Brooklyn Blue and Black Lives Matter Protesters clash

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 2:24 am

Pro-cop demonstrators clash with Black Lives Matter protesters in Bay Ridge

Quote:
Pro-cop demonstrators faced off against Black Lives Matter protesters in southern Brooklyn for the second day in a row Sunday evening in a tense clash where protesters torched an American flag and tossed eggs at each other.

Scuffles between the two groups broke out in Bay Ridge as NYPD officers were forced to step in and separate about 100 Black Lives Matter protesters and several dozen cop supporters, video posted on social media showed.

The pro-NYPD rally launched from Bay Ridge and Fourth Avenues at about 5:30 p.m., with the counter-protest kicking off at around the same time about a mile away on 86th Street and Fourth Avenue.

The anti-cop demonstrators torched an American flag and also burned a Blue Lives Matter T-shirt, hat and sign, according to footage of the demonstration.

Witnesses said one of the Blue Lives Matter demonstrators was detained after hitting and shoving a female Black Lives Matter protester to the ground and throwing an egg into the crowd.

Footage showed several in the anti-cop crowd blocking an NYPD van from transporting the alleged assailant, with some saying it was because the man hadn’t been placed in handcuffs as they believed he should have been.

“F—k the police” and “F—k you terrorist b—tches,” they chanted.

Another clip posted online showed a cop being hit in the face by an egg.

A Black Lives Matter protester was heard calling police supporters “a bunch of low lifes” — while a Blue Lives Matter demonstrator said the anti-cop crew should “go home” before calling a Post reporter a “b—h.”

By around 9 p.m., police were attempting to push both groups back, as tussles continued to break out. At least one trash can on Fifth Avenue was torched, and soon turned into a bonfire as people threw in signs and other cardboard materials went up in flames.

“Why are you lighting s—t on fire?” a woman holding a plastic cup of wine asked an anti-cop protester.

The protester responded: “Take your drunk ass out of my face.”

Outside The Leif Bar on 5th Avenue, about five Blue Lives Matter supporters and a group of counter-protesters began to trade jibes — but were then seen hugging.

The NYPD said two people were arrested, but couldn’t immediately provide details on the circumstances.

Councilman Justin Brannan, whose district includes Bay Ridge, wrote on Twitter that he was “disturbed” by the violence and that he would be meeting with the local 68th precinct on Monday.

“The blame falls squarely at the feet of the elected officials & leaders who refused to take responsibility for the vitriol and hatred displayed at yesterday’s protest,” he wrote, referring to the clashes that took place in the neighboring Dyker Heights on Saturday.

Councilman Chaim Deutsch, who represents other southern Brooklyn neighborhoods, tweeted that he was “disgusted” to see Old Glory torched by protesters.

“Disgusted to see images of American flags being burned at an anti-police demonstration in Bay Ridge today,” he wrote. “If you hate America enough to burn our flag, feel free to leave.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 3:26 am

Will this ever end, wouldn't it be great if the rioters would do what Buddhist monks did during the gulf war.Light themselves on fire and burn to death.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 6:23 am

I wouldn’t go that extreme.

Most people aren’t stupid like that.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 7:11 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Will this ever end, wouldn't it be great if the rioters would do what Buddhist monks did during the gulf war.Light themselves on fire and burn to death.

I think it is more likely for these people to copycat something from South Park, where Chef was protesting his rights and instead of lighting himself on fire, he doused a monk in gasoline and burned the monk.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:30 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I think it is more likely for these people to copycat something from South Park, where Chef was protesting his rights and instead of lighting himself on fire, he doused a monk in gasoline and burned the monk.
As most know recently Charlie Daniels has died and he had a song called "simple man" which talked about dropping drug dealers out in the swamp.That's what I think of these rioters and protesters,put them out in the swamp and let the Moccasins,gator's and ratlers do the rest.These rioters are nothing but anarchist scum,period!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:36 am

These unit-cop rioters are pawns in the war on Western Civilization.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:45 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

As most know recently Charlie Daniels has died and he had a song called "simple man" which talked about dropping drug dealers out in the swamp.That's what I think of these rioters and protesters,put them out in the swamp and let the Moccasins,gator's and ratlers do the rest.These rioters are nothing but anarchist scum,period!

Too complicated to take all of them to the swamp, would be easier to bring the swamp to them. Would be a piece of cake to drop a couple of dozen twenty feet pythons into CHAZ or what have you while sending all law enforcement on a vacation. No animal control due to service cuts would make a fun job for the protesters to control the snake problem.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:53 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Too complicated to take all of them to the swamp, would be easier to bring the swamp to them. Would be a piece of cake to drop a couple of dozen twenty feet pythons into CHAZ or what have you while sending all law enforcement on a vacation. No animal control due to service cuts would make a fun job for the protesters to control the snake problem.
Even better,the exotic pet trade in America,drop taipan's,black mamba's and cape cobra's into the protesters,that should do the trick.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:56 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Even better,the exotic pet trade in America,drop taipan's,black mamba's and cape cobra's into the protesters,that should do the trick.
I hope you don't have a problem with the protestors...rather the rioters and looters. In the US we have a right to peacefully protest.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:12 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Better idea, instead of sending in just regular old snakes, why not genetically engineer some sort of monster to set loose in the root areas?

Cross breeding a cobra, an elephant, an alligator, tarantula, and a culture, you have yourself a good replacement for a K9 unit.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:36 am

Steve1963 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I hope you don't have a problem with the protestors...rather the rioters and looters. In the US we have a right to peacefully protest.
If there are any peaceful protesters :?:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:38 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Better idea, instead of sending in just regular old snakes, why not genetically engineer some sort of monster to set loose in the root areas?

Cross breeding a cobra, an elephant, an alligator, tarantula, and a culture, you have yourself a good replacement for a K9 unit.
Just don't use a king cobra as your cobra species because they have enough venom to kill the elephant,no joke.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:41 am

The point of the cobra is to make the monster spit venom at the looters.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:49 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Of course there are and you full well know it.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 10:54 am

Steve1963 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Of course there are and you full well know it.
Some are peaceful but still advocate anarchy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 2:07 pm

Many protesters are just regular people who don’t advocate anarchy.