Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 11:55 am

Government resigned.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 2:25 pm

holy bejeebers .....! Now What ?

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 7:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Government resigned.

It seems highly risky to have stored that much ammonium nitrate? fertiliser stockpile?

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 7:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Government resigned.

It seems highly risky to have stored that much ammonium nitrate? fertiliser stockpile?

They knew that. They just didn't really care. Taking care of the nitrates wouldn't have made them money or increased their grip on power.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 8:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Government resigned.

- The stocked ammonium nitrate had a ~30 % of azote; much higher than those used for fertilizing; this is used for explosives.

- The buyer of the stock is unknown, the whole purchase thing is very shady. The ship story is strange.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53683082
My instinct that the ship's problems story is a cover up of something else.

- The colonel who wanted it to be removed in 2017, was most likely killed, two conflicting autopsy reports : one saying he just fell, the other says he fell but had bruises on face.

- A lot of eye witnesses (and ear witnesses) heard jet sounds, there was a video sent by a worker inside the port (before he got killed) where he was saying that he heard "two air strikes". This sound still not confirmed whether it was really an air strike or some chemical reaction sound.

- Welders were hired to fix a 'hole' in the container before one hour of the blast, and there are photos of those welders working (yet no welding tools appeared in the photos, only hammers and simple tools), why these workers took photos while working? Who took them and is it a standard procedure to take photos of workers fixing something there?

- Hezbollah's leader was used to accuse Israel for every incident in every speech, if someone sneezed in China he would accuse the Jewish sate to be behind it. Only in his post-blast speech he didn't mention Israel at all nor accused it at all, which is so remarkable. Were they hiding weapons or missile parts there? Israel accused Iran before of sending missile parts to be assembled by Hezbollah in Lebanon.

- Iran was getting frequent explosions msyeriously in sensitive areas, such as chemical and nuclear-related facilities https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Iran_explosions.

All this may be a conspiracy theory, but the number of "coincidences" is so weird.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Aug 2020, 8:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 8:38 am

Didnt Israel bomb Lebanon at some point? I have a YouTube Lebanese lady I am subscribed who mentioned it in older videos when describing living in a building with a hairdresser who worked for a singer she loved called Saba or smthing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 8:40 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
Didnt Israel bomb Lebanon at some point? I have a YouTube Lebanese lady I am subscribed who mentioned it in older videos when describing living in a building with a hairdresser who worked for a singer she loved called Saba or smthing.

Maybe you mean back in 2006, the July War.

But this could be an operation more of this fashion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Iran_explosions

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 8:45 am

Idk. Which reminds me I still havent checked up on her n asked if her family is ok.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 8:55 am

It could not have been 2006 because iirc she was talking about when she was growing up
And her influences of style then.

She made a video fr this. I wish I knew what the song is saying. https://youtu.be/IlKo7dT55PQ

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:01 am

If this blast was the result of a conspiracy, then it is fair to say that the conspirators were all somewhat less than competent ... unless their goal was to blow up the pier, the warehouses, and half of Beautiful Downtown Beirut.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:05 am

Fnord wrote:
If this blast was the result of a conspiracy, then it is fair to say that the conspirators were all somewhat less than competent ... unless their goal was to blow up the pier, the warehouses, and half of Beautiful Downtown Beirut.

Why wouldnt that be someones goal? Isnt the point of such people to ruin nice things for everyone and cause chaos and anarchy?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:10 am

Quote:
UNINSURED
Reuters inquiries have raised numerous red flags.

Under international maritime conventions and some domestic laws, commercial vessels must have insurance to cover events such as environmental damage, loss of life or injury caused by a sinking, spill or collision. Yet the Rhosus was uninsured, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The ship’s Russian captain, Boris Prokoshev, said by phone from his home in Sochi, Russia, that he had seen an insurance certificate but could not vouch for its authenticity.

Reuters was unable to obtain a copy of the ship’s documents.

The Mozambican firm that ordered the ammonium nitrate, Fábrica de Explosivos Moçambique (FEM), was not the cargo owner at the time because it had agreed to only pay on delivery, according to its spokesman, Antonio Cunha Vaz.

The producer was Georgian fertilizer maker Rustavi Azot LLC, which has since been dissolved. Its owner at the time, businessman Roman Pipia, told Reuters he had lost control of the Rustavi ammonium nitrate plant in 2016. UK court documents show that the firm was forced by a creditor to auction off its assets that year.

The factory is now run by another firm, JSC Rustavi Azot, which also said it could not shed light on the cargo owner, according to the plant’s current first deputy director, Levan Burdiladze.

FEM said it had ordered the shipment through a trading firm, Savaro Ltd, which has registered companies in London and Ukraine but whose website is now offline.

A visit to Savaro Ltd’s listed London address on Monday found a Victorian terraced house, with a locked and barred door, near the fashionable bars of Shoreditch. No one responded to knocks on the door.

Reuters contacted UK-registered Savaro Ltd director Greta Bieliene, a Lithuanian based in Cyprus. She declined to answer questions.

A source familiar with the inner workings of Savaro’s trading business said it sold fertilizer from ex-Soviet Union states to clients in Africa.

Slideshow (3 Images)
Ukraine-based businessman Vladimir Verbonol is listed as director of Savaro in Ukraine, according to Ukrainian corporate data base You Control. Reuters was unable to contact Verbonol for comment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-leba ... 4qk4CoogGY

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:16 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Why wouldn't that be someones goal?  Isn't the point of such people to ruin nice things for everyone and cause chaos and anarchy?
Yes ... but the ammonium nitrate fertilizer had been sitting there for nearly seven years before it detonated.  If terrorism was a conspirator's goal, then they could have detonated the fertilizer as soon as it entered the warehouse.

Of course, this does not preclude the idea that this was more an act of opportunity than an act that was deliberately planned...

"Hey, Amil!  Look!  I bet we could set this stuff off and make a really big 'BOOM'!  Whaddaya think; you with me?"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:18 am

Fnord wrote:

There's two kinds of negligence in the Middle East: The kind due to laziness or stupidity, and the other is due to forced hushing.

The suspected murder of that colonel makes me more leaning to the 2nd possibility.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:18 am

Downtown Beirut actually is beautiful in places.

The people of Lebanon are resilient folks. They’ve been through a lot.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 9:21 am

Fnord wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Why wouldn't that be someones goal?  Isn't the point of such people to ruin nice things for everyone and cause chaos and anarchy?
Yes ... but the ammonium nitrate fertilizer had been sitting there for nearly seven years before it detonated.  If terrorism was a conspirator's goal, then they could have detonated the fertilizer as soon as it entered the warehouse.

Of course, this does not preclude the idea that this was more an act of opportunity than an act that was deliberately planned...

"Hey, Amil!  Look!  I bet we could set this stuff off and make a really big 'BOOM'!  Whaddaya think; you with me?"

That's the not conspiracy theory being suggested; I am not saying it is there to blow up Beirut. What I am actually asking WHY it was stored there.

This nitrate ammonium, is of the kind used for explosives as I explained earlier, it's not appropriate for agriculture, maybe some entity was using it for terrorism and warfare.

Actually, some experts claim that what blew up was much less than 2700 tonnes, otherwise it would have caused even greater damage. If this is true, then some entity was consuming them.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Aug 2020, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.