trump plans to send feds into democrat cities

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,729
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Jul 2020, 1:05 am

i only request that our civilized northern neighbors pray for us. we are in bad trouble now.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,324
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

21 Jul 2020, 1:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
i only request that our civilized northern neighbors pray for us. we are in bad trouble now.


I'm praying as hard as I can.

Image



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,729
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Jul 2020, 1:57 am

prayer is about all we mere mortals have left in our bag of tricks. we are fighting a whirlwind.



Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,603
Location: USA

21 Jul 2020, 5:38 am

Here's a story from Belarus, a former Soviet satellite state and current dictatorship. Remind you of something going on right here, right now?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 73,389
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Jul 2020, 5:42 am

Yep. Very similar.

I thought it was Portland, at first.

Trump is seeking to be overarching in his authority.

And he makes asinine generalizations about “Democrats,” “liberals,” and “progressives.” Almost as if he relies solely on Alt-Right sources exclusively.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,552
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

21 Jul 2020, 12:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. Very similar.

I thought it was Portland, at first.

Trump is seeking to be overarching in his authority.

And he makes asinine generalizations about “Democrats,” “liberals,” and “progressives.” Almost as if he relies solely on Alt-Right sources exclusively.


Almost?

lol trump is right wing conspiracy theorist media’s wet dream! The right wing media knows he watches them and speak directly to him in their programming..


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,324
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

21 Jul 2020, 12:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
prayer is about all we mere mortals have left in our bag of tricks. we are fighting a whirlwind.


Sometimes a monster needs slain and that increasingly seems to be the appropriate way of dealing with a certain tyrant. There comes a point where the fallout can't be worse than the cost of not acting, although I don't believe that threshold has been crossed it is approaching.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 73,389
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Jul 2020, 12:55 pm

We should let the electoral process take care of this—and should Trump refuse to step down, come down on him HARD.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,324
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

21 Jul 2020, 1:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We should let the electoral process take care of this—and should Trump refuse to step down, come down on him HARD.


I don't disagree, but I'd still accept the alternative as a positive. He might be uniquely terrible.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,729
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Jul 2020, 3:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
prayer is about all we mere mortals have left in our bag of tricks. we are fighting a whirlwind.


Sometimes a monster needs slain and that increasingly seems to be the appropriate way of dealing with a certain tyrant. There comes a point where the fallout can't be worse than the cost of not acting, although I don't believe that threshold has been crossed it is approaching.

that monster is just a figurehead, an appendage, representing a much worse megamonster that will insure that if that particular appendage is amputated, will promptly be replaced by an even worse appendage. we have met the enemy, and he is us.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,367
Location: Houston, Texas

21 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm

Have the protesters made any attempts to “liberate“ the red states?

How have eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, and Idaho fared in all this?


_________________
“Hell yeah, I’m coming for your guns!”

—Beto O’Rourke


Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 555

21 Jul 2020, 5:04 pm

Portland is living up to the nickname President Bush gave it in 1991, "Little Beirut". It does not really matter who the people of Portland blame for the mess. It is their mess. If they want it solved, it can only be solved locally. They have their votes, they can have counter-protests. It is their mess.

In the meantime the rioters are trashing Federal property. As a Federal taxpayer I have a problem with that. The city will eventually ask the Federal government to help pay for damages. I don't want my tax money to go to Portland.


If Trump wins in November, the democrats will burn the cities down. If Joe wins in November, the republicans will get up and go to work.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,729
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Jul 2020, 5:11 pm

the GOP will "go to work" obstructing progress as they usually do.



Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 555

21 Jul 2020, 5:28 pm

The Motor City of Detroit, Pittsburgh steel, the breweries of
St. Louis, mercantile Chicago where all railroads meet,
Gotham Manhattan, bustling Baltimore Harbor,
our American cradle of Philadelphia,
⏤All our once proud prosperous American metropolises
That were not just urban but urbane and civilized,
That took so many generations of free industrious Americans to build and raise up so distinguished and illustrious to a watchful world.
And for just two generations of governing collectivist redistributionist policies to bring our cities crashing down
depraved and decadent.
It’s unforgivable by those summarily incapable of governing.
Some confuse poverty for culture.
Crime and violence aren’t the inevitable results
of poverty or too few opportunities, but of the broken family.
Material poverty doesn’t cause crime.
Moral poverty does.

The rich and middle class under collectivism are incrementally lost.
Eventually, no longer free,
all are equally poor living inescapable misery.

So I ask, progress?



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,729
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Jul 2020, 5:40 pm

middle and upper class "progress" is the working class' oppression. "trickle down" is a pernicious myth, meant as a back of the hand to the lower classes.



Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,603
Location: USA

21 Jul 2020, 6:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
middle and upper class "progress" is the working class' oppression. "trickle down" is a pernicious myth, meant as a back of the hand to the lower classes.


Well stated auntblabby.