Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 7 of 47 [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 47  Next

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:19 pm

sly279 wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Are you saying that it is ok to heat someone up for filming you?

Why not? In Germany it's even illegal to film people if you aren't allowed to do. But I guess I wouldn't like to waste my time with waiting for the cops and dealing with shitty lawyers afterwards. :twisted:

It’s illegal to film or record people without their permission here too. Unless they’re a public employee on the job.
I can film a uniformed police officer, I can’t just film some random woman.
If I was to start filming a woman in public she could call the police and I’d be arrested.

But in the world of social media’s bullying isn’t the form of filming people then outing it on social media is the new norm. It’s called cyber bullying.

But there’s no point they only defending the guy cause of his skin color. If he’d been white they wouldn’t be defending him. If I’d done what this guy done they’d be attacking me over it.
I’m 6’3 and big if I was to tell a woman do do what I say or I’ll do something she won’t like. Most would agree she’s well with in her rights to feel threatened and call the police on me.
It’s a race issue but nit one of the woman who called.

Wrong sly, it has to do with the location, not the person. You can film in public places without permission. If you don't believe me, ask a store manager. They film everyone in stores, except for in dressing rooms and toilet areas. They don't ask you to sign a consent form before you come in the door, they simply put a sign up warning you you are on camera.

So I can go to park and film all the pretty women? Pretty sure he’d call the cops on me. What’s your name and address so I can have the police call you to tell them it’s legal?
Stores are private business who you consent to filing in order to shop there. Streets and such aren’t private business. Don’t believe me? Go the to park and start filming women and see how fast the cops show up.

That’s why when people call you they say “ this call will be recorded if you wish to continue you consent to the recording” they can’t just record you

Don’t bother replying though I won’t be reading your posts anymore.

So, since it has to do with the person and not the location I am filming, it means I am free to film a cop who is changing clothes in their locker room but I can't film a cheerleader at a football game who is standing on the sidelines? That appears to be what you are saying.

Edit: also, the reason people warn you by saying "this call is being recorded" voice recording and video recording are two separate issues. Plus a phone call is a private conversation, the middle of a park is public place. Since a park is public, you are in a different setting than a phone call.

Last edited by Bravo5150 on 27 May 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:20 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
This happened in NYC, not Germany, filming in public without permission is ok.

Sorry - it may be legal but it's not OK to film others without their permission. :wink:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Can you substantiate this claim about him attempting to lure her dog? I haven't seen that claim in any news article so far.

It was shown earlier from his own accords of the event.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:23 pm

I find it sadly funny how you al like those two didn’t have any right to take the law into their own hands, but this guy has every right to take the law into his own hands.
So what is it do people have the right to take the law into their own hands or should they mind their own business? Can’t have it both ways.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Can you substantiate this claim about him attempting to lure her dog? I haven't seen that claim in any news article so far.

It was shown earlier from his own accords of the event.

I've seen him mention having treats. That's really not the same as 'omg he was trying to steal her dog just like a creep in a white van with free candy for the kids' like you framed it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:28 pm

sly279 wrote:
So I can go to park and film all the pretty women?

Yep

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:33 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Ask Kortie about the leash bylaw since he lives down the street from the park. She did say he attacked her, the article said she claimed there was an African American threatening her life.

Also, why do you think the guy was a weirdo for filming her? Was she walking her dog into the ladies room at the park when he started filming?

Where does she say she was attacked? Where does she say, "an African American was threatening her life"?

"In the video, Amy Cooper refused and called 911, telling the operator that "there is an African American man. I am in Central Park. He is recording me and threatening myself and my dog." At one point, Cooper shouts to the operator, "Please send the cops immediately."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-woman- ... 15662.html

Dude, she actually said she was going to call the cops to tell them there is an African-American threatening her life. This is word for word. There is no misinterpretation or shades of grey in this instance. She actually was recorded saying this.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:36 pm

Here's the facts:

The man's name is Christian Cooper and the lady who rang the police is named Amy Cooper (they are not related)

Amy worked for Franklin Templeton as the firm's vice president of insurance investment;

Christian worked worked as a comic writer and editor for Marvel, according to Out. He created Yoshi Mishima, the first gay male character for “Star Trek” and the first gay human in the comic's universe. He also wrote for the “Vengeance” and “Ghost Rider” comics, according to Out. He now works as the senior biomedical editor at Health Science Communications.

The video shows Amy Cooper, 41, telling Christian Cooper she would be calling the police on him and saying she would tell dispatchers she was going to call the police and "going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life.". The video does not show Christian Cooper making any threats but does show him standing away from Amy Cooper and encouraging her to call the police, while also asking her to stay away from him.

The police took no action against either party as no crime was committed

When Amy Cooper realised Christian's sister had uploaded the video showing her threatening to call police on Christian she immediately knew that her employer may take action so she contacted NBC NY to pre-empt her employer taking action by stating she acknowledges she overreacted but went to say she felt threatened.

Franklin-Templeton responded by firing her after placing her administrative leave because they are major NY firm and did not want their insurance body tarnished by the perception of racism by employing a senior executive caught on camera trying to fabricate a story she was attacked on black man. Their decision was commercial (not emotional) because I doubt they wanted their African American clients pulling investments/insurance policies from their firm.

The moral question of what happened to Amy Cooper is right or not is irrelevant as repurcussions for her is that she was fired.

The general consensus on twitter is that Amy Cooper was trying to invoke "Death by cop" on Christian Cooper.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 7:39 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t want her to get blackballed from another job should she really feel repentant for her actions.

Why would the guy have done anything to the dog? That defies common sense.

He says he carries dog bones around to antagonize off-lease dog owners this way.

He lures dogs away from their owners.

I don't know the extend of what he does.

However, this seems to border on criminal.

After he makes the statement, "You won't like what I will do", and he's luring your dog away.

That's scary.

Where is the version of the video that has all of this?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 8:28 pm

central park sillysally was bearing false witness against an innocent man. such deceitful people are sociopaths IMHO. she did the guy a favor by revealing her true evil self to him, that is a real gift in these times of universal deceit, it is a gift to be able to truly know one's enemies.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 9:05 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t want her to get blackballed from another job should she really feel repentant for her actions.

He says he carries dog bones around to antagonize off-lease dog owners this way.

After he makes the statement, "You won't like what I will do", and he's luring your dog away.

That's scary.

He throws his dog treats in the video to lure her dog.

He says he purposely carries the dog treats to do this to off-leash dogs.

He does this to antagonize owners.

This is likely what he meant by his threat, "you won't like what I will do".

In a tv interview, she said, she thought these treats could be poisonous.

Be the hero of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 9:27 pm

If she said that, she’s quite paranoid.

The guy maybe should have minded his own business.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 9:42 pm

the guy did the rest of us a favor by exposing another sociopathic bully.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 10:38 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That's scary.

From his own accounts of what happen before the video
https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/christian ... o-footage/
If I was going video someone I’d wait until it is after what I did and when they reacting to it.

He didn’t start video u til half way through the accounter

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 10:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the guy did the rest of us a favor by exposing another sociopathic bully.

He’s the sociopathic bully.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 10:41 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

He throws his dog treats in the video to lure her dog.

He says he purposely carries the dog treats to do this to off-leash dogs.

He does this to antagonize owners.

This is likely what he meant by his threat, "you won't like what I will do".

In a tv interview, she said, she thought these treats could be poisonous.

You might have missed the the fact the police have not intervened because no crime was committed. All of this extra information you are providing is now irrelevant