Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 1:15 pm

“And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

African-Americans unsure of whether they should vote for President Trump or him “ain’t black”

Barack Obama was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm

Dont forget that "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Aug 2020, 2:18 pm

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 2:30 pm

Does anyone remember the speech as VP under Obama where he said in reference to republicans:

"There gonna put you all back in chains"

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 4:16 pm

This is how much the process has deteriorated.
The Democrats could have nominated a cardboard cutout for president and I would find it more appealing than Biden.
My stomach is going to do cartwheels when I vote for him. This is how awful Democrats get to be when the alternative is so, SO much worse.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 4:58 pm

Another presidential election where I'm forced to vote third party.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:01 pm

I Like Ike

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:20 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
This is how much the process has deteriorated.
The Democrats could have nominated a cardboard cutout for president and I would find it more appealing than Biden.
My stomach is going to do cartwheels when I vote for him. This is how awful Democrats get to be when the alternative is so, SO much worse.

I am well to the right of you politically but I feel the same way.

I am going to need to buy a vomit bag before I vote for Biden. That is how bad the Republicans have gotten.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:23 pm

and they will only get worse as long as their sugar mommies and daddies are around

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:24 pm

Fnord wrote:

I Like Ike

I'm sure he'd be better than what the two major parties are sticking us with. Which party is this Ike chap running under? :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:31 pm

I like Adlai myself 8)

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like Adlai myself 8)

1st or 2nd?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:36 pm

The bald guy who inspired the term “egghead.”

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 07 Aug 2020, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 6:08 pm

I'm a Black person who votes democratic, but yeah, i thought Biden's comment was insulting. Black people are not the Borg. We don't have a hive mind. Not all of us watch basketball, eat fried chicken and watermelon, listen to the music of Kanye, Jay-Z, Beyonce, or even rap, and many of us are not Baptists or children-abandoning cop haters on welfare in the ghetto. Biden is old and, unfortunately, stuck in the old-fashioned mental zone he grew up in. I'm hoping he'll learn and grow from these occasional faux pas.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 4:11 am

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Aug 2020, 10:57 am

Romofan wrote:
“And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

This is just a statement of fact. He even says that there are exceptions. But the African American community is much more culturally and politically homogeneous than the Latino community, where the differences between Cubans and Dominicans, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, are huge. There are no comparable divisions in the African American community. The dominant demographic by far is the descendants of slaves, who have had the culture of their ancestors torn away from them, and more recent immigrants (either from Africa or non-African countries) aren’t particularly distinguishable in the same way that Cubans, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are. Seems like the outrage is largely crocodile tears by the far left and far right looking for any reason to hate on Biden, without actually examining what he said.

Honestly, if you’re really concerned about Biden’s views on race, check out Jim Clyburn’s endorsement:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F7b6oh_RfD8

The “tl;dw” is “we know Joe”: he has a decades long record as a legislator which has earned him huge amounts of trust and respect from the black community. It’s basically the reason why the Democrats nominated him, and it’s why he’s a great candidate.