Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 9:00 pm

Agreed. ;)

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 7:30 am

We are in the beginnings of a communist power grab here in America that is causing most of the political violence.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 7:41 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
We are in the beginnings of a communist power grab here in America that is causing most of the political violence.

Far right fascism vs Far left communism. Just like Germany in the 1930's. :chin:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 7:59 am

It is interesting that, like in Australia, protests only seem to become violent after the left-wing groups become involved...

Right wing protests seem to go ahead relatively peacefully until a left-wing "counter-protest" turns up to cause trouble (hard to guage how much of that is due to the left-wing "counter-protest", as there are few right-wing protests that don't have a "counter-protest" show up, but I don't recall any right-wing protests where there was no "counter-protest" and violence occurred). Conversely, left-wing protests seem to have a degree of violence built in, even when there is no right-wing "counter-protest".

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:13 am

Brictoria wrote:
It is interesting that, like in Australia, protests only seem to become violent after the left-wing groups become involved...

Right wing protests seem to go ahead relatively peacefully until a left-wing "counter-protest" turns up to cause trouble (hard to guage how much of that is due to the left-wing "counter-protest", as there are few right-wing protests that don't have a "counter-protest" show up, but I don't recall any right-wing protests where there was no "counter-protest" and violence occurred). Conversely, left-wing protests seem to have a degree of violence built in, even when there is no right-wing "counter-protest".

I'm sorry (not really) but that's a load of crap and you know it. Anytime right wingers do something like, say, run over and kill a girl on the left at a protest to remove a Confederate statue in Charlottesville you people just parrot Trump's words when he labels it as "fake news!! !! blah! blah! blah!" and "Good people on both sides!". And now we have a 17 year old kid who is a Trump supporter that shot at left wing protestors in Kenosha and your supreme Neo Nazi leader Trump defended this murderer.

Don't think you can convince me that people on Trump's right are incapable of violence at these protests. :roll:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:17 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

I'm sorry (not really) but that's a load of crap and you know it. Anytime right wingers do something like, say, run over and kill a girl on the left at a protest to remove a Confederate statue in Charlottesville you people just parrot Trump's words when he labels it as "fake news!! ! ! blah! blah! blah!" and "Good people on both sides!". And now we have a 17 year old kid who is a Trump supporter that shot at left wing protestors in Kenosha and your supreme Neo Nazi leader Trump defended this murderer.

Don't think you can convince me that people on Trump's right are incapable of violence at these protests. :roll:

Bric was speaking in reference to Australia. I am pretty sure Trump and Charlottesville are not under Australia government.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:22 am

The Trump era is a reprieve for the United States before the country is overtaken by the communist elements in the government and in the streets. Those looking forward to a leftist totalitarian state can be happy that their long wait is almost over.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:26 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

I'm sorry (not really) but that's a load of crap and you know it. Anytime right wingers do something like, say, run over and kill a girl on the left at a protest to remove a Confederate statue in Charlottesville you people just parrot Trump's words when he labels it as "fake news!! ! ! blah! blah! blah!" and "Good people on both sides!". And now we have a 17 year old kid who is a Trump supporter that shot at left wing protestors in Kenosha and your supreme Neo Nazi leader Trump defended this murderer.

You seemed to have not read what I stated, so I'll simplify it for you:
Right-wing protest, no left-wing "counter protest" - Non violent
Right-wing protest, left-wing "counter protest" - violent
Left-wing protest, no right-wing "counter protest" - often violent
Left-wing protest, right-wing "counter protest" - Unknown, as I can't recall any.

What do the violent protests all have in common?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:35 am

Funny how people quoting the "fine people on both sides" speech always leave out the "except the white supremacists, they should be condemned outright!" bit.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:07 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Funny how people quoting the "fine people on both sides" speech always leave out the "except the white supremacists, they should be condemned outright!" bit.

Source? I checked this, but couldn't find the qualification you mentioned:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019 ... s-remarks/

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:10 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Trump era is a reprieve for the United States before the country is overtaken by the communist elements in the government and in the streets. Those looking forward to a leftist totalitarian state can be happy that their long wait is almost over.

And what about a totalitarian rightist state? :roll:

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:20 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What has been totalitarian about the Trump presidency? Totalitarian enactments generally come out of the left as is happening now.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:27 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What has been totalitarian about the Trump presidency? Totalitarian enactments generally come out of the left as is happening now.

Locking illegal immigrants of a certain race including children up in sh***y prisons, banning people from the country on the basis of their religion, pardoning war criminals, sending secret police to arrest protestors without due process, tampering with our mail to rig the votes in his favor, labelling the free press as being the enemy of the people, spreading lies and misinformation about a deadly pandemic that's killings thousands of his own people.

Also the left are not the ones in power, in case you forgot our current president is a right winger.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:47 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Locking illegal immigrants of a certain race including children up in sh***y prisons, banning people from the country on the basis of their religion, pardoning war criminals, sending secret police to arrest protestors without due process, tampering with our mail to rig the votes in his favor, labelling the free press as being the enemy of the people, spreading lies and misinformation about a deadly pandemic that's killings thousands of his own people.

Also the left are not the ones in power, in case you forgot our current president is a right winger.

Lots of left wing talking points there. Not many (any) facts. The president controls the executive branch not the entire government. The deep state is on a path towards communism and it is too late to stop it. Not to worry, you will get your sought after communist country after Trump is out of office.