Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 2:09 am

From "our" ABC:

Quote:
US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been admitted to hospital for treatment of a possible infection.

"The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment," court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

Justice Ginsburg, 87, was initially seen at a hospital in Washington DC on Monday night after experiencing a fever and chills.

She had a procedure at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on Tuesday afternoon to clean a bile duct stent that was placed last August.

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-15/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalised-with-possible-infection/12457084

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:34 am

i fear her highway miles are catching up to her. i pray for her to continue in good health. we need her.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 11:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
i fear her highway miles are catching up to her. i pray for her to continue in good health. we need her.

Praying also for her continued well being.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

I wish she wasn’t hospitalized so much.

She’s a brave, tough woman....the Notorious RBG!

(not because she’s a liberal).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 5:37 pm

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg 'doing well' after release from hospital for infection

Quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was discharged from a Baltimore hospital Wednesday after receiving treatment for a possible infection, a Supreme Courtspokeswoman said.

Ginsburg's release, coming less than 48 hours after she was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital, came sooner than the expected "few days" stay first anticipated by the court.

"She is home and doing well," spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

The 87-year-old justice and four-time cancer survivor experienced fever and chills on Monday evening. She was later treated with intravenous antibiotics and underwent an endoscopic procedure to "clean out a bile duct stent," according to the court.

The latest health scare for Ginsburg has rattled her supporters, who are hoping she will continue to serve until a Democratic president can name her replacement.

Ginsburg, who has continued to participate in court business -- including dissents in two major death penalty cases in the last 24 hours -- has said she will continue on the high court as long as she is mentally and physically able.

Appointment to the Supreme Court is for life, provided justices maintain good behavior. There are no rules mandating retirement by a certain age, under certain health conditions or other incapacities.

Ginsburg is the oldest member of the court.

In May 2020, the justice was treated for several days for an infection caused by a "benign gallbladder condition." She was also hospitalized in November 2019 for a possible infection.

The health episode in May did not impede Ginsburg's participation in court business and she participated in telephonic oral arguments from the hospital.

ABC News confirmed this spring that Ginsburg had been continuing her famous workouts during the pandemic at a special fitness space set aside for her inside the courthouse. In January, she declared that she is "cancer free."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:33 pm

Much as I wish her a swift and uncomplicated recovery, I cant help but wonder what it is with the US and having all the high-level official positions be filled by geriatrics.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:57 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Much as I wish her a swift and uncomplicated recovery, I cant help but wonder what it is with the US and having all the high-level official positions be filled by geriatrics.

like hell they're giving up power.

they're going down with this sinking ship.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.