Three friends killed on fishing trip

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:04 am

On a dirt road near cow pastures,orange groves and a lake,a Florida sheriff said he encountered one of the worst crime scenes of his career.Three close friends appeared to have been beaten and killed on a nighttime catfishing trip.

The killings shocked 3K town Frostproof,FL about 70 miles south of Orlando,the victims-Damion Tillman,23,Kevin Springfield,30 and Brandon Rollins,27 were massacred,sheriff Grady Judd said.

Neighbors interviewed by police said the lake is known as a common party location where locals go on the weekends.

The sheriff said there were no signs of bad drug deals,theft or domestic violence,we have no knowledge of why these murders occurred said sheriff Grady Judd.

Mr Tillman arrived first in a red truck and was killed,the other two arrived later in a white truck and were killed.

Mr Rollins called his father on the phone and his father Cyril rushed to the lake only to find all three dead.Before Mr. Rollins died he said something to his father about the events,but the sheriff declined to comment on his words.

The sheriff said it was the worst murder scene he had ever seen.

The New York Times

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:18 am

The victims might have stumbled upon some kind of organized crime staging area for drug smuggling. But that sorta thing you would expect to happen on the southern coasts of Florida. Not something you would expect inland in north central Florida near Orlando.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The victims might have stumbled upon some kind of organized crime staging area for drug smuggling. But that sorta thing you would expect to happen on the southern coasts of Florida. Not something you would expect inland in north central Florida near Orlando.
Florida is very transient and attracts a lot of drifter's,maybe they ran into a serial killer,I don't know,it's hard to speculate. :?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:28 am

vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Florida is very transient and attracts a lot of drifter's,maybe they ran into a serial killer,I don't know,it's hard to speculate. :?

So, the suspect or suspects appear to be homeless canabals with necrophilia tendencies?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:45 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So, the suspect or suspects appear to be homeless canabals with necrophilia tendencies?
Drifters usually live in cheap motels,no evidence the bodies were eaten,some details may have been unreleased.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 8:23 am

Did the article show any pictures of the crime scene?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 8:24 am

vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Serial killers dont normally operate that way. They abduct you, and then take you home to have fun torturing you and dismembering you for twisted sexual pleasure. And serial killers usually go after women, or children, or young teen guys. Sometimes adult men (like that real life woman played by Charlize Theron, or like Daumier). But again its usually one on one. They dont slaughter groups of people usually. But it might be that they accidentally stumbled upon a serial killer burying bodies of other victims. And got snuffed for being witnesses. But then why didnt the said serial killer bury THEM too?

I suspect that its a case of mistaken identity, or a case of innocent folks accidently trespassing or witnessing something. Maybe it was a still illegal pot growing farm they blundered into. And the owner thought they were leaf thieves, or were a rival grower. Who knows?

Or maybe ... the Florida Skunk Ape got 'em. Thats the local Florida version of Sasquatch.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 8:40 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
Did the article show any pictures of the crime scene?
No,I don't think any crime scene photos have been released.As time passes I'm sure more info will come out.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 8:45 am

naturalplastic wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Serial killers dont normally operate that way. They abduct you, and then take you home to have fun torturing you and dismembering you for twisted sexual pleasure. And serial killers usually go after women, or children, or young teen guys. Sometimes adult men (like that real life woman played by Charlize Theron, or like Daumier). But again its usually one on one. They dont slaughter groups of people usually. But it might be that they accidentally stumbled upon a serial killer burying bodies of other victims. And got snuffed for being witnesses. But then why didnt the said serial killer bury THEM too?

I suspect that its a case of mistaken identity, or a case of innocent folks accidently trespassing or witnessing something. Maybe it was a still illegal pot growing farm they blundered into. And the owner thought they were leaf thieves, or were a rival grower. Who knows?

Or maybe ... the Florida Skunk Ape got 'em. Thats the local Florida version of Sasquatch.
Yea,serial killers don't usually leave there bodies where they were killed and like you said,would likely have taken them somewhere to be used for a purpose.But the sheriff swears that drugs and robbery weren't a factor,this is a bizarre crime for sure!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 8:57 am

Why does it always seem that the lack of public information always leads the public to assume the worst, the most fantastic, or even the impossible?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 9:00 am

Fnord wrote:
Why does it always seem that the lack of public information always leads the public to assume the worst, the most fantastic, or even the impossible?
I think at this point we just don't know,the crime doesn't profile as being a certain type of crime.Usually at this point in an investigation we would have a profile of a crime type.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 11:36 am

Thanks to this story leaving my imagination running wild, I have some great ideas on how to decorate for Halloween in a couple of months if anyone is interested.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

You’d have to know more about the victims.Were they nice people?
They could have been into unsavory stuff and someone took revenge.Some body that had an idea where they would be.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 1:04 pm

"Deliverance" come to life?

Maybe those guys refused to "squeal...like a pig"!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 2:07 pm

Police still have no leed's on any suspects at this time.No known motive

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 6:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
"Deliverance" come to life?

Maybe those guys refused to "squeal...like a pig"!

Maybe the other way around, they made someone squeal on a previous fishing trip and now the squealer has taken revenge.