White dude get's pummelled for using the n-word

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 2:13 am

Disturbing video footage has been posted online of a white man being brutally bashed inside a department store for allegedly using a racial slur while talking on the phone.
The unverified footage, said to be from Flint, Michigan, appears to have been originally posted to Facebook on Monday by a rapper called FT Quay.
This not the whole video but Me and bro in the mall n sh*t and he ask this man otp did this shirt look to little he told him yea and kept talking on the phone then mumbled talking bout sum ‘no one just sum n*****’ he thought we ain’t hear em because his mask was on #blackpower,” he wrote.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... dab4ee61c2

Well I supposed I wouldn't want a saleperson to refer to me as the n-word when I was asking them for help. What's a brother to do? (shrug emoji)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 2:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
Disturbing video footage has been posted online of a white man being brutally bashed inside a department store for allegedly using a racial slur while talking on the phone.
The unverified footage, said to be from Flint, Michigan, appears to have been originally posted to Facebook on Monday by a rapper called FT Quay.
This not the whole video but Me and bro in the mall n sh*t and he ask this man otp did this shirt look to little he told him yea and kept talking on the phone then mumbled talking bout sum ‘no one just sum n*****’ he thought we ain’t hear em because his mask was on #blackpower,” he wrote.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... dab4ee61c2

Well I supposed I wouldn't want a saleperson to refer to me as the n-word when I was asking them for help. What's a brother to do? (shrug emoji)

So, when can we expect the media outrage over this racist assault on a person who was speaking on their phone (or are some "races" more "equal" than others)? After all, they were obviously the victim of a racist attack based on the footage supplied.

Thanks for posting this.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 2:56 am

There are clearly boundaries to how people conduct themselves. The salesman was busy on the phone and probably thought the customers wouldn't hear him muttering under his breathe.

Again how does one conduct themselves? I would wait till the guy is off his phone, it is rude to interrupt, The black guy might be applying the "customer is always right" cliche and salespeople are supposed to be there to help customers not talk to their buddies on the phone.

But should he have beaten the guy? probably not....that's assault....pretty serious offence and even if he is a racist I wouldn't want him to suffer PTSD. But who am I to project my sensibilities on an angry young black man who uses the #blackpower

Dude can't beat up members of the public for uttering things under their breathe....jail is the only solution

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
There are clearly boundaries to how people conduct themselves. The salesman was busy on the phone and probably thought the customers wouldn't hear him muttering under his breathe.

Again how does one conduct themselves? I would wait till the guy is off his phone, it is rude to interrupt, The black guy might be applying the "customer is always right" cliche and salespeople are supposed to be there to help customers not talk to their buddies on the phone.

But should he have beaten the guy? probably not....that's assault....pretty serious offence and even if he is a racist I wouldn't want him to suffer PTSD. But who am I to project my sensibilities on an angry young black man who uses the #blackpower

Dude can't beat up members of the public for uttering things under their breathe....jail is the only solution

Just curious: where is the evidence that the claimed statement was actually made, other than from the racist agressor in this situation who appears to be trying to use it as a "get out of jail free" card?

Without that, this is an unprovoked racist assault. With it, it is still a racist assault.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:11 am

Brictoria wrote:
So, when can we expect the media outrage over this racist assault on a person who was speaking on their phone (or are some "races" more "equal" than others)? After all, they were obviously the victim of a racist attack based on the footage supplied.

I'm sorry, can you clarify what specifically makes this a racist attack?

Even if these people were called the N word, I agree this is definitely a massive overreaction and these people deserve to be arrested and charged, but what actual evidence makes this a racist attack? I'm genuinely confused since there's nothing definitively saying they targeted him because he's white, only because he apparently called them a racial slur. No one even knows the full story because this dumb*ss is using this to promote his music. I can't even find any other news stories covering this, as it seems very, very recent.

Making assumptions to further an agenda just takes away the seriousness of this and encourages people to ignore it, which I assume is not what you want? If it's found out they did target him because he's white, fine, call it what it is, but making assumptions before the full story comes out doesn't do anything for anyone.

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:15 am

cyberdad wrote:

Sadly, people like this of any race never accept that their actions are wrong, even after they caught and charged. Anything that makes them angry, even if the anger is deserved, has to result in violence, and even if they go to jail they're just going to blame other people for it. At least if this gets taken seriously they'll be taken off of the streets for a bit.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:41 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Even if these people were called the N word, I agree this is definitely a massive overreaction and these people deserve to be arrested and charged, but what actual evidence makes this a racist attack? I'm genuinely confused since there's nothing definitively saying they targeted him because he's white, only because he apparently called them a racial slur. No one even knows the full story because this dumb*ss is using this to promote his music. I can't even find any other news stories covering this, as it seems very, very recent.

Making assumptions to further an agenda just takes away the seriousness of this and encourages people to ignore it, which I assume is not what you want? If it's found out they did target him because he's white, fine, call it what it is, but making assumptions before the full story comes out doesn't do anything for anyone.

I was basing this in the same way that every incident where it is a "PoC" as the victim of a "non PoC" is automatically assumed to be racist, using the same logic, this must also have been racist. The fact that the attacker was using "racist" terms when referring to the victim also contributed to this belief.

After all, treating the same (or similar) circumstances in different ways due to the reversal of roles based on the race of the people involved would be racist to begin with.

If the races of the people involved were switched, this would be front page news as an example of a racist attack - As such, to not appear racist, I have to believe it was a racist attack.

Quote:

Quote:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:50 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Sadly, people like this of any race never accept that their actions are wrong, even after they caught and charged. Anything that makes them angry, even if the anger is deserved, has to result in violence, and even if they go to jail they're just going to blame other people for it. At least if this gets taken seriously they'll be taken off of the streets for a bit.

Sometimes its deserving
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ogize.html

lostproperty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2020, 3:51 am

The way things are going, we're in a great danger of a scenario whereby somebody is falsely accused of being racist and that will prompt a physical attack which will end up with a loss of life. This isn't about justice for a lot of people, it's about revenge. It could very easily turn into a vicious cycle of violence with innocent people caught up in the middle of it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:54 am

Brictoria wrote:
Just curious: where is the evidence that the claimed statement was actually made, other than from the racist agressor in this situation who appears to be trying to use it as a "get out of jail free" card?

Without that, this is an unprovoked racist assault. With it, it is still a racist assault.

I think the article used the word allegedly as the only person who made this claim is the attacker. its pretty brutal and I am not sure his african brothers should be applauding him.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:09 am

Brictoria wrote:
I was basing this in the same way that every incident where it is a "PoC" as the victim of a "non PoC" is automatically assumed to be racist, using the same logic, this must also have been racist. The fact that the attacker was using "racist" terms when referring to the victim also contributed to this belief.

After all, treating the same (or similar) circumstances in different ways due to the reversal of roles based on the race of the people involved would be racist to begin with.

If the races of the people involved were switched, this would be front page news as an example of a racist attack - As such, to not appear racist, I have to believe it was a racist attack.

I assumed so, but how is doing the same exact thing going to make anyone take this seriously? I can agree that if the races were switched this would probably get more attention (which this still could get, the story seems very new, so lets hope it gets proper attention), but I personally don't believe stooping to that level is going to bring any justice. It honestly usually does the opposite and those types of people just use it as an excuse to laugh at cases like this and ignore them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:19 am

No name tag, no work shirt. Article no where says he’s an employee. Employees in USA can’t have phones in the floor. I’d wager he’s just another customer. When I go to Walmart I’ll have people ask me for help thinking I work there.

Hope they find and arrest thise guys for the assault crime.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:22 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

In all the recent cases of black and white there’s been mostly zero evidence of it being a racist attack all thst there is is just it was a white person did something to a black persons. So if that’s enough to say they’re racist then the reverse is too.

The standard set should be applied to situations where black people attack white people same as when white people attack black people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Sometimes its deserving
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ogize.html

Assault is never justified. We’re you a bully in school? Most of us aspies on here where bullied by people who thought it was justified and deserving. It’s upsetting to see such talk here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:28 am

sly279 wrote:
No name tag, no work shirt. Article no where says he’s an employee. Employees in USA can’t have phones in the floor. I’d wager he’s just another customer. When I go to Walmart I’ll have people ask me for help thinking I work there.

Hope they find and arrest thise guys for the assault crime.

Ahh that explains it! from the back (he had his back turned) he looks like a salesman. I do this often to members of the public (often salespeople from other companies do shopping in-store and get mistaken)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:29 am

sly279 wrote:
In all the recent cases of black and white there’s been mostly zero evidence of it being a racist attack all thst there is is just it was a white person did something to a black persons. So if that’s enough to say they’re racist then the reverse is too.

The standard set should be applied to situations where black people attack white people same as when white people attack black people.

Did I say I agreed with people doing that? I thought I had made it clear that I think those cases are just as bull as that assumption was.