China is using Magic Weapons against the Coronavirus

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 3:55 pm

I came across a strange article today. A top health official in China said effective measures have controlled the domestic epidemic, and a large-scale vaccination program is not necessary at this stage.

“Facts have proved that we have several magic weapons to deal with the epidemic," Gao Fu said, like fast identification of infected individuals, contact tracing and “effective elimination of related environments,” per China News Service.

He reportedly said that if an epidemic on a scale comparable to Wuhan occurs again, then large-scale vaccination should be carried out, though for now, the news agency wrote that “the domestic epidemic is well controlled. There is no need for large-scale vaccination at this stage."

Source: Large-scale coronavirus vaccination not necessary in China, official reportedly says

I must be in a terrible mood today. I tried to process the statement “effective elimination of related environments,” and the first thing that popped into my mind was crematory ovens.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 4:59 am

Hmm. That's not magic. Other countries did that as well, with less threat of force but through good communication and education and economic support of workers.
And those who could neither employ force nor support tried to blame others. ...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:25 pm

I thought that you were going to tell us that they were burning incense, wearing garlic around their necks, and using feng shui, to combat it. :lol:

But you were just quoting them speaking in hyperbole describing their very unmystical, and very bureaucratic, measures to keep track of people. I hope that you are aware that they were being figurative when they called their response "magic".

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:30 pm

Did they import Iranian Imam-spit?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:31 pm

^ It's the Chi power.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:35 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 1:40 pm

Well... why the heck NOT try some magic.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:25 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2020, 6:10 pm

It was probably translated from Chinese. Translations aren't always precise.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 5:46 am

All translations are always perfect, and "Backstroke of the West" was an amazing movie.