Page 1 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 11:46 am

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:38 pm

"Swallow it! And vote for Joe!"

That's about right. Biden is just Hillary with a penis. I think next year will be the perfect time to fulfill my goal hiking the Appalacian Trail. A few months away from all this s**t would be refreshing. There are two unwritten rules when hiking the AT: Never discuss politics or religion. Sounds good to me.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 2:15 pm

Rich old white dude same era as Trump.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

If the Dems choose him you know they want to lose.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 6:52 pm

I have to agree, Biden is probably not the best choice...although criticism he is facing is hardly warranted.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 7:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I have to agree, Biden is probably not the best choice...although criticism he is facing is hardly warranted.

I thought you didn't like racists??... Oh, it's ok when liberals are racist. I get it now....

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 11:09 pm

Biden has some dubious history of working with some vile segregationist politicians in order to get bills passed.

I understand he must have had his reasons but this means he won't be a popular choice with minority groups.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 6:16 am

I think the biggest ? over Biden is whether he's losing his mental faculties .

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 9:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
Biden has some dubious history of working with some vile segregationist politicians in order to get bills passed.

I understand he must have had his reasons but this means he won't be a popular choice with minority groups.

Thats the name of the game. You reach across the aisle and make common cause with adversaries in order to deliver for your constituents. Thats what effective politicians do in a democracy.

Working "with" segregationists is not the same thing as promoting segregation.

The old Dixiecrat fossils (like Jesse Helms, and Strom Thurmond) who defended Segregation in the Fifties and Sixties were all still serving in Congress in the Seventies, Eighties, and Nineties. Not only still there, but had a stanglehold on power way out of proportion to their numbers precisely because they were fossils who had acquired so much seniority.

They were the powers at be. So who else could Biden have dealt with?

Your thesis is that Biden was a bad politician because he was... a good politician, is self contradictory.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 4:23 pm

Biden is racist now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biden is racist now.

How?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The old Dixiecrat fossils (like Jesse Helms, and Strom Thurmond) who defended Segregation in the Fifties and Sixties were all still serving in Congress in the Seventies, Eighties, and Nineties. Not only still there, but had a stanglehold on power way out of proportion to their numbers precisely because they were fossils who had acquired so much seniority.

They were the powers at be. So who else could Biden have dealt with?

Your thesis is that Biden was a bad politician because he was... a good politician, is self contradictory.

I take your point! Biden was being a "good politician" for the benefit of his constituents. It gives me the "heebie jeebies" that Helms and Thurmond could be considered viable representatives as recently as the 1990s 8O

Honestly what is wrong with people in your country??

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 9:19 pm

Watch the damn video. And the other clip of him calling black people 'poor people'.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 9:43 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Watch the damn video. And the other clip of him calling black people 'poor people'.

In terms of socioeconomic status there is a disproportionate number of black people who are poor, stating that isn't racist? he is being compassionate and sympathetic to their plight.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 9:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

In terms of socioeconomic status there is a disproportionate number of black people who are poor, stating that isn't racist? he is being compassionate and sympathetic to their plight.

Oh, wake the f**k up! Biden is a corporately owned piece of s**t of politician who doesn't care about anyone else but himself. If you're really that ignorant, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 10:53 pm

No Biden is a democrat. That puts him on par with Jesus Christ.