Trump Offers Only Denial & Delusion to Resolve Pandemic.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 1:41 pm

Rarely has a president shown himself to be so unequal to a tragic national emergency.

Hundreds of Americans are dying daily and tens of thousands are getting infected from a once-in-a-century virus. States and cities are closing down again, threatening to trigger a ruinous new economic slump. Doctors and nurses lack sufficient protective gear as they battle the deadly pathogen. And with testing swamped by waves of disease, one top official is warning of the "the most difficult time" ever for US public health this winter.

What is needed from Trump and his administration is a plan to tackle the most relentless national challenge since World War II, consoling words to memorialize the 136,000 Americans who are already dead and the thousands destined to follow, and the rhetoric to summon the will to triumph over this invisible enemy.

All Trump can offer is self-pity, incoherence and indifference. He came across as a leader living in a different dimension from his people and their fear and suffering and uncertainty about what the coming months will bring.

This is a President who has demonstrably failed to beat back the virus and has long since stopped trying to lead the country out of the darkness. He resorts to boasting about inconclusive steps he took months ago -- like limiting travel from China -- that have no relevance to the current moment, and he complains he's not getting enough credit for his performance.

More from
This CNN Article.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jul 2020, 1:54 pm

Has he totally lost touch with reality or has he never really been in touch with it, just with the glittery veneer?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 2:06 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Has he totally lost touch with reality or has he never really been in touch with it, just with the glittery veneer?
I think the sentence "... he complains he's not getting enough credit for his performance" from the article sums it up nicely.  For Mr. Trump, his time in office has never really been anything other than a performance.  Remember how he wanted a Nobel Prize for just getting elected?  I guess being snubbed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for his performance was too much for him to bear.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm

I wrote this in a PPR topic ...

There's no leadership.

There's no plan.

Trump keeps telling us, "it will go away".

We're all expendable "red shirts" now ...
Image[/quote]

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 5:51 pm

Previously...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 7:11 pm

Totally predictable. Not the coronavirus but how Trump would handle a crisis.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:14 pm

I thought he just offered to streamline communications about case & death data, taking the burden off of the CDC (lol) and bringing it in house to the department of Health and Human Services? :lol: :(

This is going to make things much, Much, worse. On top of the HORRIFIC way that states, businesses, and the general population are behaving.. I’ve seen screenshots of FB posts describing working conditions in bars that are open that have dozens of cases and people being forced to work sick while they await test results in right to work states. Wtf? Here, if anyone has any symptoms they’re told to go home and quarantine for 14 days. (Might not be 100% compliance, but it’s light years better than the other situation.)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 6:27 pm

This is someone who has never, ever, had to account for his irresponsibility.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 8:24 pm

blazingstar wrote:
This is someone who has never, ever, had to account for his irresponsibility.

Maddening isn't it?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 8:29 pm

Where I work, we have staggered our hours and work-days by department.  Most people can still put in 40+ hours each week, but they may rarely see other employees in their departments.  Some of the high-risk types have work-at-home duty assisting lower-risk people remotely.  We're struggling, but we're also getting by.