Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 10:00 am

Gasoline Powered Electrical Generators provide electrical power when the voltage is out. One of the cardinal rules about operating an electrical generator is never ever, ever use these indoors. Why? Because they generate carbon monoxide which can kill you. I guess someone didn't get the message.

An illegal rave in an underground bunker in the Norwegian capital of Oslo came to an abrupt end early Sunday when dozens were taken to hospitals after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to officials.

The Oslo Police Department said that up to 200 people were at the party in the bunker located in the city's St. Hanshaugen area.

Officers discovered the event early Sunday when a police patrol met a group of confused young people in the park where the bunker is located. Emergency services then found seven people unconscious inside.

Norwegian news outlet VG reported the event was dubbed the "Rave Cave," which started late Saturday night and initially had only 100 attendees on Facebook before it "got out of control."

At least 27 people at an illegal rave in a bunker in Norway's capital were poisoned by carbon monoxide given off by portable generators, police said.

The partygoers, in their 20s and 30s, had gathered for the rave, which used portable diesel generators to power lighting and sound systems.

Authorities believe they were poisoned by carbon monoxide given off by the generators.

One man who attended the rave but left before authorities arrived told Norwegian public broadcaster NRK that the air quality was so poor that he left several times to breathe fresh air.

Five people — including two police officers who were first on the scene — were hospitalized in critical condition but their lives are not in danger, the Norwegian news agency NTB said. Two of the five were released from intensive care on Monday, NTB reported.

The company that owns the bunker described the illegal rave as a “serious break-in” and said the company did not bear any responsibility, VG reported. The entrance to the bunker was previously closed with double-reinforced concrete. However, it was reopened by new owners and only secured with wooden boards.

Source: Norway bunker party 'rave cave' ends in carbon monoxide poisoning, 27 sickened

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 10:09 am

And I was thinking that the free inhalant would have been a bonus at the rave.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 10:49 am

Maybe it was some new cult leader trying for a mass suicide.

Maybe instead of the Moonies,the Midnight Sunnies :lol: :lol:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 10:56 am

Or maybe it was some type of fetish started back on the 70s by David Caradine involving autoerotic asphyxiation on a dance floor. Pop a couple of ecstasy for the erotic part, then breath deeply some exhaust fumes to give the asphyxiation part.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:01 am

I think the lead singer of INXS accidentally killed himself with an aphixia fetish.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:22 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I think the lead singer of INXS accidentally killed himself with an aphixia fetish.

I looked it up, I came up with some sort of mixed signals about the lead singer for INXS.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:52 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I looked it up, I came up with some sort of mixed signals about the lead singer for INXS.
I guess the police ruled Hutchence death a suicide but the rumor mill was always autoerotic asphyxiation,there was no suicide note and he was on Prozac a antidepressant.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:55 am

Darwin works in mysterious ways...

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 12:23 am

Fnord wrote:
Darwin works in mysterious ways...

:wink:

Michael Hutchence managed to breed before asphyxiating himself