Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 2 of 54 [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:04 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Ask Kortie about the leash bylaw since he lives down the street from the park. She did say he attacked her, the article said she claimed there was an African American threatening her life.

Also, why do you think the guy was a weirdo for filming her? Was she walking her dog into the ladies room at the park when he started filming?

Where does she say she was attacked? Where does she say, "an African American was threatening her life"?

"In the video, Amy Cooper refused and called 911, telling the operator that "there is an African American man. I am in Central Park. He is recording me and threatening myself and my dog." At one point, Cooper shouts to the operator, "Please send the cops immediately."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,458
Location: Queens, NYC

26 May 2020, 8:07 pm

I live about 15 miles from Central Park—but there are strict leash laws in the park.

Maybe the guy was pushy.....but the woman should not have told the cops that the guy was “threatening” her. She should have told them that the guy was filming her without her permission....and shouldn’t have mentioned that the guy was “African American.”

She wouldn’t have been fired from her job had she not been racist.



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:07 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Ask Kortie about the leash bylaw since he lives down the street from the park.

The guy is not law enforcement. Kortie is not law enforcement.

The law enforcement even came on the scene, saw the video, and determined no infraction of this supposed bylaw.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

She wouldn’t have been fired from her job had she not been racist.

They may give her a multi-million dollar severance just to get rid of the bad publicity with an agreement not to sue them.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


Last edited by TheRobotLives on 26 May 2020, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,768

26 May 2020, 8:09 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
She never breeched a bylaw.
She never said he attacked her.
She never played on his black background (whatever that means).

She was practicing freedom, and this guy intruded into her private space.


Freedom? In Australia allowing a dog to run of a leash is a breach of council bylaws. There are of course harmless breeds and Cooper's dog is a retriever of some type which is normally friendly. However there is a small margin for error and even this type of breed can bite or attack a child.

The woman's threat “I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life,” is a clear reference to previous famous attacks on white women in central park and the clear trigger for police when a "damsel in distress" invokes the old trope of a black man rapist.



Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,594

26 May 2020, 8:12 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Ask Kortie about the leash bylaw since he lives down the street from the park. She did say he attacked her, the article said she claimed there was an African American threatening her life.

Also, why do you think the guy was a weirdo for filming her? Was she walking her dog into the ladies room at the park when he started filming?

Where does she say she was attacked? Where does she say, "an African American was threatening her life"?

"In the video, Amy Cooper refused and called 911, telling the operator that "there is an African American man. I am in Central Park. He is recording me and threatening myself and my dog." At one point, Cooper shouts to the operator, "Please send the cops immediately."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html


Again, I will repeat the question of was he filming her while she was inside the ladies room? That is the only way I can see use of a camera by itself as inappropriate. Did the audio on the video record him making any inappropriate words or tones?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,458
Location: Queens, NYC

26 May 2020, 8:13 pm

Why couldn’t she just put a leash on the dog?



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:17 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Ask Kortie about the leash bylaw since he lives down the street from the park. She did say he attacked her, the article said she claimed there was an African American threatening her life.

Also, why do you think the guy was a weirdo for filming her? Was she walking her dog into the ladies room at the park when he started filming?

Where does she say she was attacked? Where does she say, "an African American was threatening her life"?

"In the video, Amy Cooper refused and called 911, telling the operator that "there is an African American man. I am in Central Park. He is recording me and threatening myself and my dog." At one point, Cooper shouts to the operator, "Please send the cops immediately."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html


Again, I will repeat the question of was he filming her while she was inside the ladies room? That is the only way I can see use of a camera by itself as inappropriate. Did the audio on the video record him making any inappropriate words or tones?

He used the camera as intimidation.

He should take his act to the ghetto of filming gangs in the act.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


Last edited by TheRobotLives on 26 May 2020, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,768

26 May 2020, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why couldn’t she just put a leash on the dog?


She claimed he needed exercise :roll:



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,458
Location: Queens, NYC

26 May 2020, 8:20 pm

I think the media should leave her alone. She’s apologized. She’s lost her job. She voluntarily surrendered her dog.

She did a racist thing....and I hope she permanently learns from it.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,768

26 May 2020, 8:20 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
He used the camera as intimidation.

He should take his act to the ghetto of filming gangs in the act.


Ghetto? the man is a NY professional, why should he go to the ghetto?



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
He used the camera as intimidation.

He should take his act to the ghetto of filming gangs in the act.


Ghetto? the man is a NY professional, why should he go to the ghetto?

He can get a lesson in manners.

He will learn not to stick is nose in other people's business.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,458
Location: Queens, NYC

26 May 2020, 8:24 pm

I don’t like what she did—but I also think she’s been punished enough.

If the guy was actually arrested and charged, I would have a different opinion. At least the cops used common sense this time.



Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,594

26 May 2020, 8:29 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
He used the camera as intimidation.

He should take his act to the ghetto of filming gangs in the act.


Ghetto? the man is a NY professional, why should he go to the ghetto?

He can get a lesson in manners.

He will learn not to stick is nose in other people's business.


Ok, maybe you have a point, instead of politely asking her to put the dog on a leash, he should have waited for the dog to touch his leg then he could have went for a field goal.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,768

26 May 2020, 8:30 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

He will learn not to stick is nose in other people's business.


I agree his demeanour was irritating and he should have left the woman alone. However, her reaction stems from some deep seated stuff which is what's concerning me.



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,435
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

26 May 2020, 8:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t like what she did—but I also think she’s been punished enough.

If the guy was actually arrested and charged, I would have a different opinion. At least the cops used common sense this time.

The guy made the threat, '"You won't like what I will do", and threw dog bones at her dog, to presumably lure her dog to him.

We don't know what he planned to do to the dog.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.