Woman who gave fish tank cleaner now investigated for murder

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 2:16 pm

This surprises no one who isn't blinded by TDS.

Woman Who Blamed Trump after Giving Her Husband Fish-Tank Cleaner Now Under Investigation for Murder

Arizona police are now conducting a homicide investigation into a woman who claimed she gave her husband fish tank cleaner after President Trump claimed the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine was an effective treatment for coronavirus.

Wanda Lenius told NBC News last month that she and her husband Gary consumed fish tank cleaner because it contained a chemical that Trump suggested might be an effective prophylactic and treatment for coronavirus. The cocktail, which contained four teaspoons of fish tank cleaner mixed with soda water, put Wanda in the ICU and killed Gary. “My advice,” Wanda explained, is “don’t believe anything that the President says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about.”

The Washington Free Beacon, which first reported that Wanda was a “prolific” Democratic donor and that she had a troubling relationship with her husband that included a previous domestic assault charge, revealed Tuesday night that Mesa City Police Department is conducting a criminal investigation into the death of Gary, and requested recordings of the Free Beacon’s interviews with Wanda.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/wom ... or-murder/

There Are Four Lights!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 2:41 pm

Quote:
... Wanda Lenius told NBC News last month that she and her husband Gary consumed fish tank cleaner because it contained a chemical that Trump suggested might be an effective prophylactic and treatment for coronavirus. The cocktail, which contained four teaspoons of fish tank cleaner mixed with soda water, put Wanda in the ICU and killed Gary...
"Gary, you're bigger than I am, so two for you ... one for me ... two for you ... one for me ... Bottoms up!"

:skull:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 2:48 pm

I was wondering ...

He was a senior engineer at John Deer Tractor.

How could he be so dumb?

Be the hero of your life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 3:35 pm

There was an old murder case,I don't recall the names or places,but a woman did poison her husband with fish tank cleaner.This was at least 30 years ago,I believe it was also tied in with Tylenol tampering as well.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:31 pm

A month or two ago I posted the following on Wrong Planet. I can't find the thread but I kept a copy of the posting.

THERE IS SOMETHING ROTTEN IN THE STATE OF DENMARK

This is an old saying that originated in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet. The saying means, "Something is not right, seriously amiss, especially when leading to suspicion of motive."

So while I was sleeping, my mind began to focus on warning labels. In the United States we live in a free society. Generally we do what we want. If someone wants to drink Drano Drain Cleaner, they could probably do it.

But in general, a product like Drano will contain a warning label, such as:

If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children.
Read label before use.
Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician.
Specific treatment (see supplemental first aid instructions on this label).
IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.

So why would someone drink Drano? Well a young child who cannot read might find a bottle and accidentally drink some. Or someone trying to commit suicide. Or someone trying to commit murder.

What started this thought train was an article in the news about a couple in Arizona that drank fish tank cleaner who believed it was a cure for the coronavirus.

Quote:
An Arizona man died and his wife was hospitalized after officials said they treated themselves on Sunday with a deadly home remedy for the new coronavirus — a popular fish tank additive that has the same active ingredient as an anti-malaria drug.

The drug, known as chloroquine phosphate or chloroquine, has been bandied about by President Trump during White House briefings on the coronavirus pandemic as a potential “game changer” in the treatment of Covid-19.

The couple, who officials at Banner Health, a hospital system based in Phoenix, said were in their 60s and were from Maricopa County, quickly experienced side effects that included nausea and vomiting. They were not tested for the coronavirus.

The man died from cardiac arrest and his wife was initially listed in critical condition, according to hospital officials, who said on Monday that the woman had been upgraded to stable condition and was expected to make a full recovery.

Source: Man Fatally Poisons Himself While Self-Medicating for Coronavirus, Doctor Says

What is interesting is that “They were not tested for the coronavirus.” So why did they decide to experiment on themselves?

So in the morning I wanted to see what she claimed they consumed and look at the warning label. So I did an Amazon search. What did I find? Nothing. None of the products listed on Amazon as a fish tank cleaner contained chloroquine phosphate. What does that mean, it means that this particular fish tank cleaner was not common.

I widened my search to the entire Internet. I came across the following product. CHLOROQUINE PHOSPHATE - 10 GRAMS

Rather than being a fish tank cleaner; it is rather a fish tank drug. It is a medication used to treat Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans), Marine Velvet Disease (Amyloodinium), Brooklynella hostilis, & Uronema marinum in fish aquariums.

According to the description “It has been widely used by hobbyists in the early days of the marine aquarium hobby and used in the aquaculture industry since the 70s and 80s. It is typically unavailable to the majority of the reefing community due to it normally being available only through a Veterinarian via a prescription. I feel your pain if you are like me and tried to get Chloroquine phosphate from a veterinarian. It is difficult to obtain.”

So this drug must be prescribed by a veterinarian to obtain legally.

The product contains a TERMS OF USE that reads:
Quote:
By purchasing this product you are agreeing to these terms. This is to certify that the medications purchased by myself or any Company employees will be used ONLY in the treatment and maintenance of ornamental fish. This medication is NOT Intended For Human Consumption! I am aware of the restrictions placed on the sale of this medication and agree the personnel responsible for the treatment of our ornamental fish will be instructed in their proper usage. We agree not to intentionally divert these chemicals for any other use and have been instructed to establish and maintain records of the purchase and use of these items.

So let us dig a little deeper. According to the following article: Woman who said she drank fish-tank cleaner because of president's advice is not a Trump supporter

Quote:
The 61-year-old woman, whose first name is Wanda but has asked for her full identity to be withheld, survived the ordeal. Her 68-year-old husband, Gary, did not. Wanda has said that she and her husband each took a "teaspoon" of the fish-tank cleaner; medical toxicology results and a police investigation were pending.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" Wanda told NBC News, referring to the chloroquine phosphate in her fish-tank cleaner.

According to another news article: Fact-check: Don’t drink chloroquine fish-tank cleaner to stop coronavirus. It might kill you.

Quote:
She said that she had seen Trump talk in a press conference about the promise of chloroquine as a possible coronavirus cure, and that she had the fish-tank cleaner stored away.
“We saw his press conference. It was on a lot, actually,” she said. “I had it in the house because I used to have koi fish.”
“I just saw it sitting on the back shelf and said, ‘Hey, isn’t that that stuff they’re talking about on TV?’” she said. She and her husband mixed about one teaspoon each with soda and drank the concoction as a preventative measure, she said.

So if she and her husband were not tested for the coronavirus, what possessed them to drink the stuff to self medicate? This is medication requiring a prescription from a Veterinarian and has a caution, “This medication is NOT Intended For Human Consumption!”

Several media organizations that confused the chloroquine medication with chloroquine phosphate used in fish tanks later issued corrections. Some have not, however, and continue to incorrectly insist that the fish tank cleaner could treat coronavirus.

What I find interesting is the way this was covered from a political lens. NBC reporter interviewed the woman and this is what she said:

Quote:
Woman in ICU: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
NBC: "What would be your message to the American public?"
Woman: "Oh my God. Don't take anything. Don't believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the President says & his people...call your doctor.

There are several interesting things here. First off she said, “Call your doctor”. She did not go through her doctor to obtain chloroquine phosphate or chloroquine medication. Perhaps she didn’t even get a prescription for this medication from her Veterinarian. And she definitely ignored any safety warning that this was not for human use. She said that she and her husband each took a teaspoon. I wonder what the dosage rate for a teaspoon equates to? One of the basic principles of toxicology is, “The dose makes the poison”.

The other interesting thing is that she politicized this.

The Washington Free Beacon quickly unearthed evidence that NBC News did not, including Wanda's numerous donations to Democrats as recently as February. In that month, Wanda donated to the PAC 314 Action Fund, which has called itself the "pro-science resistance" to the White House. Federal Election Commission records reviewed by the outlet revealed [Wanda has donated thousands of dollars to Democratic electoral groups and candidates over the past two years], including Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the pro-choice EMILY's List.

Additionally, Fox News has reviewed a Facebook page apparently belonging to Wanda, which was first identified by the Twitter user Techno Fog. "Your psycho prez is in [t]own, are you going to see him?" Wanda wrote on Facebook on Feb. 19, by way of wishing a friend a happy birthday. Trump was in town at a rally in Phoenix, Ariz., on that day.

So she doesn’t sound like a person who would blindly follow anything that Trump might recommend.

She has some culpability in her husband’s death. As she stated "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" Wanda told NBC News, referring to the chloroquine phosphate in her fish-tank cleaner. Did she fetch it from the shelf and administer this to her husband?

So I think there might be more to this story. Then a few days ago Techno Fog [an anonymous lawyer who has amassed a large following on Twitter wrote: “Court records show the wife who fed her husband fish cleaner (poison?) has a history of mental illness (paranoia, depression) and had considered divorcing her husband as far back as 2012.”

Source: Nevada Woman Who Drank Fish Tank Cleaner Tried to Divorce Husband, Suffers From Mental Illness

So is this true? Where are the investigative reporters today? Do they even exist?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:36 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
There was an old murder case,I don't recall the names or places,but a woman did poison her husband with fish tank cleaner.This was at least 30 years ago,I believe it was also tied in with Tylenol tampering as well.

My brother's second wife poisoned him over a long period of time, and it was determined through hair samples showing the timeline, almost like rings on a tree trunk.

Yes I have a crazy life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:43 pm

And then if I recall correctly, there is the possibility that she heard a news report that said some fish tank cleaners contain chloroquine phosphate. She then may have assumed that all fish tank cleaners contain that ingredient and then fed this to her husband. The fish tank cleaner likely contained no chloroquine phosphate but rather formaldehyde (used in making embalming fluid).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

My brother's second wife poisoned him over a long period of time, and it was determined through hair samples showing the timeline, almost like rings on a tree trunk.

Yes I have a crazy life.

8O :o :x

Ummm...were these hair samples from his living body, or from his dead body?

I mean...did she succeed in offing him? Or was he saved by ...getting sick and causing an investigation?

Or what?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Apr 2020, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:47 pm

So...there is the "twinky defense", and there is "affluenza".

So maybe in this trial they can invoke an "I didn't know that the president was an idiot defense". :lol:

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Apr 2020, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 6:51 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Yes I have a crazy life.

8O :o :x

Ummm...were these hair samples from his living body, or from his dead body?

I mean...did she succeed in offing him? Or was he saved by ...getting sick and causing an investigation?

Or what?

Oh heavens -- sorry about that! I should have clarified that he is alive and well, and divorced.

I can't remember what the drug was because it was over 20 years ago, but it really happened.

MalYoung1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Sep 2020, 8:42 am

What just happened, Jesus Christ...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 9:12 am

I dont understand how anyone can be this dumb. After Trump gave out this advice, I was sure he would lose supporters but wrong. This is a crazy country I live in.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 9:27 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I dont understand how anyone can be this dumb. After Trump gave out this advice, I was sure he would lose supporters but wrong. This is a crazy country I live in.

I think your problem is that you are working from the incorrect assumption that he told people to do something, when footage shows this was not the case (he was talking to one of the experts nearby about whther there was something similar which could be looked into, not to the press who went and mis-represented what occurred).

Then people, not believeing he would have said something like that, or alternatively looking for it to have a laugh at what supposedly happened, find the footage and see how it was mis-reported, which can lead towards greater support (or less belief in reports of "bad things" he has "done") through this mis-representation.

The problem is that the media pick select sections of events that they believe will satisfy the needs of the portion of the population they want to target, knowing that if they meet the "desires" of their audience, this audience won't go and try to confirm that what they have reported is true, or even the whole story.

If a story sounds too strange to be true, it probably is...If it sounds like what you expect would have happened: remember that it was this same source which likely helped in the creation of your expectations. Find a site that allows you to see the same event from both "left" and "right" (https://web.ground.news/ for example) and see how it is presented to the "other side" before putting too much faith in what your preferred side wants you to think.