Police shooting in Wisconsin,protests erupt

Page 17 of 22 [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 11:43 pm

Apparently not....

This story will probably fade away till Rittenhouse goes to court

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 12:17 am

A California cop has now been charged with manslaughter in the death of an unarmed black man at a Walmart back in April.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 12:43 am

There's two sets of interesting data

The first isn't a secret that being black is risk factor. (Taken from Nature so the statistics are difficult to dispute)

But the other issue is whether racial bias in police is only present in white police, other data suggest black police officers are equally more likely to shoot an unarmed black man

I recall the FBIs James Comey said the databank on race and crime in the US is incomplete so its difficult to draw conclusions. What may be be more constructive is whether those wearing the badge should all be held accountable, (it seems black officers get a free pass)

The case of Md Noor a Somali officer is embarrassing as BLM, the NCAAP and Somali community got behind the black officer when he clearly shot an unarmed woman
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... oor-claims

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 11:11 am

John Pierce a lawyer who was representing Kyle Rittenhouse has resigned because of conflict of interest issues.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 11:48 am

vermontsavant wrote:
John Pierce a lawyer who was representing Kyle Rittenhouse has resigned because of conflict of interest issues.

He resigned from the defense fund board, not from the trial.

Be the hero of your life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

He resigned from the defense fund board, not from the trial.
If there is a conflict of interest he can't be part of the trial either.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 12:43 pm

He's been accused of defaulting on millions of investment money.

Dont think he'll be on the trial.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 7:36 pm

Quote:

Kyle Rittenhouse is going to walk.

This is my conclusion as I emerge, blinking in the light, from the rabbit hole I’ve been down all week of self-defense law, jury-instruction language, charging documents and online, frame-by-frame analysis of the videos of the tragic shootings in Kenosha during street protests on Aug. 25.

Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old from Antioch, Illinois, has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree reckless homicide, two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, attempted first-degree intentional homicide and possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18, in the shooting deaths of two protesters and the wounding of a third. The homicide charges carry a maximum prison sentence of 65 years.

Those of us on the left who are already outraged that it’s legal for civilians to openly carry military-style assault weapons in public spaces should begin now to brace for the inevitable resolution of this case.

Kyle Rittenhouse is probably going to walk.

source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-rittenhouse-kenosha-self-defense-zorn-20200903-susvsg45yndn7pb67l42ywnzn4-story.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 7:43 pm

I doubt Rittenhouse will be walking for long.....My guess is he'll go into protective hiding.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 7:54 pm

How would Scott Walker have handled this if he were still governor?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 2:21 am

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
frame-by-frame analysis of the videos of the tragic shootings in Kenosha during street protests on Aug. 25.

The Rosenbaum killing is not visible on the video.

Questions

1. Why was Rosenbaum shot in his back? Was he suddenly turning away from Rittenhouse?

2. Why was Rosenbaum shot five times, if this is simply self-defense?

3. Was Rosenbaum even trying to grab his the barrel of the rifle (or swat a fly)?

4. Was Rittenhouse ever in danger since he had a AR-15 rifle on a sling, against unarmed Rosenbaum?

5. At the moment of the shooting, was Rosebaum even a threat, after Rittenhouse pulled back from Rosenbaum, when Rosenbaum supposedly tried to grab his rifle?

6. Have other witnesses emerged that support a charge of murder?

7. Is *grabbing for the barrel of your fire arm* provocation for self-defense? Imagine Rittenhouse out on Halloween night shooting every kid that tries to touch his rifle, then claiming it was OK to kill these kids, because they grabbed for his rifle.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 2:58 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
frame-by-frame analysis of the videos of the tragic shootings in Kenosha during street protests on Aug. 25.

The Rosenbaum killing is not visible on the video.

Questions

1. Why was Rosenbaum shot in his back? Was he running away from Rittenhouse?

2. Why was Rosenbaum shot five times, if this is simply self-defense?

For these 2 questions: Watching the video, you hear 1 shot when he is being chased, then 4 shots close together from a different gun (likely Kyle's), then 3 shots (with a slight delay between the 2nd and 3rd) slightly later from what sounds to me like another gun altogether (looking at the video, at that point, Mr Rosenbaum (lying on the ground) would have had a car between himself and Kyle, making it difficault for him to fire and hit him, and Kyle appears to still be running away at that point).

It is possible at least 1 shot that hit Mr Rosenbaum may have come from the 3rd gun, maybe fired at Kyle, but missed.
Shot 1: 26 seconds in
Shots 2-5: 28 seconds in
Shots 6-8: 31 seconds in

Similarly, looking at the zoomed image, the shot that hit his back may have come as a result of the 4 shots being fired at Mr Rosenbaum while he was diving, catching his back while he was diving forward. Just becuase he received a shot in the back does not mean he had his back turned, as you are assuming.

Theoretically, the shot in the back may even have come from the handgun that fires first, aimed in the air, and through "luck" hit him in the back when he was lying on the ground...Unlikely, but possible.

Watching the video, there does not appear to be any point where Mr Rosenbaum has his back turned to Kyle, from what I could see, although I'm happy to have this corrected if you can find anything showing this.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 3:04 am

Well this feels awful but if you want to carry on splitting hairs about murder, free country.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 3:14 am

cberg wrote:
Well this feels awful but if you want to carry on splitting hairs about murder, free country.

Being that "murder" is a legal term with certain requirements needing to be met, can you confirm he is in fact guilty of murdering those people, or is this just what you wish to believe?

It's amazing how "innocent until proven guilty" is ignored by so many people...

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 7:28 am

Brictoria wrote:
It is possible at least 1 shot that hit Mr Rosenbaum may have come from the 3rd gun, maybe fired at Kyle, but missed.

Watching the video again ...

@28 second ... Rosenbaum is propelled backwards and appears to be in air (off his right foot and heading to the ground).

@28-29 seconds ... then Rittenhouse fires four more times.

At least the final two shots appear to be when Rosenbaum is on the ground.

Police forensics should be able to determine all the bullet angles and distances.

I expect forensics to show that Rosenbaum was shot in his back , while laying on the ground.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 8:25 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Watching the video again ...

@28 second ... Rosenbaum is propelled backwards and appears to be in air (off his right foot and heading to the ground).

@28-29 seconds ... then Rittenhouse fires four more times.

At least the final two shots appear to be when Rosenbaum is on the ground.

Police forensics should be able to determine all the bullet angles and distances.

I expect forensics to show that Rosenbaum was shot in his back , while laying on the ground.

It is strange that you think he was propelled backards, when the witness statement and charging documents describe him as being shot while diving TOWARDS Kyle...

Considering simple details like that have been pointed out numerous times, it's hard to place much faith in your "analysis" of what occurred...Seems more like "wishful thinking" on your part.