including his race to the police. Which is what police and 911 say to do.

This guy is a Karen ho thought it’s his job to enforce the law so he’s going steal her dog cause she kept it off a leash. He should kept riding by, but from sound it seems he purposely goes to this park to find unleashed dogs and steal them. He’s the dog leash vigilante. Wonder if he wears a cape. He’s no different then those two white guys deciding they’d stop and arrest the jogger in the other case.
Punishing the unleashed dogs is a police matter not his.
He’s just lucky he didn’t do it to some crack head who decides to stab him. My cousins would have beat the s**t out of him for trying to lure his dog away. My cousin is a violent man. There’s plenty of violent peiple in world. People need to mind their damn own business. If I saw a unleashed dog I get the f**k away from it. Plenty of stray dogs in my neighborhood and when I see one I cross the street and keep my distance and ready ready my gun or knife.

To compare this to being part of nazis or kk is ridiculous.

How would you react to someone threatening you and then trying to steal your dog?
Let me guess you’d be like oh sorry , yeah you can steal My dog, want my phone and money too here you go sir.

They both broke the laws but hers is a fine his is theft, threatening and harassment.
If he’d been white and she black or even white it’d be him losing the job.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:58 pm

Actually come to think of it any male I know should have beat the shot out of the guy for trying to take their dog. They love their dog like a child.
Maybe that’s why he choose a woman, I’d be willing to bet she wasn’t the only one with unleashed dog there.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:00 pm

If I walked up to woman littering and said “you better pick that up or I’m going do something you won’t like”

How do you think she take that?