Twitter flags video Trump retweeted of toddlers mocking CNN

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:33 am

Quote:
Twitter flags video Trump retweeted of toddlers mocking CNN

President Donald Trump retweeted a video that was flagged by Twitter as manipulated that reused a viral video of two toddlers to make a point about CNN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwohxAnI3XY

Quote:
Twitter labeled a "racist baby" tweet posted by President Trump as manipulated media that contained images designed to mislead. It was the third time the social media platform has acted against Trump in recent weeks over posts that were not factual. The altered video was posted late Thursday by the president. It showed a black toddler running from a white toddler and was manipulated to look like a CNN broadcast, along with a fake caption that claimed, “Racist baby probably a Trump voter.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC6rFCFHu14

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:52 am

That's a mind bender? so who mocked whom?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 1:15 am

So: A video created and intended to demonstrate how media manipultes news...is itself flaged as "manipulated"?

I do question the intelectual capacity of those who thought this needed the label, or that the label was applicable when considering the video as a whole.

The labelling seems more like an "ignore the man behind the curtain" thing...focus on the "news", ignore the source material, or how its presentation doesn't provide the full (or accurate) story.

Then again, I'm sure there's plenty of partisan people on both sides who are happy to believe unquestioningly what their "betters" tell them, to the detriment of society as a whole.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 1:16 am

I can't even take the video seriously, the moment I saw the caption I lost it. At least it was an amusing attempt to mock someone.

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 7:54 am

I think it was well done in showing how "Fake News" actually works.
This sort of truth buggery happens all the time.

I'm not defending Trump.
I like the idea of exposing the methodology of journalistic ratbaggery.

Journalism and the media is pathetic in America.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!