Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 1:40 am

They reopening alot of places. Are they reopening where you live?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 May 2020, 2:03 am

Yes.
They call it "new normal" - I would rather prefer "long-term outbreak management".
You can't stay at home for years.
But, if necessary, you can do groceries in a face mask for years.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 9:13 am

Yes, things are beginning to open up and return to normal.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 10:20 am

Not yet although our Governor is saying Long Island may be able to begin to reopen next week. But it won’t resemble pre pandemic normal. Normal to me would mean no masks, no social distancing, packed trains, bars and malls etc. I think a few things are going to permanently change, while others will take a few years to mostly or fully come back.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 10:39 am

The states that opened early should be providing plenty of examples of what to/not to do. Like this one:
A hairstylist worked while symptomatic and exposed 91 people to coronavirus
This story will be much more useful after the testing results are in.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 1:50 pm

CarlM wrote:
The states that opened early should be providing plenty of examples of what to/not to do. Like this one:

This will be an interesting one to follow since all of the customers wore mask while they were having their hair styled or cut.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 11:18 pm

CarlM wrote:

I read if people lie to their boss about not having coronavirus, FBI can arrest them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 11:26 pm

Australian schools reopening next week
Hotels, cafes, bars
50 people can now gather together from June 1

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 5:12 am

jimmy m wrote:
CarlM wrote:

This will be an interesting one to follow since all of the customers wore mask while they were having their hair styled or cut.

They likely wore simple surgical/dust masks, not sealed to their face N95’s or P100 respirators.

Customers wearing masks protects the stylist from them. The stylist wearing a mask protects customers from the stylist.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 5:22 am

Things are beginning to reopen here. People are allowed to have small social circles - groups less than 10 I think. Some restaurants/pubs are starting to reopen, too. I won’t be going to any of them. No loss to me, I almost never go to restaurants or bars anyways. ASD
pandemic survival genes! :D

~Another week and I’ll go back to work I think. Not because I think things are fine, but rather because I think people are f*****g morons and are acting as if the pandemic is over just because a few
restrictions have been eased. I basically want to make sure I have enough weeks of Employment Insurance banked to be able to stay home in the Winter for a few months when these idiots inevitably cause a second wave in September/October onwards. Otherwise I’d just take the whole Summer off to ride motorcycles and go kiteboarding. But if I did that and ran down the clock on EI weeks, then I’d potentially have zero income in the Winter if I wanted to stay home. (Unless Canada did another round of emergency funding and I qualified for it that time.) At least working during the Summer isn’t at the height of cold and flu season And people will hopefully be pretty strict on distancing and masks etc more in the beginning.. well at least I Hope people are better on work sites than in the general public.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 10:14 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Things are beginning to reopen here. People are allowed to have small social circles - groups less than 10 I think. Some restaurants/pubs are starting to reopen, too. I won’t be going to any of them. No loss to me, I almost never go to restaurants or bars anyways. ASD
pandemic survival genes! :D

~Another week and I’ll go back to work I think. Not because I think things are fine, but rather because I think people are f*****g morons and are acting as if the pandemic is over just because a few
restrictions have been eased. I basically want to make sure I have enough weeks of Employment Insurance banked to be able to stay home in the Winter for a few months when these idiots inevitably cause a second wave in September/October onwards. Otherwise I’d just take the whole Summer off to ride motorcycles and go kiteboarding. But if I did that and ran down the clock on EI weeks, then I’d potentially have zero income in the Winter if I wanted to stay home. (Unless Canada did another round of emergency funding and I qualified for it that time.) At least working during the Summer isn’t at the height of cold and flu season And people will hopefully be pretty strict on distancing and masks etc more in the beginning.. well at least I Hope people are better on work sites than in the general public.

Have not seen you post in a while,so Welcome back, Kotter

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 1:25 pm

vermontsavant wrote:

I’ve been tasked by the Princes of Canada (Terrance and Phillip) with calling people f*****g morons for not taking proper C-19 precautions as restrictions are eased, so, naturally I’ve been incredibly busy! :D

Jk - that’s a volunteer role I bestowed upon myself. 8) Been keeping busy getting a few things done, helping friends get a few things done, getting a little more exercise and doing my physio rehab stuff, dealing with insurance claim BS etc before I call up my Union Hall and go back to worky work and make hay while the Sun shines before COVIDIOTS f**k this up come cold & flu season - Because people are stupid and they will f**k this up. Sharing my thoughts on this so that others in a similar boat can plan accordingly vs be caught without an insurance safety net come Fall/Winter.

Plan: Bust it all Summer, take very few days off (even weekends) for sports/rec or rest, and then When things get bad, peace out and stay the F home while some other so called “essential service workers,” (construction is considered ES here, but lolwtfomgbbq it is NOT!) have no choice but to work because they didn’t make sure they have enough insurance weeks banked to disappear and coast through the second wave if they take the whole Summer off instead.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 1:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I’ve been tasked by the Princes of Canada (Terrance and Phillip) with calling people f*****g morons for not taking proper C-19 precautions as restrictions are eased, so, naturally I’ve been incredibly busy! :D

Jk - that’s a volunteer role I bestowed upon myself. 8) Been keeping busy getting a few things done, helping friends get a few things done, getting a little more exercise and doing my physio rehab stuff, dealing with insurance claim BS etc before I call up my Union Hall and go back to worky work and make hay while the Sun shines before COVIDIOTS f**k this up come cold & flu season - Because people are stupid and they will f**k this up. Sharing my thoughts on this so that others in a similar boat can plan accordingly vs be caught without an insurance safety net come Fall/Winter.

Plan: Bust it all Summer, take very few days off (even weekends) for sports/rec or rest, and then When things get bad, peace out and stay the F home while some other so called “essential service workers,” (construction is considered ES here, but lolwtfomgbbq it is NOT!) have no choice but to work because they didn’t make sure they have enough insurance weeks banked to disappear and coast through the second wave if they take the whole Summer off instead.
So youv'e been busy,I had thought you were banned,I guess the news forum will get busy again.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 1:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Isn't Terrance and Phillip's routine more in tune with encouraging masks to be worn because of a severely chronic flatulence problem more than calling someone a moron? I thought calling one a moron was more of a Cartman thing. I think the farts would be a more effective mask reminder.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 8:15 pm

I don’t understand how this will work, there are alot of people that won’t social distance. When hair salons do open, people have to be close to each other. I know people have to work. I wish I understand. I still don’t understand how people get the virus, is it like body heat? If two people come together, they will cause body heat or something. I don’t want to feel stupid.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 1:54 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I don’t understand how this will work, there are alot of people that won’t social distance. When hair salons do open, people have to be close to each other. I know people have to work. I wish I understand. I still don’t understand how people get the virus, is it like body heat? If two people come together, they will cause body heat or something. I don’t want to feel stupid.

How COVID-19 Spreads
Quote:
COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person. Some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus. We are still learning about how the virus spreads and the severity of illness it causes.\

Person-to-person spread
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.

The virus spreads easily between people
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious, like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, which means it goes from person-to-person without stopping.

The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading very easily and sustainably between people. Information from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic suggest that this virus is spreading more efficiently than influenza, but not as efficiently as measles, which is highly contagious.

The virus may be spread in other ways
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about how this virus spreads.

Spread between animals and people
At this time, the risk of COVID-19 spreading from animals to people is considered to be low.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman