LSD reduces symptoms of Autism and chronic pain

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 10:24 am

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/americans-increase-lsd-use-and-a-bleak-outlook-for-the-world-may-be-to-blame1/

An article from Scientific American mostly to do with an increase in people taking LSD, but near the end, it also says the LSD has potential for reducing the symptoms of autism.

Quote:
Similar to psilocybin, other evidence indicates that LSD could be used to alleviate depression and anxiety, treat alcohol dependence and reduce symptoms of autism.

Research on medical and therapeutic uses of LSD is hampered by the classification by the US as a Schedule 1 drug, characterized by the US as having a potential for addiction and having no value medically.

What research there has been shows LSD is not addictive, is not lethal even with huge overdoses, and does have therapeutic value, particularly in the treatment of depression and anxiety.

The other point that interested me personally, is that a woman who accidentally took a huge overdose of LSD, thinking it was a line of cocaine, ended up with a reduction in her chronic pain. As someone who has had chronic pain limiting my activities for about 25 years now...how lovely it would be to have that pain reduced.

Quote:
In 2015, for example, a 49-year old woman reportedly took 550 times the normal recreational dose of LSD because she mistook it for a line of cocaine. According to CNN, after being incapacitated for about a day, the woman said that chronic pain she had suffered in her feet and ankles, caused by Lyme disease, had significantly improved.

I realize there have been some other threads on using LSD recreationally or spiritually. This is a news item I thought would be of interest to us as autistics and many of us have chronic pain.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 1:44 am

I have some first hand knowledge of lsd use. I read that same article I believe - and there was a link to the autism lsd studies. I was curious what their documented benefits were.. like are they saying it just makes people less shy/anxious and more social under the influence or post use Or something else entirely - like new brain connections formed ? Dunno so I clicked to find out and it led to some page saying they'd compiled the few studies that had been done and were selling temporary access to read them for like $80 for a few days access or some BS so I passed. Would have skimmed them if it was free, but $80 buys several hits of acid, soooo..priorities. Better to experience the benefits once in a while vs just read about them.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:15 am

i'll never take lsd again :mrgreen: :|
have you ever taken that, blazingstar??

i be, more shy, less social, more anxious, more peer pressure?
& i can't speak and people go insinuating /while\ you're like :?: :?: 8O

strange things like undercoverpolice, mentalhealth crisises and violence infiltration, happen all around, as in:
gladio, and other splitting of personality programs, (monarch program, relive the summer of monarchprogramming)

one suspects another wave of propaganda // medical & magazine is a giveaway, ofcourse